Retarded Japanese designs

>Left: Western Lahkesis
>Right: Japanese Lahkesis
Defend yourselves, weeaboos.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h5tbDhiFBQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Right one is more accurate to the myths, shitter

I hope that bitch on the right thought that hairstyle was real clever before she left the house this morning

>No it's genius, Vincent-San. When it come time to extract, simply hook the helicopter winch onto my handle!

I'm not sure Lachesis is supposed to be a Valkyrie.

OP further proving how stupid westernshitter are
sage

The only ones I didn't like were the angels in SMT IV, but that's just a think of preference.

Couldn't begin to understand how you can look at those two and say "yeah no, that's a great cohesive desk on the right there"

>left: generic angel
>right actually takes the mythos into the design including the thread; AKA: the most important part of Lahkesis
more like explain yourself westerners. In fact, explain yourselves on how Christianity is so deep in your culture yet you have never designed a proper angel. You do realize most angels look like monsters right? Nearly all of them in the Bible even start out by saying "Do not be afraid"

i really like what they were going with in theory, but i feel like more human representations of the archangels have grown too much on me. doesnt help that they just also have a lot going on that makes the designs kinda annoying to look at sometimes

The right one matches all her sisters(?) and from what I understand fits the myths while still not being out of place in the game either.
And she fuses into best girl to boot.

>Angel
>Dopey faced cunt with puffy vagina hair and a red morphsuit
You're right, thank goodness they stuck closer to the original mythos

Bare feet makes designs better

Left is sexier, right is more interesting.

Who's the left gal anyway?

God of War 2 villain.

Cheers mate.

>Japanese games complaint thread number 1.000.501.083

>female
>feet exposed
10/10

>female
>not barefeet, pregnant and chained to the sink

1/10

Hmmm

Theorizing here, but I thought the overcomplicated design was meant to be trying to emulate an 'incomprehensible sight' feeling

Atropos best sister, by the way.
Does GoW have a Norn too? I'd wager SMT Norn wins.

Demon thread?

please don't post clotho i just ate

Yeah, I get you.Since I haven't seen any or know if they even exist, I can also accept that angels can look like beings out of this world like the other user wrote. I can't remember where I read a different depiction of angels either.
Maybe they say that because most humans tend to be scared of anything unknown. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is this kaneko appreciation thread?

>mainstream DARK AND EDGY western design from conveyor

Meant to be saying GoW is greek, Norn is norse

>In fact, explain yourselves on how Christianity is so deep in your culture yet you have never designed a proper angel.

This is something that will always perplex me. I mean, I get that most people who are Christians just do what everyone else in their culture does, because that's what the kind of people who follow the church do, but you'd think that at least one person would actually look at their own religious system and recognize that it has some pretty interesting and crazy shit in it. Instead it take a bunch of people on an island archipelago to notice.

>Don't be afraid
>I'm just naked, and in bondage gear
>So, don't be afraid

>You do realize most angels look like monsters right? Nearly all of them in the Bible even start out by saying "Do not be afraid"
Just as many times they assumed human forms to relay a message though.

What's the problem here?

The fucking right is still more accurate to the mythology. Especially when compared to that generic MMO-esque or capeshit-like design.

Either way, this is now an SMT thread.

Oh right. My bad. I keep getting them mixed up because SMT always fuses the sisters in this thread into Norn.

>jew angels
>not superior greco-romanized angels

That's unfair man, you gotta compare all three.

They can take any form, once one of them showed as a fire pillar if I'm not mistaken

They're still borrowing from the west. Japan always does this, most of what they create has its start in the west.

None look like the original designs, now THAT'S what activates the amygdalae.

>the human who turns into an angel is represented as a motherfucking android in the SMT universe
I love Kaneko designs so much. When will he escape the flower fields?

I think they are just overdesigned and doesn't have a "holy" feel per se. On the other hand I think Merkabah is fairly good, better in IV:A when he's redrawn

>shitting on Kazuma Kaneko
I miss him...

Jokes aside watch this, my shitposter friend.
>youtube.com/watch?v=h5tbDhiFBQg

>You do realize most angels look like monsters right? Nearly all of them in the Bible even start out by saying "Do not be afraid"
Show me your wicked bible you little sinner, there's only three descriptions of angels ever seen in a common bible.
- A being with many wings.
- A being of light.
- Just a human guise.

Artists either fantasie about them being beautiful humans with two wings or batshit like some H. P. Lovecract schtick and make them some bizarre being.

im actually really curious on if they are gonna try and tone down the more "overdesigned" parts of the designs while still keeping the really cool thought of making them more robotic/being partially humanlike to attempt at masking their more robotic design. or maybe that would overlap too much with metatrons design

Maybe this one will actually divide opinions
>Left: Western Satan
>Right: Japanese Satan

>Unrepresented: Titty Satan.

