I'm not even trolling I swear, this is a legit question

I'm not even trolling I swear, this is a legit question.
Is there any reason for consoles to exist in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/guide/tXNnTW/entry-level-gaming-build
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not really. unless you count Nintendo stuff. At least they try to be something other than an underpowered PC with none of the functionality of a PC

You can't build a PC as powerful as an Xbox One X at the same price

Accessibility and affordability. Plus the number of devs who can make games that perform adequately at max pc specs is so low that high res/framerate games are basically a non-issue.

PS4 has some cool exclusives, so if you aren't a poorfag or a retarded loyalist, you should get one.

>picture with some words on it
Give some specs and a price list, if that does only cost 250 bucks that's great

You can't buy an xbox one x. Not yet.

Yeah, I think Nintendo's got the right idea.
Shame people just want more underpowered PCs.

>All those LEDs
That is fucking disgusting.
Why do brainlets do this?

you're right, but you'd still be trapped in the xbox ecosystem, much better to spend a little more on a PC and have freedom

but you also cant shitpost from an xbox one x

*Exclusives
* also on PC

Casuals love consoles. And honestly my Sony consoles have been pretty great for all the JRPGs I play.

Yeah but an xbox doesn't do what a PC can though, and PCs are kind of a required thing to own these days.

>freedom
Yeah, it's great how you have so many other viable options besides steam

It's called the bonx

>PCs are kind of a required thing to own these days
No they aren't, unless you're implying a smartphone is a PC.

Exclusives and money.

Debatable: space. A console just takes less space than a tower, a monitor, a mouse+keyboard, a desk and a chair.

I don't get it either. But I've bought the case with 4 LED fans because it was going with mad discount.
So yeah

>all those LEDs
Gross, and I doubt that was built for $200

Dude why the do you need to have this stupid console vs pc argument every blessed day for christ sake. Just talk about the games and not the platforms of choice. I personally love console because of the ease of use , comfy netflix and plug and play. I also love my game cases and dig looking spines of the cases.

it ends up being the same cost or cheaper if you count in all the costs.

The hardware price just isn't subsidized by other purchases.

This also means you can do whatever you want with the hardware. All my old gaming computers turn into business computers eventually.

yeah you're right. we should all pay M$ to play our games online, fuck the PC.

Totally, man. Looking at plastic is so enjoyable.

>single focus api
>9 out of 10 games will function perfectly fine even if they look like shit
>plug in and play makes it easy for normies to wrap their heads around

Not sure if this is being seriously debated still. Consoles have a place but PCs are still the powerhouse.

How long will it take for xbox one x to be out of date hardware wise?

>unless you're implying a smartphone is a PC

well...

im not at a point in my life where I can set aside that big of a space and maintain a desktop. Playing Xbox while sitting on my couch is much more convenient and cheaper and I can still play the games I like. I can shitpost from my phone or my laptop so I'm not worried about it

There are more things than Facebook and Twitter phone fag, kys

> 2 nintendo handhelds
> onlu 9 games

Looking at electrons is far better :^)

If you are going to compare Xbox live to Steam, then yeah, Steam is by far the better option.

I don't have any idea how you pulled that from my post, do you not know about apps?

you can hook your computer to a tv and then buy an air mouse to control it.
Then connect whatever controllers you want to it.
Or just use a steam controller to control the whole damn thing. I do that a lot on my dedicated TV computer.

Considering the games themselves are electronic, yeah. The game is what matters. The plastic shouldn't exist. It's trash.

Not dead player bases and no script kids.

Also not being an after-thought in the gaming industry.

Shit you stole my PC. Looks 95% like that. I disabled the lights cause fuck that randomness.

>Convenient when starting up a game
>Exclusives off the bat and legal
>Functionality (at least for Nintendo consoles)
>Doesn't require you to build the console itself to get it at the same prices
>Community isn't filled with fedora tipping nerd virgins from r/masterrace that do nothing all day but talk about graphics cards and fight over which one is the best, bitch about the quality of games they pirated, or subvert developers's attention to game in games for 6969 fps 420k games with 6 gorrilian tris on the main character's thumb

he's saying phones are shit for actual work because the interface is shit.
He's correct, by the way.
The correct way to use a phone for work is to hook up a bunch of sensory equipment and use it as a tricorder for gathering data if your job requires that somehow. Everyone just uses their phones like faggoty social media simulators though.

