Has there ever been a real life vidya event that was as much of a fuck-up as this was?

Has there ever been a real life vidya event that was as much of a fuck-up as this was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N_AZcBrf-4s
youtu.be/CFm8SJ0VOaA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picocell
rcrwireless.com/20160706/network-infrastructure/das-distributed-antenna-system-tag31-tag99
theverge.com/2017/7/23/16016396/pokemon-go-fest-attendees-refund-legendary-lugia-articuno
youtube.com/watch?v=Uipt68Tghl8
youtube.com/watch?v=ctrpmv92G-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

E3 2013 for the xbone

Wait, it was an official event?

yes, and it was a shitshow

Post video shithead

Fuck that , how do I exploit this to get $100 ?

E3 2017 for the xbone

>The Verge
eww

I stopped playing Pokemon GO a month after it released if not earlier because it was a total piece of shit, but I watched some videos on this event and disaster doesn't even begin to cover it.

Apparently there was a line to get into the event which people started lining up for at 6am. Keep in mind these people had already paid for their tickets. The last batch of people in line waiting to get in got in around 5pm. Five in the afternoon. The people who did get in couldn't even connect to the app because they squeezed 20,000 people into a 0.48 mile radius. When the head of Niantic came on stage, everyone started booing him and yelling at him to fix his shitty game. It was so loud he was forced to respond, "we're working on it, sorry."

Imagine paying for a movie, and waiting in line until 10 minutes until it's over. Imagine paying a lot of money for this ticket, and to add insult to injury, you're one of the few (idiots) who spent a lot of money traveling to the location to be there. Imagine if once you got in, the projector was broken.

Absolute embarrassment.

Ok didn't pay any attention to it. What happened?

see

>mfw they had an interactive graph of all of the Pokemon caught at GO Fest trying to meet a certain amount of each typing for special rewards for the guests
>Graph kept moving even though literally nobody could play

Was this their first event? This seems like absolute amateur level of organization.

Yes. Maybe their last too.

youtu.be/N_AZcBrf-4s

First Pokémon event yes, but not their first event. They've done these sorts of things for their other game, Ingress

Once again on the anniversary of the pogo launchthey failed to anticipate how players they have. Again.
Pottery.

if you went to this then you deserve it. shame a meteor didn't land on stage

ouch

but he's being booed by a horde of manchildren so i wouldn't take it to heart if i were him

Those manchildren are the only people left playing his game. I'd take that to heart more than the booing.

he's probably swimming in bathtubs of money and couldn't give less of a shit

Can Niantic do anything right?

youtu.be/CFm8SJ0VOaA

>0:58

any videos

sounds like a good time

this is gold

I need moar

Money doesnt make you immune yo butthurt.

yes it does, see: notch

They cut off most of the livestream because people where booing and chanting Fix the game over and over.
And was really packed and very humid. It was close to riot.

>all that unbridled nerdrage

i can't hear what they're saying

>tfw two guys I know drove all the way to Chicago for the purpose of not being able to play shitty mobile game at shitty mobile game event
Laughing my ass off

notch is a lonely, depressed man who cant actually make any real friends because they're all after his money

nvm, "fix the game"

Notch is probably one of the most buttblasted humans in existence. He's actually a posterchild for the idea that money isn't everything.

This ist fucking gold

that's what you want us to think, notch

>booing someone off stage
Why are Pokefags so disrespectful?

The graph was literally rigged.

>that fucking dj

Holy fuck this is just getting better and better

>so what's your favourite pokemon?
>HE WOULD KNOW IF HE COULD CATCH ANY

>It is actually worst than minecon
Lmao

Don't meme on me, you can tell from his twitter account. Dude could buy a small island, and he would still spend most of his time arguing on social media. He's so hopelessly autistic that I actually feel bad for him.

>That we can't play chant
Hahahahaha
Oh my god

It sounds Dashcon levels bad.

Am I missing something conclusive in this image? Because they could just say this is the program they have controlling the graph with the data from the game's servers. "Manual Control" isn't ticked.

POKEMON GO WAS A MISTAKE

Dashcon was bad cause it was done by a bunch of strangers with no organization on tumblr with funds from crowdfunding. This is a fest that is done by a multi million dollar company with proper organization and planning and it is crashing and burning so fucking hard.

Holy fuck

jesus christ

Didn't PokeGo not really make that much money?

>people blaming Chicago
It's common knowledge here that Grant Park has shitty cell reception specifically within the city. Niantic did absolutely no research, and furthermore, they didn't even rent any cell-boosting tower trucks.

It made hundreds of millions in its first week

>they didn't even rent any cell-boosting tower trucks
How fucking retarded do you have to be to not do something like that once you know how many people are going to attend

>so make sure to catch those last Pokemon
>WE FUCKING CAN'T

>can literally devote all his time to his daughter
>shitposting on twitter is more important :^)
Usually you get your life together after having kids. Some people just shouldn't have children.

