Nihon Falcom wants all it's games on PC

THE AGE OF THE WEABOO IS UPON US

>TechRaptor: It’s been said that Ys VIII’s PS4 release was made to target the west, though it and a few other “modern” Falcom titles are all receiving PC ports lately. Has Falcom been actively pursuing PC versions for more recent releases in the west?

>Toshihiro Kondo: We have no hesitation about releasing games on Steam. Rather, given that we don’t have a large staff, we mainly have to rely [on] partners to help us realize a PC port. When we first started releasing games on Steam, we were initially unsure of whether or not players would want to play our older games. However, as we gradually released games on Steam and saw the very positive reaction that was much greater than we expected, we feel like we want all of our games that come out to [release] on Steam.

>Although Kondo’s words might not be too shocking considering recent events – XSEED Games are releasing Trails of Cold Steel I/II on PC later this year, Aksys Games will release Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on Steam around the same time of the PS4 release, and of course NIS America is releasing Ys VIII on Steam at the same time as the western PS4/Vita release – it’s still nice to see the words come out officially, nonetheless. At this point, it feels safe to say that whenever Trails of Cold Steel III gets a western release announcement, a PC release won’t be far behind.

To answer the inevitable "Literally who?" among you, they are most well known for the Legend of Heroes (aka Trails of Cold Steel) games, as well as the Ys series

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QcQpec98nCA
youtube.com/watch?v=38dR1YYulio
youtube.com/watch?v=TpLAeLzDvfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess I should wait for that Celceta port, then.

Crossbell when?

Theres already a general faggot

oh i'm sorry would you rather a LMAO SONYNIGGERS BTFO thread or perhaps a YOUTUBE E CELEB THREAD

McFucking kill yourself

Welp better sell my ps4 version if there's gonna be a Steam version

>former PC developer wants to go back to PC
Okay.

Tokyo Xanadu was confirmed for PC a long time ago, though

BUT user GAMES ON PC DON'T SELL PIRATES CUT INTO PROFITS AND CONSOLES ARE WHERE IT'S AT GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED ON THE COUCH

At least put a better literally who description. Falcom are the company that pioneered japanese action rpgs and video games with robust soundtracks.

>falcom
>literally who
JRPGs as they currently are might not even exist without Falcom
youtube.com/watch?v=QcQpec98nCA

They're also one of the pioneers of vidya music that were more than just bleeps and bloops
>1989
youtube.com/watch?v=38dR1YYulio

There's a mediocre chinese port with an english patch already.

Posting Yuzo's original PC-88 OST would have sufficed. There was nothing else like it back in 87.

youtube.com/watch?v=TpLAeLzDvfw

So they are finally back home. I hope what they are saying is true for Japan as well, there would be no need to worry about ports anymore.

Does this mean that we'll see older Falcom games on steam?
Could we see the older LoH games on steam?

I'm happy, after trails in the sky I want to try all their games.

>trails in the sky
Aren't trails games really boring and slow? Why all the love for those games?

It takes the best parts of a JRPG and turns the dial to 11, they go heavy on the character and world building and let you enjoy the ride while not skipping anything.

Great experiences, being "slow" is a good thing when it comes to JRPGs.

GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE WINS AGAIN

>one of the best JRPG developers wants to bring more shit to the west
This is a good thing

How about that Shivering Vase tho?

Erm... now as it is still the Erebonia arc?

Nigga i finished the chinese port 2 months ago