Hollow knight thread

Ideal 2D Soulsborne.

>tfw you live in the same city as the devs.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

hornet a shit seer best girl

I pirated it. Its an ok game.

I guess I will will buy it when the other two characters are out

>gif
>2D Soulsborne.
I love the game, but kill your self.

Pirated during shill threads, bought during Steam Sale. Just about to reinstall for a second runthrough and maybe do the CoF.

This been fixed yet?

I like the game for the gameplay and visuals, but I seriously couldn't give less of a shit about the story. The second time I encountered Hornet she said something that made it seem like I had come across some plot-important revelation already, but I couldn't remember anything that any of the characters had done or said beforehand. Should have just stuck with the characters saying things on personal levels (like all the shopkeepers) than try to force some Soulsborne-flavored cryptic riddle bullshit in everything else.

beating Trial of Fools and Radiance took years off my life, and then I find out I'm still missing 1% somehow. what the fuck could it be? I have every charm, charm notch, mask/soul upgrade, 2608 essence etc

>actually struggling with anything in this game

took me 4-5 tries to beat them, which is almost too much difficulty for me. I'm used to nintendo games

maybe a spirit trees?
maybe a ghost boss?

>tfw you like this game and you play it and it's fun
feels good

do you have the abyss shriek, or all the black magic?

>wow people have different skill levels
>fuck them

I would rather literally kill myself than be bad at video games

i fucking loved this game. every second of it.

i've played all the 2D metroid games but I hear Castlevania is like this too? Any recommendations regarding going through those?

also how is the new castlevania anime?

I would rather literally kill myself than care this much about vidya.

shit that's it, I'm missing a spell upgrade. I completely forgot to use the elegant key like 20 hours ago

yeah okay but what the absolute fuck does the mushroom ending mean

NEW CYCLE

Symphony of the Night
then play whatever game you want.

great game so far.

>Soulsborne
never played these, but HK doesn't seem that hard. but then again i don't know how far i am.

Yeah but neither are Soulsbornes.

>Ideal
>Enemies try to walk into you instead of attacking
>Damage on contact instead of on attack
Lol, nope.

For me HK was just as challenging as souls games.
It starts quite easy, but once you get to the mantis enemies it does increase in difficulty.

>i played 30 minutes of the game and think my opinion means anything.

Damage on contact is fundamentally flawed and lazy game design.

>soulbourne
Literally nothing like a soulsbourne. I like Hollow Knight, but a 2D Soulsbourne would be more like Momodora IV.

>lazy
it actually requires more work than not having it.

literally git gud

shitter

You really should. No need to hide behind vidya, just do it.

Hollow Knight isn't fun to replay. It's too linear, there are way too many roadblocks in the game with abilities and items that you absolutely must have to progress. I can't be bothered to finish a steel hardcore run or whatever they call it since I'm bored to tears going through the game the exact same way as I did the first playthrough.

The game would've been much much better had you been given the freedom to tackle areas out of order.

Fuck off shill1

user this is the standard Hollow Knight bait thread.

nigga watch a speedrun

You have some problem mate.

Is this game really as visually repetitive and boring as the screenshots indicate? They all look the fucking same.

I want to know this also. The art style really turns me off . This is why I couldn't get into the Isaac games either. Wish this style would die already. Is there a name for this art style?

Please, don't compare Hollow Knight with any Souls game. Hollow Knight is a good game.

other than the beginning of:
Crossroads > Failed Knight* >Greenpath > Hornet
everything you do after this can vary greatly, and this start can be done in literally 30 minutes if you don't bother doing side stuff

*(actually killing him is optional, but you need to start the fight, so skipping is actually just for speed run)

Flash.

PC port unusable
Dropped right there

Aria of Sorrow for the GBA is great game to start from and still holds up today.
Symphony of the night is considered to be flagship title in the series and has been a starting place for many.
After trying either or both of those, the trio of games on the DS are an excellent place to delve into next.

The Netflix show seems to be rather divisive amongst fans, I found it to be enjoyable and would recommend it, but see for yourself.

I got this game for my birthday a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't enjoyed exploring in a video game in awhile now, and this world is fucking huge.
Some of the characters are cute as fuck too

>pc port

It's not a 2D souls game. The way it tells the story and lore is very souls like, but that's pretty much it. Salt and sanctuary can be called 2D souls, but not this.

I didn't find it repetitive, but I also liked the art style.

