I used to look up to Egoraptor as an inspiration for my drawing but now I feel he isn't worthy of the Egoraptor handle...

I used to look up to Egoraptor as an inspiration for my drawing but now I feel he isn't worthy of the Egoraptor handle. Arin is a fucking sellout who rejected his talent for cheap fame in the laziest way possible. I could forgive it if he at least still drew stuff but he's even neglected that. Oney recently went onto a podcast and said he does a lot of other things alongside recording LPs, and he puts out as much videos as Arin does for Grumps. This basically confirms that Arin is nothing more than a lazy sack of shit and I'm disgusted to ever have looked up to him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvBrn7sZ-hw
youtube.com/watch?v=H8ScNjBd118
youtube.com/watch?v=DwrPuCnNbv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why wouldn't you find real people to look up to

>you can only look up to one person

What the fuck does he even do anymore?

Consider it a wake up call, user.

Is he a sellout though? He's said numerous times he's always just wanted to do whatever makes him money. Game Grumps made him money.

It's even crazier when you remember that tweet he made saying that he'd rather die than become a lets player

Meh. No one is perfect and Arin is no doubt pretty damn retarded a lot of the time, but I still kind of respect him all things considered. For all his flaws he has still managed to build something of an empire. But most of all, he hasn't built it just for himself. He made sure to be able to include all of his friends on it too and he certainly didn't need to. I respect that.

>people is singular

In this context, I think it's implied plural.

And yet he still makes more money than all the other animators turned LPers COMBINED.

>I finally saw Egoraptor for who he is

Yes, and?

>his talent
Can you show me a drawing made by Egoraptor that requires serious talent?

Talent is more than skill and execution, it's potential and he had tons of it.

well, I have to admit he never really ditched his friends or backstabbed anyone to get to the top
for the newgrounds crowd it was mostly the other way around, people dropping him because they lost respect for him

except maybe for jontron, but who knows what really happened between them?

I think his animation stuff was pretty slick back in the day. Obviously got better as it went on, but I do wish I could see what he'd make today if he continued.

>Not just looking up to Ross Scott for his policy on delivering content/promises to fans
You fell for the mainstream animator meme.

When the fuck is that movie coming out?

His animations and artwork were always lazy and shit. The humor only appealed to 12 year olds so that's why you liked it at the time.

Hopefully somewhere around 2018 but that's wishful thinking. I think he recently started using Unreal Engine for his animation so that'll hopefully smooth out the production time. My guess is at most late 2019 or something.

No, potential isn't talent unless it's expressed.

Also he's a massive sjw. Such a pain to be around.

.... Jon?

How can he be retarded enough to think that making flash animations on newgrounds was gonna make him a millionaire, but smart enough to jump on the LP ship before it soared in popularity.

He's a shitty artist but a decent businessman.

And he also gives other animators exposure through Game Grumps Animated as well as now making games and hiring people who want to make projects, even going into acting with that YouTube RED show he has.

He has a lot more to be respected for than to be pissed off about really.

makes gay dating simulators and cringy modern-nickelodeon-tier sitcoms for youtube red while shitting out lets plays that are only in the least bit interesting when they're edited by supermega

I like arin.

i like the game grumps and there's nothing you can do about it!!

>-nickelodeon-tier
Jon was right.

about what?

Still one of my favorite youtubers, next to Robbaz.

>his inspiration was a filthy millennial

>millennial
And you aren't? Are you underage or over 50?

that looks like the guy on the billboards in the background of Brandish's stage in Mighty No9, lol

>I chose you as my inspiration so you have to keep living up to my expectations!

He backpedaled so fucking hard about that too

Aren't people that are born after 2000 considered the I-Generation?

People tend to forget that the Millennial span across a pretty wide age range.

You need better role models besides talentless retards who were always shit. Look up to someone of actual value, worth and influence.

Arin was never funny, if you actually go back and watch his old awesome videos you'll see it's just a bunch of tryhard screaming and swearing

Danny and Barry aren't his real friends

Nothing he's ever done has been worth even a quarter of a shit and I'm fairly certain that he knows it. I not only don't blame him for taking everything he can but fully condone his behavior.

