Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

>FFDream: Are there any plans to port Star Ocean 5 to PC?

>Kobayashi: “Since the game is full of action, I wonder the ideal commands for PC might be… What’s the best way to play it, in your opinion?”

>FFWorld: “With a game pad?”

>Kobayashi: “Are people used to playing on PC with a game pad in Europe?”

>FFWorld and FFDream: “Yes.”

>Kobayashi: “I see. So if you have a game pad, you can play it without problems, but I wonder how those who don’t have one would play. That’s our main concern and why we’ve pushed to release a PC version later on, so that we could reflect on the controls for players without a game pad. The ASKA engine, which tri-Ace used to develop Star Ocean 5, allows us to easily bring the game to PC, so if we can find a solution to our problem with the controls on PC, porting it should be easy enough for us, although I can’t promise that it would be fast.”

So where's the PC port, Square Enix?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/star-ocean-till-the-end-of-time/cid=UP0082-CUSA04778_00-SLUS204880000001
youtube.com/watch?v=0zmnUi5NzTc
youtube.com/watch?v=6cuXgRVMvZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would anyone request a game that flopped on consoles? Why would anyone pay Neo-Valve's $49.99 on a game that sells for $19.99 on PS4?

This probably legitimately my most regretted vidya purchase in the last 5 years. It hurts even more because I actively shilled it like fuck prior to release saying it would save JRPGs and probably convinced several people to waste their money and buy it. I'm sorry.

Why would you want it? It sucks ass. and i mean major ass.
Best part is the battle system and i only liked that because you could use the battle themes from Valkyrie profile 1 and 2.

The game is awful, unfinished and flopped terribly, PC port won't ever happen. It doesn't have cult following either due to being pure unfinished trash.
It's not gonna happen user, move on since it's awful.
There hasn't been a good SO since SO2.

user, even if starved for games, you shouldn't try this one, its REALLY bad.

Why is Till The End of Time the best one?

move over. superior star ocean game coming through

this one better get a port because trying to emulate it has too many slowdown issues to really be enjoyable

Bait.

2 > 1 > Power Gap > 3 > Power Gap > 4 > Power Gap > Power Gap > Power Gap > Infinity Itself > 5

All is forgiven, my son.

This was a terrible Star Ocean game but I got it for like 15 bucks and put probably 40 hours into beating it so it was worth it for me. Item synthesis was as fun as always to make ridiculous OP shit at the end of the game.

SO5 drinking game
1 shot for every time the loli gets kidnapped or put in some sort of danger.
You will be dead.

>this one better get a port because trying to emulate it has too many slowdown issues to really be enjoyable
Get a better PC retard.
Also PS4 version isn't even a port, it's literally emulation.
All the "PS2 Classics" line games are just emulation.
1x Resolution emulation on PS3, 2x Resolution on PS4.

I enjoyed 5 more than 4. It feels like a dumbed down 3, but I'll take that over whatever the fuck 4 did.

Worth $20?

Which version of 4 did you play? Cause if you played the awful X360 one, I can understand that.
PS3 version fixed quite a bit of problems, but the art style and story obviously can't be salvaged.

I feel like SO2 is really the only good game in the series.

Not even worth 1$ user, you should only play it if it's the last "big" videogame in the world you haven't played yet.

I'm curious on how much it cost to make this game.
Maybe even I can do better.

Nah. There are probably JRPGs you could up from 15+ years ago you haven't played. It's just really bad to mediocre. I mean, unless you really want that titillation.

Didnt the game bomb already both financially and reception wise
I wonder why they've yet to port it to PC if only for quick and easy cash

I played the PS3 version. Strangely enough, I hated the combat the most. Combat felt sluggish, as if the game wouldn't respond to my inputs very well. Hits had no feedback, it always felt like you were fighting a pile of dough. Attacks didn't seem to chain into each other nearly as well. I won't say I loved 5, those huge battles are a clusterfuck and it was lame that they mostly straight ripped movesets from SO3 characters, but at least I felt like I was in control and the attacks were snappy.

What's so bad about it?

SO2 can't exist without SO1, being a direct sequel and whatnot.
It's the other games that have no right to exist since they were never planned.
The games literally were conceived as just SO1 and SO2 when originally created and anything beyond that is basically Square Enix making cheap cash-ins.

It's literally pre-alpha product in every sense of the word.

I don't know why 4 gets so much shit honestly. It's the only game in the series that really blends the sci-fi elements and has you actively flying around and jumping between planets instead of just marooning you on generic fantasy planet for 95% of the game like the others. The battle system isn't bad either, though like the others it suffers from getting too spammy later on.

EDGE MAVERICK and the loli were kind of annoying I guess, but the rest of the cast was ok. Plot wasn't that bad from what I remember either.