>tfw she cucks you

The game uses dark palettes in every place, since everything is in the underground. But no world is the same as the others, they're distinct enough to recognize where are you

vengeful spirit -> mothwing cloak -> mantis claw is pretty much hardcoded even in a speedrun

cute as a bug

If the screenshots on the steam page don't do it for you, then sorry. They show all the best areas. That said, I think too many people are confusing muted colors + fog filter for homogenous design when only a few areas have the same theme.

and less work than proper attack animations

>Soulsborne

But...they do?

Cool but what about the other 85% of the game

But every actual enemy in this game has an attack animation you mongoloid.

have proper attack animations, that is.

Thanks, Yeah I cant stand that style. something has always seemed off to me about it like it makes it not feel like a game in a bad way.

I've died many more times to bosses casually walking/jumping near me than their attacks.

Makes it feel that much more frustrating than dying to the actual attack, since youa ctually avoided it but the game chose a random movement for the enemy that just casually collides with you.

>like it makes it not feel like a game
Nigger I can understand not liking a style but this makes no sense.

git gud desu senpai

>failed champion
I've been able to handle the other bosses fine, except for the second fight with that crystal laser shooting bastard, but this guy is consistently destroying me.

what is for you "proper attack animations"? Because there are enemies who shield-block you, even when you jump and attack them from above. There're enemies who attack you only when you're in places where you can't jump escape and they attack you after they block your attacks. There are enemies who are hidden and only attack when you're in a really bad position

As far as I remember, only the enemies in the first, and maybe the second, area don't go frenzy when you're near

if you want easy mode, make him jump from one wall to another

Tell me more. Because I am tired of getting butt clobbered. I've upgraded my nail twice before going back to trying to fight this son of a bitch again and I'm still getting ruined

Run to one of the gates on either side of the arena. Wait there until he inevitably jumps toward you. Dash below him while he is jumping, hit him once or twice when he lands, and quickly run to the other gate in the arena. Repeat until it's dead.

You can use fragile charms because they do not break in dreams.

To me, an attack animation is an animations which displays an attack.

I'll try this after getting some rest, wish me luck.

You're unironically mentally ill.

>this game doesn't have attack animations!
>yes it does
>ok i was lying but they're too hard for me! :(

if you're aren't near, he'll run towards you, jump and attack you. If I remember correctly, he doesn't attack behind his back, so you can attack him once or twice before backing up, run to the other side of the room, and do the same

what this user said

Just equip blue health, quick slash and longer hit iframe and spam.
He'll die before you.

WARNING THIS IS A SHILL THREAD

Trial of Fools is fucking hard, any tips or charms you guys recommend?

It makes sense its just hard to describe. It seems cheap and like a mobile game in appearance. That's how I would describe it.

finished the trial of the fools and still can't beat radiance
fuck her and that stupid white palace

Kill yourself.

He was wrecking me too until I tried this method. It was almost too easy this way. Joni's Blessing also helps if you still get hit (you won't be healing much anyway because the only time you can get soul from him is when his maggot head is exposed).

>he fell for the lamulana-fag false flag

Thanks for the warning man.

Well cheap is kinda different from "not a game".

It looks like a newgrounds ''''''game'''''

Kill yourself with your pathethic damage control.

Git gud.

Carve out your charm niche so you've got a set-up that works for you. Do NOT try to cheese it, you'll ruin the fun and stunt yourself.
Look up Hungry Knight.

>mfw I best the game in 4 hours but needed cheats

Tha's really sad, I spent 1 hour for the watchers. Btw can you have a save backup? I don't want to do everything 100 times just because of shitty trials of fools

it looks pasted. Its like watching a video reenactment of a game.

So what was your favorite area? I loved city of tears and queens garden.

Look up how to tie a noose.

it's literally just git gud desu.
But here are the ones I was using when I won
>Quick Focus
>Deep Focus
>Nailmaster's Glory
>Soul Catcher

Thicc

City of Tears. I loved backtracking through that area every time. The atmosphere of that place is amazing, especially since I love the sound of rain. That area was made for me.

Kill yourself.

Remember that, if you hit the enemies from above, the jump and dash reset. You can use that to escape hard spots

>Quick Focus, Defender's Crest, Spore Shroom, Shape of Unn
>tfw you're a heal-farting slug of doom

I refuse.

>implying that wasn't lamulanafag himself going nuclear when he saw that people were unironically discussing video games in his bait thread

>>Nailmaster's Glory
for what purpose