So now that the game has *finally* released, what does Sup Forums think about it?

So now that the game has *finally* released, what does Sup Forums think about it?
Also, Go To Sleep

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KCW0KZLyeM8
darkwood.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Events
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>look into it
>loads of reviews about how the devs gave up the game

not sure if want

Wat. user, the game just released with every bit of content fully included. Did you mix this game up with Noct?

what am i looking at here?

A giant *dead* demonic Sow being venerated by a group of mad, starving villagers hoping their prayers will bring it back to life.

was a week? or so ago. it was still in early access

Looks fucking terrible.

i mean the game in general, any vids or anything?

at least post the name's game so I can watch a video of gameplay and give it my verdict

explain this game

Bought it when it was in early access but got a refund. Its got some good ideas and atmosphere, but im not a fan of survival crafting games. I think the best part was during the first night. I was standing in the bedroom waiting for day and looking and listening to the things outside and the door to the room suddenly opened.

Darkwood

Games name is Darkwood, Polish horror game. Just released.

>survival crafting game
all i need to know, thanks

>randomly generated
>scavenge for materials
>craft weapons
Why do so many games do this now?

because it has a nice ratio of
easy to make : gets retards to like it

Pretty much, an entire Polish/Russian forest has been infected by a plague, and everything is going to shit. Terrible things now infest the corrupted land and you have to get the fuck out of Dodge before shit *truly* hits the fan.
Now Sleep

Nigga i don't care about the story, explain how it functions as a game
also its only 11:45 pm here

It's an easy to to pad gameplay and make it so the player doesn't finish the game too quick compared to linear, fixed level, story driven games.

Just watch a youtube video, the how flashlight mechanic is god awfully stupid and doesn't work in small indoor areas where you don't have room to attack the enemy before it disappears out of view. It also doesn't help that everything is brown and grey

>go watch a youtube video
what is the point of this thread

I want to fuck Wolfman

It's a survival horror game essentially. You start in an initial Hideout which you need to board up and secure, and ensure that when night falls you don't get buttfucked by eldritch horrors. You also need to gather mushrooms to gain perks to aid you, and resources to build up your various Hideouts over the course of the game. Atleast at its simplest.
Now Stop Resisting And Go to Sleep

thanks user

You and me both, Meat.

You are welcome.
Now Rest Your Head And Sleep. Let The Being Embrace You

Sounds like a nice concept that went to shit

i just bought this. anything i should know before jumping in?

no, you retard

You are *going* to die. A lot. Also, beware of Chompers and Banshees.

Yes, don't play for more than 2 hours or you won't be able to refund it

All these pictures remind me of The Colour out of Space.

Why are these screenshots so low res

>beat game after 23 hours of hell itself
>load save back up that is in the epilogue
>look around for easter eggs
>get the true ending

Holy fuck that was really well done.

youtu.be/KCW0KZLyeM8

>survival crafting game
FUCKING
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
STOP THIS SHIT

So I got through my first night well enough, but at one point my front door, which was my only unsealed entrance, opened itself up, though nothing happened.

Am I going to get fucked if I don't make my hideout air tight by night? It seems like a waste to use materials to board up my only entrance, and then waste weapon durability to tear it down again.

What do you do in this game? Try to survive when monsters come at night for as long as possible?

Just push a wardrobe in front of it. Most monsters are going to waste most of their time either destroying it, or pushing it out of the way, giving you ample time to prepare for the worst. Also, if you hear random knocking on the door at night, best to open it.

It's not really a survival game. You don't need to drink, food is just mushrooms that you eat to level up. The crafting is basically straight out of The Last of Us; you just combine a bunch of shit together to make supplies. The most survival aspect is that you need to be at one of your hideouts at night to wait for daytime, and that the map is (mostly) open.

It's fucked that people instantly shit on it when it's the best no name indie game I've played.

No, there's a story to complete, but surviving the night is a major part of the game. There are a ton of NPCs to talk to and gain information from, even some Quests to complete.

