Why is marina such a bitch to pearl? Who thought this was an ok thing to do? It feels so one sided and out of nowhere...

Why is marina such a bitch to pearl? Who thought this was an ok thing to do? It feels so one sided and out of nowhere. It's not even good as a comedy act most of the time it just feels like straight up bullying . It's really really fucking weird that pearl comes off as this sorta dumb but happy kid and marina is pretty but really unapologetically mean to her for seemingly no reason . Is this exclusive to America ? How hard is the contrast between her here and her in Japan ?

>How hard is the contrast between her here and her in Japan ?
In the Japanese version of the game, Marina is shy and soft-spoken.

Because Pearl is a monster.
Not giving a fuck about the life of another person.
Going to the lengths to fake concern for another inkling and then immediately not give a fuck about actually going through with the search.
She is shit.

>tfw when American Marina would dominate you

>Marina released
>Thought she was going to be a shy and nice girl
>She turns out to be even more of a venomous bitch than Maria

Why?

"snarky bitch" and "quipmaster general" are the only two personalities hack westerners can write

Because NoA localization means changing the character instead of translating.

>yfw she's a blue ring octopus

but seriously I heard the JP version of the characters is Pearl being confident and Marina being shy and looking up to her.

It's reads as just joke responses between friends?
I think you may be too sensitive to these kinds of interactions and reading a bit too judgmentally into these situations

>can't play Turf War online with friends
>can't play Ranked with friends
>forced to play League Battle with untouchable tryhards all using voice chat

I just want to dick around with a friend online.

These aren't exactly as harsh as you're making them out to be but sure, pick at whatever flaws you feel like picking at to justify being for team Pearl.

It happens way too often and out of nowhere and Pearl never really retaliates.
Is this how nintendo wants to make Marina less popular for future splatfests?

I don't like tryhards either. Do you want to play salmon run sometime?

because they're setting her up to be the landslide winner in the popularity contests by intentionally making her opponent shit

That's sounds like a fun dynamic. I wish they didn't change it to Calle and Marie 2.0

She's still shy and soft spoken. Pearl is just kind of a brat so Marina gets to tease her about things and it's really only in a more passive way. They're still friends.

The only problem is that in the American version their relationship resembles Callie and Marie's a bit too much. Marin should be shy and soft spoken, but kind of dumb and awkward while Pearl should be smarter one and teases Marina about it because she has more of an attitude.

No you miserable cunt, get some real friends you fucking faggot.

All these are scripted to be scripted.

you are mad at a fake fake character personality in a video game

Why would anyone pick ketchup over the versatility of mayo?

>mayo
>versatility
Joke post?

Because Marina and Ketchup is better.

Unless you mix in 4 parts ketchup, 1 part mayo, and sprinkle in Tobasco sauce

Pearl is an ugly troll and deserves all this razzing.

Oh boy

>fiction is fiction
so insightful

They don't feel similar at all to me. Marie's deadpan expression made her seem like she was dismissing Callie as an idiot. Marina looks like she's almost afraid to even mention these things. And most of their interactions are just conversations where no one picks on each other. Sup Forums just likes to be mad and this localization is just a perfect example to be mad at nothing.

Isn't Pearl supposed to be the mean one? What the fuck is this shit, Treehouse?

I already hit Profreshional and now Salmon Run is just tedious.

Because no matter how versitile Mayo is. It will always taste like shit.
>inb4 but sugar
So you only tasted Heinz ketchup eh.

You are on the right path, but you stopped thinking to suit your own needs.

A fiction within a fiction.

so profound

Pearl is the mean one. She has no regard for anything living. Marina just shuts down her delusions of grandeur

Ew wtf why would I choose semen n eggs in a jar rather than based ketchup? That's mad gay

Pearl is the sociopath, yes.
Marina isn't really as mean as much as she's keeping Pearl grounded in reality.

STEAK

They're more or less from the same mold.
Just a yolk taste over a tomato taste.
It's like preferring fudge cake over angel food.
It's okay but silly to get all uppity about it.