Tick tock PC fags, we're about to start keeping all of our games again!

>The plastic shouldn't exist. It's trash.
Fucking millennials.

You say this as if it's some sort of new phenomenon.

You can never build a PC of equivalent specs of a console for the same price at launch. You couldn't build a N64-equivalent PC in 1996 for $200. You couldn't build an OG Xbox-equivalent PC in 2001 for $300. You couldn't build a PS3-equivalent PC in 2006 for $600. This is nothing new.

they will always have a place I think. Owning a pc is much better though due to the fact that emulation exists. ps3 emulation is doing really well.

>implying the console communities are any better

They're all shit, user.

>>Convenient when starting up a game and when playing with other games as not every PC build can run every game*

It's called having some taste. Lining up boxes you purchased is autistic. Nobody gives a fuck about them.

Consoles are really popular among college students because it's much easier to move around an Xbox than a desktop and doesn't take as much space. Also it's much more accessible for casual gaming and gaming with friends/roommates.

Consoles are getting pretty good at branching out too, it's online capabilities are still obviously not as good as PC but most streaming/vod services have decent apps that can be used easily.

Sauce user?

Xbots are only quoting what phil spencer says. they have no opinion or thought process of their own.

Nintendo actually got something right with their voice system. You can play Spla2n, talk to squids, and shitpost on Sup Forums. Truly ahead of the times.

the PC community is better in general except for Containment Communities, like CS:GO and DOTA which were obviously always meant to contain and farm faggots for all their money.

Something called Vivid Strike.

LEDs are good for checking how much dust is inside it

mATX cases are a thing and some of them are the size of a console or just slightly bigger.

Grow up. Just because mommy won't buy you anything outside of the Steam Summer Sale, doesn't make owning physical media "autistic".

Enjoy your DRM.

yea but that's a choice that you have to think about.
it's not just a Product that all your buddies are purchasing.

Can someone answer me, what parts is that rig using that it matches or exceeds a console and only costs 250 bucks

I can't buy physical copies of my games with the game on the actual discs on PC. Thats the only reason I bought a PS4.
No one should ever pay for a digital "copy"

>oh hey what games do you have for the PS4
Let me guess, you turn your system on everytime someone asks? How fucking stupid.

Owning physical media is benign. Propping up your digital data receptacles onto a shelf for all to behold is autistic as fuck. Do you see me pinning all of my used condom wrappers on my wall? You see me stacking up all of my toilet paper rolls into a pyramid?

If all you are playing is CoD or the annual edition of whatever sports game you like, you are better off getting a console anyway.

>Let me guess, you turn your system on everytime someone asks?
Nobody asks because nobody gives a shit.

What's a good future proof CPU?

i5? i7 sounds like overkill

PC has no real games. All it has is early access survival indie games developed by trannies. They also get shitty ports.

Sorry you don't have any friends who share the same hobby as you then.

Don't use the term future proof if you don't know what it means.

Ryzen 1600.

they had it coming anyway

>you turn your system on everytime

You turn your system off?

Do you guy even like games anymore or do you just prefere to bitch and complain about people's platforms of choice. This is honestly getting quite sad.

Collecting garbage? No I don't have any friends that are into that.

This. My ps4 stays either always on, or in sleep mode. There's literally no need to ever turn it off.

Yes. It works as a money making scheme, and that's all reason which you need.

Oh get off it. You know what I mean.

>good future proof CPU
i7 7700k is the best CPU for gaming purposes.

But Ryzen 5 1600 is currently the best CPU all around by price\performance. I have it and it's ridiculously good for 200 bucks.

>benign
Think you meant inane, as "benign" contradicts your earlier statement about owning physical media being autistic. More proof you're a thumb-sucking little kid.