Gen Z is 2000 and up

I mad because Trigger came to him to shill LWA and it still fucking flopped.

gen z is 1995 and up you dumb millennial.

Isn't anime's success basically dependent on the domestic market? Why would they even bother with gaijins who won't fall for their jewish BD prices?

>even knowing a single thing about some retarded """games journalist"""much less giving a fuck

Nigger, it isn't a solid thing, some say 1995 some say 2000
I say 2000 because it makes more sense considering the previous generations name

Only recent media I've seen of Grumps was the tour of their office space and I recall him eluding to filming a youtube red show as well as going on the road doing live shows outside the lets play shit. Saying he's lazy and not doing anything sounds like an envious meme opinion to me.

>rejected his talent
You fell for the drawing meme. His real talent is networking.

>games journalist
nigga wut?

Everyone gives Arin shit for this, but what they don't realize is that Chris is fucking worse.

>Game Grumps Animated
Animator here. "Exposure" means jack shit. Arin needs to fucking pay the animators instead of just offering "exposure", and then running ads on the videos and stealing money that way, because they get more views on the Game Grumps channel than on the actual artist's channel.
>Making games
Funding. He funds games. Might Number 9? Funded. Yooka Laylee? Funded. Daddy Dating simulator? Funded. He did not make any of the games, he just threw large amounts of money at them for the sake of feeling "involved", and then weaseling money out of them for the inevitable sequels.
>Even going into acting with that YouTube RED show he has
First up, he cannot act for shit. Did you see him on the Tester, or on those dancing reality shows? He sucks. Also, that show looks like Reddit incarnate and, let us get real for a moment, the only thing it has going for it is that Dan Harmon is heading it. Also, YouTube RED series sucks in general, and only goes on to promote the bullshit control Google has over the net.

I can respect Arin as an animator, or, at least, I once did, but now, after seeing him on Doodle Dudes, it is obvious that he has not even drawn in several years. Oh, and the animations on his actual YouTube channel? All just promotional shit for that StarBomb shit he shills and he did not even do any of the animation for those music videos, but outsourced them to Studio Yotta, or his friends, Spazkid and Rubber Ninja.

Oh, and let us not forget the fact that he is a cuck. No, really. He used to send Suzy one letter every single day for a year when she got with another guy just to try winning her back, which only worked because the guy pumped and umped her crazy ass, and with nowhere to go (kicked out of their apartment) she went running to Arin. Suzy is awful, and the real business brains of GameGrumps, which only came to fruition out of luck.

No hate for the guy, it just sucks because he had potential, yet is too lazy and greedy to find it.

extrapolate

youtube.com/watch?v=WvBrn7sZ-hw
holy shit this is worse than the disney channel

Daily reminder that Suzy scammed people on Etsy to make a quick buck

Dude... he drew cartoons on the internet for free. You really shouldn't ever have put him on a pedestal to worship, fag.

gamer culture was a mistake

holy shit its real

Watching this I feel like Arin could make like Jon, leave, and be perfectly fine.

I meant Dan. Dan could leave and be fine.
Holy shit I'm stupid.

almost as bad as this
youtube.com/watch?v=H8ScNjBd118

You guys are overreacting.

This isn't that bad.

I grew out of the phase when I thought shit like this was cool at around 12.
Do people seriously grow up with this little self-awareness?

VGHS grew into it's own pretty well and had some really well executed sequences.

The first season is clumsy, but come on, don't act like a few of those Shounen ass moments weren't great.

Also The Law is a good character.

>girl gamers

Sure dude, im sure it will be a hit with the type of people who watch it

jesus fucking christ

>as he posts on an internet imageboard devoted to video games in his twenties, famous for both being one of the shittiest places on the web.

Ran security for cons back in the day. Met arin and Suzy many years ago a few times. Arin just seems depressed all the time and she was always thirsting after some hot cosplay guys. Literally was checking the green rooms and she was on some dudes lap while arin was doing a panel. He shoulda kept that hoe out of his life.

