Now that the honeymoon phase is over, what are your major complains about this game?

Now that the honeymoon phase is over, what are your major complains about this game?

>story blows, seriously, it's a fucking dumb story.
>final villain is awful, non-compelling and retarded
>final trial rehashes way too much from previous final cases
>Nahyuta is unlikable, and remains all that way through the entire game
>DLC case is fan pandering trash
>Maya just returned for nostalgiafags and fan service, yet acts like a fucking teenager despite pushing 30s already.
>first case gets annoying really fucking fast, 4th case is boring filler

Really, this game was nothing special. Far from ever being trilogy quality or AAI2 quality. It's one of the lesser games alongside DD and AAI.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgeL0iOiJek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've learned the hard truth with DD, buying a non Shu Takumi AA is a mistake.
not gonna fall in it a 2nd time

I liked the 4th case, it was fun without trying to fit in with the stupid overall story about Khurain. I liked the 2nd case a lot too, and while it was obvious the DLC case was meant to be fanservice I liked it just for the fact that Maya isn't accused of murder or kidnapped.

The really problem is the main story. It was shit and I could get into it because I didn't give a shit about Khurain and the characters from there. It almost made me dislike Phoenix because of how present he is, and when Apollo finally becomes the focus of the game, it was done in a stupid way. Apollo could have been such a good character and he was ruined by Phoenix stealing his role in AA4 and now with his shitty backstory that feels really out of place in AA6.

I wish Shu Takumi and Kumiko Suekane could work on other mainline games but it looks like it's impossible.

Takumi doesn't want anything to do with mainline anymore.
He said he prefers to know when a story must stop rather than dragging on and turning it into a shadow of its former self, which is what mainline is these days, honestly.

Ah he used the honeymoon phrase and badly worded his arguments, this must be what they call "bait"

>he doesn't like something I like, I'll call him bait
Amazing argument.

The series started to decline with AJ which he also wrote desu.

Too much Apollo, not enough channeling, Percieve still sucks. Still objectively better than AA4 in literally every regard.

The names are fucking stupid.

I personaly think DD is one of the best ones.

The Divine Séance mechanic is the most frustrating mechanic in the series to date, and I really hope it never comes back. I never usually save scum in these games, but this pretty much forced me to. Also, Case 4 was complete and utter garbage and Nahyuta is really unlikable, even at the end of the game.

Would you fuck a bunny?

I agree Sad Monk is the worst prosecutor, but Case 4 was great, and the Seance was fine.

AA1 > AA3 > AA6 > AJ > AA2 > AA5

>AA1 the best

Aside from it being most people's first entry into the series and thus the one they have the fondest memories of by default, I don't see how you can put it at the top. 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3 are all pretty mediocre.

Impossible, no one can be worse than le epic guitar man of zero personality.

why would you save scum when there is literally no consequence to getting a game over? you get your health bar refilled and put right back where you were as if nothing ever happened

>Shu Takumi

But cunt publisher Capcom won't localise any Shu Takumi game because they're cunts.

No, I like human beings, specifically human females.

>main plotline is awful
>Khurain and everything that had to do with it was retarded
>Phoenix acts like a retard rookie
>Nahyuta is a cunt and is the single most insufferable AA character
>Apollo gets suckered into abandoning his job and friends to help restore a country he has no actual bond with

Best cases were the two filler cases.

>2
>that low

1-3 was pretty decent from what I remember.

Seances were annoying because they were really picky about how you did them sometimes.

Other than that, I liked it. Probably the best post-trilogy game other than AAI2.

2nd & 3rd cases were fun.

4th case could've been cool but it was even more simplistic than the tutorial case of the game as well as Athena feeling like she backpedalled as a character in it. Similarly the DLC case really needed one or two more characters in it because it was also too simple as it was.

The idea was supposed to be that he was "his own man now" or something I guess. I would've preferred Phoenix setting up shop over there and Apollo taking over the Japanifornian office myself though, given that Phoenix was the one who started the revolution and the player seeing him interact with Khurain more than they did Apollo and all.

Thanks for finally stating the truth about this game.

Case 1:
Standard tutorial case, show casing off the new gimmick for the game. It's whatever really (but bonus points for the singing text)

Case 2:
Interesting enough case for the first proper one .Twists were good and overall solid.