>Do you see me pinning all of my used condom wrappers on my wall?
No because they'd need to have seen use first.

>You see me stacking up all of my toilet paper rolls into a pyramid?
Now we're in total false equivalency territory.

Of course. When you have 2 of the most powerful consoles and the single greatest computer known to man you can't run it 24/7. The electric company can't keep up with all the power and the city starts having blackouts.

It's called being a good neighbor.

I don't. Because you're being fucking lazy and refuse to express yourself clearly.

Fucking millennials giving their money to some game publishers and literally getting nothing in return, that is what happens when you buy a digital "copy".

Japanese games

I never said owning physical media is autistic. I said displaying your fucking boxes was autistic. Go through the thread again and read, illiterate cretin.

Molded plastic.

Alphabetize your library you fucking faggot.

No plastic to be found in my big box PC games corporate cocksucking dummy.

Thin cardboard.

>unless you're implying a smartphone is a PC
Well, they are technically speaking.
It's got memory, storage, a CPU... it's a PC.

Console
>put disc in
>play game

PC
>buy multiple parts that cost $1000 for a decent build
>have to manually put together all the components
>keyboard is uncomfortable and confusing since 95% of the buttons have no input on the game
>you have to replace all your parts every 1.5 years as the graphics cards become worse over time and run worse
>have to install a video game license rental service like Steam
>have to play $60 for recently released games but have no benefits as physical copy
>there are constant updates for games slowing down the chance of playing the game
>games constantly crash and run into compatibility problems
>Nvidia gimps their cards with Gameworks to make you buy their newer hardware
>try to play some indie games but most are uninspired rip offs of older SNES games I played
>try a early access to literally alpha test a game with barely any content and runs poorly
>can't let my friends borrow my games without jumping though huge obsoletes and even then we can't play each others games if the other is playing a different game at the time
>try to play older games from my childhood on N64 and PS2 emulators
>try to plug in my controller to use for more comfortablility but it requires multiple drivers and constantly rebind the controls every time I switch games
>download emulator for them but they take a while to get the right settings and even then the games run poorly and are missing textures and other graphical glitches
>try to play older PC I heard from others but the run into compatibility problems and constantly crashes when tried to play
>try to play a fun looking multiplayer game but the game is filled with hackers and childern and young teens constantly spouting memes
>try to play split screen with my friends but hardly any games supports split screen and is a hassle to set up
>start playing less and less and go on Sup Forums and shitpost more about games even ones I never even played

What is the point of PC gaming?

All consoles are PCs. Not all PCs are consoles.

>this entire thread
>pcpartpicker.com/guide/tXNnTW/entry-level-gaming-build
It goes down to $450 depending on the time of day and when newegg/amazon restock.

I think you need to go back to r/eddit

Yes you could everything thing you say is a lie, I paid 550 total for EVERYTHING for my 1070 and I7 2600 though I doubt your dumb ass barely knows anything about computers so i wont tell you the rest of the specs scrub

I think you need to stop asking stupid questions.

actually owning physical media is fucking autistic, you retard.
it's 2017, physically owning something is literally a waste of space when digital is a thing. you're as bad as these retards trying to justify owning something with no practicality when there's an objectively superior option.

>>download emulator for them but they take a while to get the right settings and even then the games run poorly and are missing textures and other graphical glitches

lol what? unless your playing on one of the relatively new emulators that should not be a problem. at all.

>trying this hard

No

>I said displaying your fucking boxes was autistic.
How is it any different than having books, movie cases, or pretty much anything else on display? If anything getting so worked up about how other people keep their things seems more autistic.

Either way lets you play the game. Playing the game is the point. Nothing else matters. Putting your garbage on display is shameful and tasteless. Nowhere does this look appealing to anyone.

>this massively triggered

Seriously, go back.

ryzen 7

>other people waste their space and make their place look like a gutter
>why are you making me feel self conscious about this?!?

Parents never taught you how to put your toys away.

>actually being able to hold and sell something is autistic

Wew, enjoy your worthless bytes fag