So is it glitchy, abrupt ending, etc.? How so, user? Just curious.

A lot of people skipped the improved PS3 version. But honestly, it's just jacked up anime shit with decent combat.

Yes, all that, story is unfinished, bugs everywhere, performance is ABYSMAL (almost as bad as that leaked pre-alpha of original Battlefront 3 for X360), it's basically terrible. It's unsalvageable.

>this one better get a port because trying to emulate it has too many slowdown issues to really be enjoyable
Actually started playing it recently, and I get this fucking massive slowdown after exiting most battles that lasts for a few seconds before going right back to normal.
It's fucking baffling and there's no real visuals onscreen to blame it on, so I have no idea what to do to fix it.

the ps3 gave you animu portraits and very small extra content don't kid yourself.

Hilariously short for a JRPG
Literally ONE single planet the entire game
Combat is simplified trash
No limit on party members meaning the entire party can fight at once thus making all battles literal baby mode
Awful AI
To name a few
It's even worse because the developers themselves said it would be their apology and a return to the greatness of the SO series

Yeah, I know the game is bad. Btw, I never played the game.

Dunno why, I'm just curious to play the game.

I remember some people said this game will be "Tales of" killer or something (because Tales of Zestiria is so bad), but the game apparently turned out to be worse than Zestiria.

Even if they actually ported the game, I probably wait for holidays sales/discount/whatever or pirate it

>Better lighting
>Better textures
>Dual Audio
>Portraits
>One disc
>Drastically reduced loading times
>Extra content
>Reimi changes
>MANUAL FUCKING TARGETTING
>Redone crafting
>New items/treasure chests
>Skills rebalanced and tweaked
>Bugs fixed

user pls don't shitpost.

>save the JRPG genre
>When Xenoblade Chronicles already did it back in 2010/2012

Remember that the most POWERFUL CONSOLE PS4 can't allow gamers to play PS2 discs. Remember that Star Ocean PS2 on PS4 costs 21 dollars for the privilege to have backwards compatibility.

PS4 is amazing, I love PS4 and it's policies! Remaster and no backwards compatibility! Sony YES!

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/star-ocean-till-the-end-of-time/cid=UP0082-CUSA04778_00-SLUS204880000001

SONY
YES
20 DOLLARS

why the fuck would you want it

>I'm just curious to play the game.
Not going to stop you, but you will end up like me. Wondering how this game got past QC.
>I remember some people said this game will be "Tales of" killer
They are fools of the highest order. As bad as Zestitra was, it was not SO5.

It feels unfinished. I'm surprised they thought it was worthy enough to release and consider a full game.

-Game world is incredibly small with very bland and dull areas. They make the map seem bigger than it actually is by having you constantly running back and forth across empty fields since there's no fast travel until near the end.
-Instead of real cutscenes the characters will just stand around and info dump for like 5 minutes. They try to make it seems more "dynamic" by letting you move around during these moments, but it equates to nothing.
-They apparently didn't have the budget to animate a lot of stuff. There's supposed to be this huge intergalactic war with space ships and laser beams happening in the background, but you never actually see it even when you're on one of the ships getting attacked.
-Tons of backtracking, which again is a problem because of the large, empty fields.
-MMO tier quests where it's just kill X enemy or find X amount of items with terrible rewards
-Crafting is super dumbed down
-Character feel unfinished combat wise. There's very few special attacks and spells even though most of them are outright recycled from previous games. This in turn makes it so there's not much variety in combat.
-Having all your party member fighting at once was a neat idea in theory, but executed terribly. For example, they compensated for this by giving bosses tons of super armor so they aren't constantly stunlocked. Which would be reasonable if the AI was at least competent, but they'll constantly run to their deaths over and over since bosses are like brick walls you just whittle down with no strategy
-Entire game is super short. You can clock it in at a little over 20 hours without rushing

youtube.com/watch?v=0zmnUi5NzTc

>and has you actively flying around and jumping between planets instead of just marooning you on generic fantasy planet for 95% of the game
I've only ever played SO3, but holy fuck nothing pissed me off about that game more.

Matt Mercer's Edge voice...

Man, Mercer is still a new guy back then.

It's one of series' problems aka they're basically just fantasy games and you get to see some SF every now and then.

Don't listen to this fucking retard shitposter There are no bugs, there are no glitches, games runs at solid 60 fps.
People throw shit at this game for no fucking reason.
It's a LOW BUDGET game you retards. Tri-Ace did a good job considering what they had.
Yes, the story is bad, rushed and badly paced. WHAT A FUCKING surprise, considering it's from Tri-Ace.
The gameplay itself is fun, you can control 6 characters, you can customize them with roles (best thing about this game). It feels like a Star Ocean, just a small one. It's definitely worth 20$.