>69KB

7/10 almost had me typing a real response

I've been watching Ego/Arin's cartoons for at least 10 years and I don't even know that much about him. Why the fuck are you so involved in an internet celebrity personal life?

I don't even have a response.
Fuck it, you win.

Good for you. Who gives a fuck exactly? I hate that whole "sellout" argument people spew because you act as though you yourself would do something different if given the opportunity. Not defending the guy but why does Sup Forums care about your opinion at all? Get bent faggot

Get the fuck out of here, its because of people like you that we cant have surface discussions about video games anymore and we all have to shit post ironically as a cloak so you fucking normies dont discover underground Sup Forums

Doesn't he actually do give them money for the revenue the animated videos get?

How so?

sounds like someone is jealous

this is literally dodgeball but 1000x less funny. Is Google money that worth it Harmon?

>normies
want to know how I can tell you've only browsed this site for 3 years max?

You're pseud as fuck kid, enjoy the surface.

the fucking irony in this post

god i want to make cute tender love to this witch

Learn to punctuate and capitalize then come back. Also, I think you need to google "irony" because it doesn't mean what you think it does.

Somebody has that tweet? Didn't save it the other time ot got posted here.

To think he was just a humble screen name on the internet making flash animations on newgrounds.
youtube.com/watch?v=DwrPuCnNbv8

>I feel he isn't worthy of the Egoraptor handle.
He's not worthy of his own screen name?
Shut the fuck up. Stop glorifying e-celebs. They're only celebrities because you fags won't stop obsessing over them. They're just like any fag on Sup Forums.

killing all blacks or something.

Arin did nothing wrong

Talent? What talent? All he has ever produced has been minimal effort, screaming and farting garbage.

>I feel he isn't worthy of the Egoraptor handle.

It's his Online name not some fucking Rank.

Of all the criticisms you could give Arin, you go to sellout? Also why would you regret looking up to him when he was doing what you enjoyed?
I think he's basically at a point where he's in more of a managerial position regarding his channels and the stuff he's producing. He's busy handling a lot of projects and he's obviously not gonna have the time for making animations like he used to. You might consider it a loss, but I think that's a really one-sided way of looking at it given we aren't given a lot of info. I don't think it's fair to call him a lazy sellout just because he's not doing what you like.

Walked past him yesterday night at the Americana in Glendale. He seems happy, you can chalk that up to him pursuing his dream of working for himself and succeeding. You should be happy, too and judge yourself before passing judgement on others more successful than you. Of course when we grow older our role models change in our eyes, but to call Arin a sellout is asinine seeing as how he's built his own little empire. What, did you think he should of created content for Newgrounds his whole life?

Was the podcast the Official Podcast?

What does Oney still do besides Oney Plays?

Animation is a dying genre, and no one from Newgrounds is making it(except for Rinachan). Arin decided to build an empire with his fame and be just like Pewdiepie. So far, it has him working with the creator of Rick and Morty. Say what you will about the show, but its better than what Doug has been doing for a decade.

But its less of him selling out, and more of him preferring Game Grumps fame to animation. Theres probably a lot to be cynical about animating.

>bitches about not being able to surface discuss vidya
>at the same time screams NORMIES GET OUT REE and admits to ironic shitposting

or maybe

just fucking maybe

you'll have more discussions about video games if you stopped ironically shitposting and started discussing video games

jesus christ you fucking moron

Sleepycast when they were still producing it
He wrote the music for a new game coming out called Nightmare Cops by a few other of his good animator friends (and online personalities) for a few years
Still animates and draws regularly, drawing most of the thumbnails for Oney Plays too I guess
And pic related, Hellbenders is now stuck in limbo waiting for the studio to make a move on it.

I like Arin because he's the perfect example of building a castle on the sand instead of the bedrock. I'm wondering how much longer it's going to take before he builds a tolerance to his anti-depressants and ADHD medication and finally goes postal in the most-sensational killing spree known to gamer culture.

Alright

What video game are we talking about

I don't think Arin would do that

Jon probably

Could you niggers stop avertising a has-been animator?