Source me up on that image

>cell-boosting tower trucks
this isnt the year 2030 what are you talking about

It's 100 in Pokemon money or whatever the tuck not actual compensation

Read and learn grandpa
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picocell

rcrwireless.com/20160706/network-infrastructure/das-distributed-antenna-system-tag31-tag99
Welcome to about 20 years ago

>phoneposter

Cell boosters are totally a thing. The only problem is the only boost signal strength and not bandwidth. From what i can gather it was basically a DDOS of the cell towers from all the people clamoring to get online and not an issue of signal strength. What would have been needed is lots of wifi hotspots to piggyback off of to lessen the strain on cell towers.

But if the towers were strong enough the issue would have been the game servers themselves but i doubt that.

Now they're giving them free Loogies

theverge.com/2017/7/23/16016396/pokemon-go-fest-attendees-refund-legendary-lugia-articuno

Over 1 billion dollars in revenue in a report last week.

Is that a thing? How is it usually done in major sporting events like superbowl and olympics?

You know what, mad props to that speaker woman, who had to go out there and pretend like nothing was wrong and be completely enthusiastic about it MULTIPLE TIMES. That is not a job I envy.

I'd probably break down crying if I had to deal with that shit, so yeah props to the speakers.

She had water bottles thrown at her too. Not an easy job by any means.

What the heck are pokecoins for?

They also fully refunded everyones tickets and gave them some retarded pokemon go money for their game.

>read it as Pokemon Go Fast
Official Sonichu game?

microtransactions on pgo

It has grossed over A BILLION DOLLARS.

Niantic CEO is a hack and scammer. He deserves that. He could have used all that money to make the game better.

Does anyone have the webm of that manchild throwing a water bottle at the lady on stage and then missing?

t. shitter shattered 90s kid mad that his dumb phone game isn't supported properly

honestly, everyone in that crowd deserved the reaming they got, serves them right for devoting so much energy and money to a fucking phone game

>people pay money for tickets and for actually traveling to the place
>stand in queues for upwards of 10 hours
>when you finally get in it turns out you can't do anything of what you came there for
>people understandably pissed
>retarded faggots calling them "entitled manchildren"
kill yourselves you company-slurping numales

How long was the event? I've been to major conventions like Otakon and Otakon's line to pick up your badge and shit can take a few hours.

Holy shit
When is this game gonna crash definitively so that another dev can give a spin to this concept?
The idea is fucking cool but the execution is some of the most amateurish I've ever seen

Lately I wanted to start playing again, but this totally killed my interest, I thought at least they were over the server capacity problems and continuous crashes

I bet Meow could fit all of those sausages inside him

>playing this crap when the two reigning kings of mobage are in English (Granblue, Fate)

But why?

How did they fuck up Pokemon Go so badly? It's like having the gold egg laying goose, but you shoot it and eat it instead.

What a bunch of literal retards wasting time and money playing this shit. I bet none of these fucks play the games anymore and only play this shit out of some retarded sense of nostalgia.

>TFW Never fell for the Pokemon Go fad

>released with problems with logging in
>this was never fixed
>only the original 151
>you're gonna find pidgey and rattata and be pleased about it
>game crashes all the time, also never fixed
>removed tracking, pretty much the only thing that worked
>a year later, add Gen 2, the game is still littered with bugs
>organise GOFest
>turns out if you gather thousands of people together in a place with shitty internet and ask them all to log in to a game they can't log in to at the best of times, they won't be able to log in
>give everyone who attended Lugia without a fight, the reason they all came
>can't even put Lugia on a Gym
>people who didn't attend can find Lugia, but it can flee
>at the rate things are going, it will be 2024 or later before Gen 7, the most recent Gen

the moment the water bottle bounced off her head and she collapsed into a seizure was the most based moment in history

>have to refund everyone's ticket
>plus give them each $100
>x 20,000 people

So is Niantic now bankrupt? They took a huge loss on this event.

>>plus give them each $100
$100 in Microtransaction money, it's literally changing one line of code for them

Are these angry normalfags, angry Nintendo enthusiasts or a mishmash of both? I can't comprehend why people are SO MAD about not being able to play some fucking F2P mobileshit.

>Be given the biggest multi-media franchise in the world to make money with
>Fuck it up somehow
This is the most outstanding thing for me
It's like you are given money for just living and then you go and kill yourself

>I can't comprehend why people are SO MAD about not being able to play some fucking F2P mobileshit.
How about you read the thread and realize how much of a fucking mess the whole thing is? You'd have to be fucking Buddha to not get upset at what happened

>people actually spent their days off, rented lodging, drove or flew to this event

She must hate neckbeards more than anyone on Sup Forums.

i'll respond to OP and post worst events than this

Sonic anniversary party
youtube.com/watch?v=Uipt68Tghl8

Dashcon
youtube.com/watch?v=ctrpmv92G-I

also reminder those one nobody did get refunds.

A good bunch must have bought tickets from scalpers too. Imagine paying 300 for a ticket that should have been 20 and then having this happen. I don't care at all about Go but I can easily sympathize with those people, I'd be furious too.

I live 5 minutes away, wish I would've stopped by to heckle

Alright so retards spent money to play F2P mobileshit in some Chicago park event and couldn't play in the end. I still don't feel sympathetic to them.

Smelly dumb frogposting scum.

Dash Con that is