>day 1 + night 1
>this game is alright but nothing special spooky sounds, random footsteps and shit
>day 2 night 2
>shift+tab steam web browser while waiting night to pass, usual shit
>FUCKING KNOCKING ON THE FRONT DOOR
>OH SHIT FUCK ME

Why user? Why Did You Kill It? It Only Wanted You to Sleep

Use printscreen for screenshots, holy shit.

Yeah, but the wardrobe is already being used to block that huge hole in the wall, unless you can build more of them.

Probably best to just leave it then, and maybe hold up in one of the rooms with a lamp for light. So long as you aren't standing near a window, and you aren't making too much noise, you should be fine for the first few nights.

Later on in the Swamp, yes. The swamp hideout is so small you can only hold a single small room. It doesn't help that wood and nails are rare in the swamp, too. At that point you'll be getting fucked by centipedes/banshee's/spidermen anyway.

There are also non-harmful/mostly non-harmful night events too. The door opening is a harmless one, while the knocking one can cause broken cades.

darkwood.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Events

And the monsters that come at night are random?

I must be retarded because I have no idea where to go. I met the wolfman, went down to see that door that I lost the key to, and pretty much explored the entire dry meadow (aside from locked doors/areas). There must've been something on the floor that I missed somewhere because it's been 9 nights.

this

Also, does anyone know if this is like Sunless Sea?

I hate crafting games but if its got good, obscure, creepy lore and atmosphere, Ill give it a real shot.

Wolfguy marks a point on the map for you to go when you talk to him the first time.

Mostly, yes. You can literally get anything, but the more difficult Ritter sent pawn until later nights. Just be aware the the Random Events have no such rule however.

Stuck in the epilogue. I got locked in the room and used a shove to break the door open, now im still locked in the house and I can't find anything to advance to the next segment, what do I do?

The atmosphere and character interacting is similar, if a bit more overt. Gameplay is nothing like it though.

Tried it, seemed really good. Creepy atmosphere.

Fuck, I'm an idiot. I made it to the house between the meadow and the woods and thought that poison in the middle would kill me instantly. I must've read what my guy said wrong.
You have to push a cabinet or chest out of the way in the bottom room to reveal the rest of the house.

tell me about the lore in this game

In what games can i become a doom guy to eldritch horrors?

Doom.

your gay ass spoiler text has forever turned me off from ever looking at this game again

I meant games where you rape gory alien like things not demons.

With spoilers included, or without?

spoilers. i won't play it

OK, here we go.
[spoilers]You were apparently apart of a team tasked with finding the Heart of the Being behind the corruption, and destroying it. This team included the Trader, the Doc, and You, the Stranger. Upon entering the Forest, you are all assaulted by the entity and pretty much driven kinda insane, with the Doc going full-blown batshit. You have lost all your memories, and even lost anything relating to your mission, all you care about now is getting "out", by whatever means necessary. By the epilogue, you find an apartment complex situated directly on top of the Being, which is now actively trying to lull you to "Sleep". You get the Normal Ending if you climb into the bed and sleep, but you only get the true ending if you expose the house for what it is, and then climb down into the hole to destroy the abomination for good.[/spoilers]

Bloodborne

i asked about the lore, not plot. thanks anyway

Eh, the lore and plot are pretty much one and the same here. I don't think it's ever explained *what* the thing is, only that it exists. Nor is it explained why it started corrupting everything, or how everything got so fucked so quickly.

Looked at the wiki for it. On the bright side there's no hunger thirst mechanic so on the bright side you don't need to eat and drink every 2 minutes to avoid dying of hunger/dehydration

Clive Barker's Undying maybe?

Can't believe your thread went on for so long without mentioning it's artstyle is right out of a Zdzisław Beksiński. Some of the characters and monsters also look right outta of the paintings and the music ques really enhance the atmosphere.

Just finished torrenting it. Assuming I don't kill myself some time tomorrow I'll probably give it a shot after work and make a thread if it's any good to piss people and make them poop their pants while screaming "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLL" at the top of their lungs

It makes you sleep so that it can absorb you into itself via the trees.