Case 3:
Good use of the Khurain setting and I liked the ending.

Case 4:
Should have been the second case tbqh, nothing very interesting here, but it was fine. Just a breather case.

Case 5, part 1:
Good bits with Dhurke and the Helicopter Boy actually a qt3.14 , but Phoenix being the rival seems forced. Bless up Paul Atishoo as well.

Case 5, part 2:
Very fun case, but overall somewhat standard for the series, and that says something about how much I like the series. Pantomime villian and some good heart-string moments in there.

Overall it sits on the better side of the series to me. T&T is still my favorite though.

Fuck the DLC case though

youtube.com/watch?v=mgeL0iOiJek

I require no tricks nor gimmicks, for you see... My magic is the real deal.

For such an unlikable character, his villain reveal is one of the best in the series. What are your favorite villain reveals?

>hating klavier

>honeymoon phase

stop falling for this meme, guys

Godot from the original trilogy
I don't remember his exact name, but it had something to do with the greek gods Case 3 DD for the 3D games

I fucking loved the seance mechanic, honestly. There's quite a few where you need clever spatial thinking to figure out what's wrong. I never really thought it was frustrating, it added some nice difficulty and the solutions made sense.

I really liked how he was just thoroughly and utterly dislikeable. Made him feel very threatening at times, and the series needs more absolute assholes.

Also shows that all those who touch the Gramaryes are dipshits.

Friendly reminder that Apollo Justice has the best OST.

>trilogy quality or AAI2 quality

I bet you REALLY wanted to say "AJ quality" but you realized you would've been laughed out of the thread. But I know it's you AJfag.

PLvsPW & DGS are better I feel, but as spinoffs maybe they don't count for you guys

Agreed. He spent most of the case just being a disgusting asshole, but after his villain reveal I could only appreciate how far his crazy ass spite went.

oh hey, they released this art

Athena's boobs are getting too big, they might have to kill her in the next game.

captain haddock get outta here

Just finished the game last week:

>Rayfa is a completely generic unlikeable ohime-sama tsundere
> Final villain gets no development beyond hurr durr I'm evil
> Final villain reveals at the literal very beginning of the last trial
> Prosecutor is a "rival is actually good and working for the villain unwillingly, but is an asshole to the protagonists for no reason" episode
> 5th case rehashes all its good ideas from the 3rd case:
> "The killer knew we would conduct a seance!"
> "Spirit channeling!!!!!11"

on the plus side

>Ema a QT3.14

Guys, what should I do?

>continue my AA3 replay (dropped it in the middle of 3-3 because fuck that case)
>replay AJ
>replay DD
>Play PLvPW
>all of the above

last option, obviously

Most of this is true, but
>Not liking Rayfa

>> Final villain gets no development beyond hurr durr I'm evil
> 5th case rehashes all its good ideas from the 3rd case:
> "The killer knew we would conduct a seance!"
> "Spirit channeling!!!!!11"

you're pretty retarded

He didn't write it.

this is such a weird thing to say when AA2 is wildly uneven, where AAI2 and SoJ have been good, and DGS mediocre

Shu Takumi has an incredible likeable and fantastic style when he's good, but he's not very consistent

It was better than AAI, Apollo Justice, DD and most of Justice for All. Or are we having some sort of Zelda cycle?

it's just one guy who has been shitposting the exact same thing since the game came out, SoJ is generally agreed to be a good entry

Ace Attorney is my single favorite game series but I still think Takumi should move on to new projects. Ghost Trick might be my favorite game of all time and I shudder to imagine what else Takumi can do when he's not chained to an existing series.

>honeymoon phase
Are you still here? I remember your dumbass from the old threads.

Well, he seemed to want to make DGS, it's his pet project (he's constantly tweeting about Souseki and Holmes, too).

I'd love to see him do another Ghost Trick, but fact is that Capcom doesn't really like experimenting, sadly. I'm not sure how Ghost Trick sold, but I'm guessing it wasn't a lot.

It's the only AA game I haven't finished. Got to case 3, i think? When Maya is the defendant FOR LIKE THE FIVE HUNDREDTH TIME IN THE SERIES, and turned the game off.

Doesn't help the first two cases and the seance gimmick was lame as fuck.

third case rules, though

>honeymoon
post discarded

>case 2
>lame
unadulterated shit taste here