Did Sonic finally beat Mario?

Did Sonic finally beat Mario?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qb7VhfZcA7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sonic couldn't even beat Crash.

It took awhile but yes, this will be the first every big Mario flop.

>mfw mario gets a better planet wisp than sowho

Sonic has a long way to fall to beat Mario. We're talking about generations of degrading before the formula can actually -top- Super Mario. It's just too complex a platformer for people to consider it better.

Even assuming you're right (and you aren't), that doesn't cancel the previous 20 years of Sonic failing harder than Mario.

Crash is better than Mario tho

I refuse to believe anyone has actually read Homestuck

Both games look pretty great, it's only the Crash remake that was kind of fucked.

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

>even
>implying Mario is better then Crash

Making lots of shitty games with their mascot even today?

>le Shanic Afenture was shit meme

Sonic's retro throwback is better than Mario's retro throwbacks. So...yes, I suppose in a sense he did.

> couldn't even

Crash is above Mario, nigger.

Not the same user, but they weren't complete shit. It's only that Sega should have just focused on 1 (one) gameplay style, which would be sonic and shadow. If they wanted to implement other characters, then they should've gone the classic route and just give them little quirks that doesn't completely change the core gameplay.

Why do people still get excited for Sonic games?

>Crash Bandicoot

You want to talk about a series that was ACTUALLY never good? That one.

That, and Spyro. Mediocre PS1 garbage.

Hope. Sometimes it's worth it, but Sonic's fans are all raging autists who Sega cater to.

Then remain in denial

Still getting them all.

Mulitple people holding the same wrong opinion doesn't make it right.

Because it's actually being made by someone with a proven track record, and it looks good.

after 20 years you kinda get used to shit and just hope for the best.

Honestly, I don't disagree. SEGA was broadening Sonic the Hedgehog into a 3D Environment, and the game would have fared better if they tried to expand their previous environments for Sonic himself. Gimmicks like Gem Hunting, Fishing and Mechs are astray from Sonic being the initial platformer it was.
Sonic Adventure was far from a horrible game, though. Adventure 2 was even further from being Sonic, but not complete shit.
Though, any past failures won't affect Mania. In that matter, Sonic Mania probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for any of those failures. Only happiness can ensue from Sonic Mania, and any past horrible games won't greatly affect said game.

SA2 is shit, I don't get why people praise it so highly since most of it is worse than SA1 barring some speed stages, more reliable light speed shoes, and bound bracelet.

Mania will be good, but ultimately it's just a side game made by third party workers. Forces, the actual game being made by Sonic Team, is looking to be mediocre as fuck at best, and there's no guarantee Sega will follow through with Mania after its release or realize that people simply want better Sonic games. We could simply have a situation where Sega decides to make another 2D game, except it plays like Classic Sonic in Generations and Forces with Lost World-style graphics, then when it inevitably bombs they blame the fans.

But both of these games look good? That being said, comparing a 2D platformer to a 3D platformer is a little unfair. Maybe if you were using Sonic Forces...

Mario was never good.

It is bad though. People who liked it as a kid have replayed it and hated it

Aren't you supposed to be at least 18 to post on Sup Forums?

Which people? The few you know or the 3 million DreamCast players?

>That one mad Mario autist who wont stop posting ITT

I wouldn't say never, but it's certainly been ages since the last good Mario platformer. It's been THE phoned-in franchise of the last decade, outside of CoD.

I stopped to care about mario when the turtles started to walk like people.

Crash was never good.

NSMB>Sonic4

Sonic was never bad

>mfw Sonic Mania and Mario Odyssey are both literally exactly what I've dreamed of from their respective franchises for the past decade

i've a switch but i bought xbox1 just to play banjo kazooie

I'm getting both but Mario is obviously going to be more popular.

Crash is pretty good though, miles ahead of mario

do you dream of mario 06

You didn't like 3D World? That was a lot of fun with friends. Not a masterpiece, but I honestly haven't had fun like that in a game in a long time.

Sonic Adventure 1 was fun but heavily flawed. SA2 is fucking awful though, even the Sonic stages, the only parts anybody likes which make up like 1/8th of the game are overrated and not nearly as good as SA1's sonic stages. Tails/Eggman feel way fucking worse than Gamma and Knuckles/Rouge are WAY worse than in SA1 due to shittier stage design, shittier camera, and the fucking radar only detecting one emerald at a time.

Mario Galaxy does seem a bit overrated. I own both 1 and 2 but I have 0 desire to replay them and they both seemed like alright games, but nothing really above a 8/10.

Most Nintendo franchises seem to do this though. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword are all games ranging from good to bad, but most Nintendo fans think they're 10/10 games.

>mfw Crash beat both

Crash? Get outta my Sonic thread you fucking PS1 babbies. And take your shitty bandicoot with you.

>everyone posting the meh-looking forest world to shit on Odyssey
>when the rest of the game looks fantastic

ahh, the good old delusion.

No, I dream of a new open-exploration Mario game with 64 movement. The weird hat gimmick is icing on the cake.

This isn't the 90s anymore, they're not competing. Hell, Mania and Odyssey are hardly even in the same genre, literally the only thing they have in common is a jump button.
Sonic Mania looks amazing and Mario Odyssey does too. I'm happy that both fanbases have finally got good games going for them. Why is it necessary to pit them against each other?

will the mario game have fps lags like the moblin zelda lags?