>It's like preferring fudge cake over angel food.
So preferring the taste of rich chocolate over the taste of fucking concentrated sugar made in the shape of a cake?
Why wouldn't anyone choose Angel food over fudge?

>Marina defense force in full swing

>mayofags

Fatties like mayo way too much: fact.

Stating facts is not really an insult in this particular situation. I always have to buy those little baby bottle tier jars of mayo due to the lack of use I have for them. Hell, for sandwiches I double down on the mustard.

Mayo is ok as an ingredient for other stuff, but as is? gross.

Ketchup ftw, and superior announcer.

>the taste of fucking concentrated sugar in the shape of a cake

Wait, what do you think the taste of vanilla ice cream, caramel, and Pepsi made soda is?
Of course people would love sugar cake. Have you never been invited to a party in a decade?

>not picking both and then mixing them
Mixing Mayo with Ketchup is a god tier dip.

>Mayo is ok as an ingredient for other stuff, but as is? gross.
You EAT ketchup?

You are confusing topping and ingredient.

As said before I like ketchup + a little mayo + tobasco sauce on things like buggers or naggets

So do all Americans just scarf down anything with sugar in it or just you?

Yes?

WE'RE AMERICANS
WE DON'T EAT THAT FAGGOT WHITE SHIT

>condiment mixing
Traitor.

Ketchup is absolutely disgusting and anyone that likes it has the palette of a 6 year old.

That doesn't make mayo any better, but it's the lesser evil. At least you won't look like a fucking child for eating mayo.

You eat that faggot white shit with a spoon out of the jar.

my right index finger fucking hurts.

using the octobrush is suffering.

I actually had to switch to a sprayer so I could play.

Fuck the switches triggers.

>video game
>Lost in translation
>something isn't okay because I don't like it.

What game modes should I be focusing on? Is there anything I'll miss out on or be at a disadvantage with if I don't do it?

Really like the game, but didn't play 1 so I'm finding it pretty hard. I've turned the gyro off (although it's better when I'm playing handheld mode).

I'm hoping this is something I get into for the long term. I was going to use it to kill time between now and Mario, but it's not looking like I'll pick up Mario now.

Also, what's the point in the rivalries between cake, ice cream, mayo, ketchup, etc? What does it actually do?

vinegar is the only valuable ingredient in either substance, why you'd prefer one garbage paste over the other says questionable things about your ability and palate

That's the vibe everything about her gives until you read the NoA dialogue. Pearl seems to give off a spoiled princess vibe which is why my friends didn't like her initially yet the dialogue makes her a cuck. For what purpose NoA?

Idk the top one seems pretty venomous. Like she was really reaching for that "joke"

>mixing

How dare you

It really is awful.

When Splatoon 1 came out, I was having a grand ol time. Made it to A+ in ranked. Blaster was my weaponfu. But I sold my wii u and went full on pc master race.

Svladuün 2 is looking pretty good. It's bretty tempting but 500 DOLLARS WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

I hope she's a cutie

1.) Use the grips, one in each hand. Turn gyro to -2, and turn stick control up to like +7.
Doing this I found my comfort zone with gyro controls since I am right hand dominant I get way way way more precise aiming and shit. Good posture is also key because if your hand gets in an awkward position it can be hard to reset. Standing is also a good option

2.) dont focus on one game mode unless you really really hate rainmaker or something

3.) Rivalries are just team based turf wars, in the first game you got X Super Sea Snails to mod your gear. X being how high your rank was and if you won. Pick your favorite side, idol or whatever.

>doesn't realize that's how the secret In-n-Out animal style sauce is made

Plebbo

soft roll

Isn't it just thousand island dressing?

Rolling.

Pearl is working heel, goodbrother.

U dun fucked up user

>You are confusing topping and ingredient.
Ketchup and mayo are freaking sauces.
As is implies literally nothing you're downing the sauce without context.
And anyone who eats nuggets with ketchup over a properly mixed tomato bbq is a giga plebian.

sauce pleeeese\!

