Why was FFXIV 1.0 so bad? I never got to play it since it's not a thing anymore

Why was FFXIV 1.0 so bad? I never got to play it since it's not a thing anymore.

watch the noclip documentary that came out a few weeks ago for your answer

it's a really really good documentary

It tried to be XI and failed

>wake up
>waste my peak performance in parties that can't stop fucking up
>get into a decent party
>start fucking up constantly
REEEEEEEEEEEE

More importantly, why would SE release an MMO to compete with it's very own MMO? Even Blizzard is smart enough not to do that.

how am i supposed to enjoy this cup of joe without my thread

No one wanted to play XI anymore

Janny says you can't have these threads here. Go to /vg/.

console war threads and twitter screencap threads only

not until janny fixes the xiv thread

Because SE stopped updating XI to pave the way for XIV. Then XIV 1.0 failed and XI got an expansion.

Or just say PS2 limitations.

XI was dying and a new xpac wasn't going to fix that

It was a the result of trying to "WoW"-ify Final Fantasy XI which resulted in some really clunky concepts.

For example, they wanted you to be able to level using quests like WoW, but they also wanted you to grind mobs like FFXI. The result was you get a certain amount of quest allowances per day and once you used those up, you could no longer do any quests and had to grind for more levels.

They also wanted to make seamless load free zones like WoW but all they did was copy and paste the same terrain for miles and miles.

The copy pasted landscapes wierd design choices and horribly optimized engine aside, the biggest flaw the game had was that everything was server side. Every menue, every little thing you did had stupid amounts of server lag.

That being said,the story was pretty good. Certainly better than the trainwreck that SB is.

1.0's story was literally meaningless until the last few quests

>the story was pretty good

>It tried to be XI
You have never played XI or 1.0. Stop repeating stupid shit just because you heard someone else say it. 1.0 wasn't like XI in any single way.

>1.0 wasn't like XI in any single way.
both were boring as hell

both are shit?

It's funny how easy it is to spot WoW babbies that couldn't make it through the Dunes.

WoW Themepark plebs detected.

hi plebs

Janny can go suck a fat cock because he doesn't get to decide what video games get to be discussed on this board.

Deal with it, hotpockets. Fucking choke on it.

>Gets called a pleb for being one
>Tiny WoW-ridden brain can't come up with a coherent response or create his own insults so just parrots whatever insult was directed towards them

Keep on proving my point WoW-baby.

>blizzshill calling anyone else a corporate cock sucker

go back to your dead game, nXIgger

>corporate cocksucker
>uses a Windows Phone
lol

>you of all autist calling anyone a corporate cock sucker

Why is O4S so fucking hard?

Your the same guy in every thread, dont you have anything better to do?
>phoneposter
figures

It's not, true savage is other players.

It had no content. The meat of the game was essentially grinding. Crafting was a huge component and incredibly time consuming and difficult. It was relaxing and had a good atmosphere, but there was no compelling reason to actually do anything. You were leveling and making better gear to maybe make some money and do nothing with.

SE had their heads stuck up their arse because they were at the top of the world at the time (or felt like they were at least), in a "hahaha we can do no wrong", so they tried to make FFXI 2.0 in a post WoW world.

It was a cross between FF11 and WoW, along with some other really odd decisions. Something about it seemed like it could work but it was still too flawed to be worth playing. It needed to be remade, for sure, but I'm not sure if going to the insane extreme of making a straight up WoW clone was the right move either. At least it's a better game overall. FF11 is still better than those games, but it requires a dedicated team to get through efficiently and with any fun.

>buggy
>unfinished
>couldn't make up it's mind between trying to be XI or it's own thing