What the fuck am I reading?

Sonic Adventure 2 is ten fucking years old. How the fuck is it going to be flawless?

>Sonic Mania is a come-back to the era of original Sonic the Hedgehog games.
>Super Mario Odyssey brings back a gameplay style that hasn't been seen since 2002, or 2004 counting Super Mario 64 DS.
>Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy brings back a trilogy of games that was last released almost 19 years ago.
>Blaster Master Zero is a new Blaster Master title after 7+ years.
I'm loving this year of gaming so far! Platformers are really coming back in style.
Yooka-Layle wasn't as good as expected but hot damn if i'm not having a good time.

>Playing the Sonic Adventure games for anything but the Chao Garden

Probably not, since it's not a rushed port of a Wii U game.

FUCKING THIS
It's just the same tiring boring rehash every single time. Say anything bad abut it and it's rabid fanbase will come out autistcally raging why you're wrong.

Stop enjoying things.

>Crash is back in the console wars
feels good

i hope so, i alrdy bought nintendosheckels for it

>Why is it necessary to pit them against each other?
Your reaction image says it all, Sup Forums will pit fanbases against each other even if they get good games, it's not like Sup Forums is gonna play them or any video game for that matter, they're just normies here to shitpost.

So, you got a new game you wanna discuss or something?

> Crash get added into Smash Switch because of N Sane Trilogy
>You can finally fight between Mario, Sonic and Crash

I think Mario, Sonic and Crash are all pretty cool and all three star in some pretty cool games.

Mario already perfected 2d with mario maker

>bringing up Yooka-Layle

I'm sure Crash, Mario, and Sonic will all be better than that game.

No, Sonic loses popularity long ago

I played both at SDCC and I can tell you Sonic Mania is genuinely more fun. Mario is very strange and uncanny, it feels a lot like Sonic Adventure in all the wrong ways. Nintendo definitely jumped the shark with this one.

Pic semi related, it's Symmetra's ass for proof I was there. I couldn't take pics and play each game

you dreamed of a boring walk in the park with Mario?

>Yooka-Layle wasn't as good as expected
That's a massive understatement.

How does that excuse any of it's faults? The level design is for most of the time really bad, the controls are fucking awful and worse than SA1 and the OST is a step down. What the hell does this have to do with age?

>it feels a lot like Sonic Adventure in all the wrong ways
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb7VhfZcA7g
Weird. It looks good.

I played both too and you are wrong.

They have to make remakes to be able to sell
HAHAHAHH
Why not create new games?
THE KING OF PLATFORM GAMES IS ON THE WAY!

God....
You shills are out in full force....

A short demo is obviously going to favour a level based game over an exploration based one.

but the only game that really applies to is 06 and maybe Unleashed.

If you own a Switch and you're not excited for both games, you need to have your head examined.

>tfw there have been more good sonic games in the past 10 years than
>Zelda
>Final Fantasy
Those were two of my favorite series too. I just think its easier to have hope for Sonic

B-b-but Crash

What did you think of each, then? You think I'm wrong about Mario or Sonic or both?

I don't know user, you tell me.

Who cares ? Sonic will also be in the Switch
The rivalry ended long ago

>Ten years
>The only good Zelda games we've gotten were ALBW, HW if you count spin-offs and BotW

I want to go back.

It's the truth. I haven't seen one classic sonic fan that isn't extremely hyped for Mania

That's a valid point, and if they showcase some more exotic locations later it could turn out pretty good. Like you say, I only had a demo with limited time to play.

Another Symmetra creep shot. Sorry for the blur.

There are older games that are nearly flawless. I fucking already said in my post multiple things SA2 did awfully for it's time you retarded namefag.
>tails/eggman are literally just gamma but with way shittier gameplay
>knuckles/rouge have obnoxious level design, abhorrent camera, and the radar only detects one emerald at a time unlike SA1
>sonic stages are worse than in SA1, shadow stages are garbage
>cannot play stages in the order you want unlike SA1
SA2 fanboys have to be the most delusional faggots alive

I'm a longtime Sonic fan. Loved Sonic back in the mid 90's. Watched the cartoons. Read the comics. Drew fan art, long before it was a "thing" on the internet. I AM looking forward to Sonic Mania, but I don't know if I'd call my feelings "hype". I loved those original Sonic games but I have been burned so, so, so many times by this franchise by this point that it's very hard for me to muster up any real enthusiasm for it. Still looking forward to Mania of course, but I'm still cautious.

>The most popular video game icon in the world
>Never good
At a certain point user, wouldn't it just be easier to say YOU never thought Mario was good?

>I have been burned so, so, so many times by this franchise
By Sonic Team / Dimps I assume? This game is being made by Sonic Retro guys who dedicate their life to Sonic. I think it's safe to say they know what they're doing. I'm not telling you to get hyped, but I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not exactly hyped, but I am optimistic.

how do we get something like this to happen for other games that have fallen from grace?

so what's up with the whole Kim thing

I would be hyped if it didn't do the opposite of the one thing Sega and Sonic Team has done right regarding the franchise in the past two decades, which is nearly pretend Sonic CD didn't exist.

She's a squirrel now, obviously.

What the...

...is this...the anime girl???