She's not a cuck. Most of the conversations would suggest that she does whatever the fuck she wants, like fucking around during matches (spamming roll, camping the top of the stage, and shooting bystanders for fun) much to Marina's dismay. She's definitely a brat.

Not that user but the sugar industry has had a good hold on things here in America. One of the reasons for the rise in obesity is them pumping fat free foods to dump lots of sugar in them to not taste like crap.

>palette

>thousand island dressing
It's pretty much mayo with ketchup ingredients added after the yolk is mixed in.

If it's thousand island dressing then just say thousand island dressing you don't have to bring in some random fast food trivia.

Sounds like the main reason for obesity is people not reading labels, then.

>being this upset

Just calm down man

I think the primary issue is that the smart alec always gets to have the last word. That certainly implies things considering they are having an A-B conversation. Not only that the confident smart alec also looks fragile and shy outside of the text written, an issue because body language is where the bulk of human communication happens.

Changing the personality of a shy frail girl into an assertive prick can't happen on text change alone, physical appearance, animations and overall design don't disappear because the letters below the character are something different.

Please delete that picture, it angers me.

Japanese Mayo better than both. That being said, I'll side with Ketchup on this one.

Thousand Island isn't an objectively agreed upon name in the first place, it gets called secret sauce or [restaurant sauce] even though it's not secret at all like Big Boy, Daly's, and Five Guys too.
Calm down.

There was also a period of time the people were intentionally misled to what was causing the weight gain. Still are to a degree

Maybe the mods can do it for you considering they deleted my previous image.

you should learn how to gyro. Play what game modes you think are fun although main turf wars get you money and xp easy. If you're in hand held, the sensitivity probably needs to go up. Salmon run is my favorite so far.

But Marina wasn't changed into an assertive prick. Calling out your friend because she intentionally fucks around during sports and then openly declares it like it's a good thing isn't being a prick. And she doesn't even do it in a rude way either.

>mfw the last two Sunken Scrolls entries
what the fuck

The packaging says thousand island dressing, it's gotta be agreed upon if all those restaurants call it that.

Are the skill of your gear totally random or are there skills that are exclusive to the brand?
Any site that list out which brand is more likely to give you which skill?

Burn the coal, pay the toll.

Fair enough that she tells pearl not to camp (which is a fairly viable strategy) or to play the objective but don't ignore the fact that she often times very clearly berates pearl for things unrelated to gameplay .

First slot is always a preset skill based on the item, the follow 1-3 slots are free. You can wipe gear once it's finished leveling to get "chunks" of the skills that were wiped, and once you have 10 of each chunk you can insert a skill into the free slots. It's a lot more manageable, grindy, but in the end it's impossible to be fucked by RNG as long as you put the time into it.

In Splatoon 1, different brands would have higher chances of gaining a certain ability. Not sure if that logic is applied to Splat2n as well

I wouldn't call it often. The singing off-key one is probably the worst offender. But aside from that, I haven't seen any others that weren't gameplay related. People here also interpret the shill one from the OP as an insult because shill is used as an insult here. But in the real world, that's not what that word means.

This is the best pearl rendition I've ever witnessed. Props to the artist her face looks great!

>that Sex Pistols vibe sweater
>that Doc Martens
>that leather wristband

I WANNA CUSTOMIZE MY INKLING

I WANNA PLAY DRESS UP WITH MY VIRTUAL SQUID MUTANT BUT I DONT HAVE A SWITCH

I WANNA KILL SOME JAPS AND SQUIDBAG ON HIS ASS LIKE I DID IN SVLADUÜN 1

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

too bad shes still balding

same

I despise both

Pearl : marina I heard you bought a new motorcycle recently, you gotta let me ride it!
Marina : I don't think your feet would reach the pedals

Pearl: I love dullie Dodge rolling off the edges and splatting fools mid air, and then we win the game!
Marina : I also like to make believe !

Also that school one in the op, she's a bitch, deal with it

>any friendly jab towards another person is interpreted as they hate each other

Why is Sup Forums so autistic? Have you never jokingly put your friends on blast before?