>Kobayashi: “Since the game is full of action
What? It's dull as fuck and not even good looking.

SO3 had best girl.

So it's basically for genre enthusiasts willing to overlook lack of production and polish? That would explain why public at large snubbed it.

Fuck off. We don't want that trash.

She was the best part of the game

this.

I deeply regret buying the $110 special edition of this.
I played for about 4 hours and was just like "no I can't"
I recall getting to a mountain-y area and the music was a straight rip of a track from star ocean 3. and that was just the laziest shit. I just couldn't take it.

It's even more insulting when you realize it isn't a remaster but emulation.

>Playing a Star Ocean game besides 1/2

K E K

OG waifu

Holy shit Albel's design is so fucking cringe inducing.
What were they thinking

Never reply to me ever again.

>Do you hate me?
It's almost like they knew it was basically fujobait

I agree it's not as bad as people say, but it did feel dumbed down compared to 3. It had a couple idea I liked, such as roles and a manual block, but battles don't work right with so many characters and the ripped off SO3 movesets made me wish I was playing 3 instead.

Thanks for reminding me how much I detested the PSP art change.

this is some weird cloud/zidane/kuja hybrid

Hey, user. Let me have your star ocean copy

We never get the ports of star ocean 1 and 2 on ps4, shame.

They're good friends who care for one another in a non-sexual way.

Does SO3 emulate well on PCSX2?

PSP art direction change was something I enjoyed but the original art was also really good.

The Second Evolution undub is the definitive version of bedwetter waifu game IMO

sorry, i must forever keep it as a reminder of the foolishness of blindly trusting i franchise i loved in the past.

A reminder that Star Ocean universe is a simulation.

It's NOT really bad contrary to what other people say on this thread. It's really just an average JRPG, short one at that though.

Seriously, I enjoyed SO5 more than the disastrous pile of shit that is Final Fantasy XV

But user, I like you.

>devs say in interviews that they will try to surpass 4
>ends up being worse
>SO4 is still the only game faithfull to it's title

albel is cute

Her personality didn't match her outfit. Ann had fucking amazing hips and thighs HNNNGH.

These dumb cucks should just port Star Ocean 2 to PC instead and fix all the game breaking bugs while they're at it

I forgot about her but you are right

You can emulate it without any trouble at all and devs know that so why would they port the thing?

>hey guys, let's make a game where you can play alongside the main characters of the previous game and make it a mobile gacha game. It'll be awesome right? Right???

Protect Anne!

If it'll make money, that's the only thing that matters.

almost all famous franchises that gets a mobile gacha game are like that.

W-where's Maria?

Star Ocean 2 is unstable and most people don't bother emulating
Also if it sells well maybe they make good Star Ocean games again rather than 3/4/5

That's not really a problem, that's the setup for the series. The problem is people always going with the wrong expectations because of the title.

Not main character enough.

>for iOS and Android
>Rena looks like a boy
>Claude looks like a girl

>crop top
>skirt with thigh high slit
>no underwear

It's a good thing his dad died so he wouldn't have to watch his pride and joy grow up to be a deranged tsundere crossdressing faggot.

The gameplay of it isn't that bad, honestly. It's not that much worse than console SO, which is more telling of how basic SO is.

Our reality might be one too.

3 was not technically a bad game, it's just that the plot twist at the end was the most horrid asspull they could've ever done.

it's an insult to my gaming sensibilities, personally.

Ps3 version had Jap voices i guess but you could find a Undubed version on 360.
Overall Ps3 version had a worse frame rate.

The twist makes sense as it explains how time travel worked in SO1.

I just want more best girl

How long will I be denied

Since the devs can't seem to figure out how to do decent 3D models or use a budget wisely, they should be forced to use RPG Maker to make the next Star Ocean game.

Also, what the fuck happened to this?:--->youtube.com/watch?v=6cuXgRVMvZ0
Is this where the budget went to? Is that why 5 turned out to be low budget shit?

What's with people saying SO5 is broken? It isn't, technical side is flawless for a Tri-Ace game. Now, the story is shit and the game is pretty underwhelming in general.

Nothing, it's a tech demo.

What's the point of wasting time and money on a tech demo when you're just going to shit out something bland and generic?

Show off and then disappoint.

The rock paper scissors combat in it is extremely flawed. You hardly ever do things on reaction for it and spam literally 1 or 2 moves the enter game for every member.

not only are the devs clueless retards about pc gaming but they made an absolute trainwreck of a game

trust me you are better off without it, play nep nep, it's more playable

This is the most correct opinion

Would still hug