All brand new games

>all brand new games
>not a single rehash of a game from 3 years ago

What the fuck happened to this industry?

Games weren't nearly as expensive to develop.

There are more people who dont care than there are those who do.
You will have to eat the shame shit everyone else does or not at all.

There's 5 sequels on there which stayed at least reasonably true to their predecessors. I'm not sure about the other two. What are you talking about?

And please for the love of christ, DO rehash games. The last thing I want is franchises doing a massive 180 on themselves so I don't even like them anymore.

your image has 6 sequels and a spin-off in it
whats your point?

Still no Ace Combat HD Collection for modern hardware. Gotta wait forever for AC7.

>games didn't have marketing budgets 50x the development budget

And all those games were made in JAPAN. Except GTA and Jak.

people like rehashes, that's why there's 6 in your image

and Baldurs Gate

Because we've gotten to the point where hardware upgrades aren't really making too much difference anymore. PS1 could barely 3D games.

Normies.

>And please for the love of christ, DO rehash games. The last thing I want is franchises doing a massive 180 on themselves so I don't even like them anymore.

be careful what you wish for. yes 180 changing the gameplay is bad so too is replaying the same game with a next skin e.g. destiny 2.

It's too late anyway, the PS3 was the only console it could have worked on.

Why would we go back to those days when you can sell games on "hype" alone? There's no need to build a track record of excellence -- and get people excited for your next game because it'll be good -- when you can just buy banner ads, TV spots and push out carefully scripted trailers while cosying up to game journos so they spread the word for you.

>What the fuck happened to this industry?

Cost of making games increased (Witcher 3 was 81m). Small devs got pushed out of console industry. Big players remained. They needed to protect themselves against the downside of a game bombing hence they prioritizing selling what was proven vs. taking risks on unknown.

In addition, newer gamers were born who never played those classics so it was obvious to remake proven games in HD.

But nowadays games get sold even more just from the "hype" alone.

The best answer itt.

Sony became lazy. They could easily buy a couple of studios to produce more exclusives.

Isn't Sony slowly losing tons of business and Playstation is what's keeping them afloat?

development costs/time

I want to go back Sup Forums

Please :(

That's what I said. lrn2read