Thought it would only be fair to go with a more recent design rather than the abandoned one

There's better Western AND Japanese Satans to be fair.
I'd still go with the Japanese one here, it ain't great but it has something going on beyond "buff dude with wings"

What game is the one on the left?

Anyway, ONLY by the looks of both of them, Satan (Lucifer) i always represented as a being with three heads, the one on the left actually does that.

>Left: A N O T H E R white man
>Right: Personification of evil, with seven crowns for seven heads
How does japan keep on doing it?

and guess which one is correct?
>Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. - Revelation 12:3
Are you even trying Westerners? In fact, SMT made this demon twice

for sure, i actually really love dois redrawn merkebah. but i dont think they were really going for a holy design for the main 4, and decided on a more inhuman design to better represent how they wanted to portray YHVH as a being who wanted to primarily control his subjects as dolls or programmable beings as opposed to beings of free thought that chose to follow in his lead.

Plan on watching this later, can I get a quick summary?

It's not so much abandoned as much as they want the games their primary actors to have new identities, the new Lucifer, Satan and YHVH just aren't the same characters they were in SMT 1-3.

Both are shit imo but tbf left has the whole "Fallen Angel" thing going with the black wings and all whereas the right has the Seven Deadly Sins

>What game is the one on the left?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Only abandoned in those two games user, don't give up hope.

>Castlevania
>Konami
>WESTERN GAME

They already had to remove the tits in Persona 5.
He's dead, Jim.

both of them are good imo, i think it really matters on what you are trying to take away from satan as a person. especially since satan is pretty analogous for lucifer they could be more representing him as the fallen angel as opposed to the many other representations of satan

But why the stigmata?

>Castlevania
>Western

>Left: Actual betrayer of God
>Right: God's pet watch dog.

>Lords of Shadow
>eastern
Mercury Steam developed it

That's a representation from Dante's Divine Comedy IIRC to show him chewing on the bodies of the 3 great sinners. I don't think any canon biblical works include it.

The Japanese Satan here (from SMTIVA) is based more on the interpretation some have of the Old Testament where Satan isn't a direct enemy of god but rather one who tempts humanity to test them.

White people love white people. White is right. Make them white, blonde warriors of God and no one will question it. Give Jesus a tan and/or non anglo nose? Blasphemy.

The designs are not made by Japanese.

I actually like the original IV illustrations, they're more in line with Talmudic ideas and the style they're illustrated in really does make them feel distinct from all the other creatures. I get it's a case of preference though, especially since they're the first departure from Kaneko's designs.

Is it wrong that i want to fuck these things?

It's not nice to lie user, they just removed the nipples and they even still have Mara.

The one are the right is actually closer to the source content while the one on the left looks more Norse inspired due too all the armor and wings.

Quick google search would tell you this.

Depends honestly, Old Testament and obsolete Talmudic scripts are the source of the more outlandish angel designs and the New Testament is basically a giant retcon patch changelog for it.

Western game industry is mistake. AAA is mistake.

Satan is the girl.

I liked original satan way more.

I'll never forget the threads where people tried to shit on Persona 5 for "censoring Mara" just because Slime Mara appears early in the game. They got BTFO.

What about the Megami Ibunroku Persona Satan?
His design confused me for so long, but I guess it's got something to do with him appearing as a Snake in the Garden of Eden or something

>looked up DDS2
>even removed nipples too
Not fair mang
Nothing wrong with fucking a demon user.

True japanese Satan

It just means you have taste that goes beyond the monotony of humanity.

You fucking moron

Ezekiel 10:12-14New International Version (NIV)

12 Their entire bodies, including their backs, their hands and their wings, were completely full of eyes, as were their four wheels. 13 I heard the wheels being called “the whirling wheels.” 14 Each of the cherubim had four faces: One face was that of a cherub, the second the face of a human being, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

Aww I wish I didn't avoid P5 threads before release, that sounded fun. Besides I think 3 and 4 had no Satan nipples either. It's not that big of a deal.

The P1 Satan looks nice.

I prefer Kaneko's archangels but really like Gabriel, Raphael, but dislike Michael.
How do you fuck it up?

One thing I never got though is why Cerberus is portrayed as a lion with a snake tail?

always thought Orphan from Final Fantasy XII had a cool design considering its inspiration

Respect to the source material I assume, he's gotten some redesigns, like Persona 3 and DDS, though those are more stylized and weird due to the context of their games.

Cerberus has maintained a fairly consistent look throughout the series which is derived from the original books.

Wtf.

If I remember right, it was because so many enemies were simply palette swaps

There's a 3-head Cerberus design in SMT though

The original game was based on a Japanese novel and Cerberus was pretty much the same character he was in the book. Why the author decided to make Cerberus look like that I don't know but after the game franchise took on a life of its own they kept the design as a tribute to their origin for a while, I think it disappeared after Nocturne though.

modern creationists don't read their text. They go to sermons and pretend they are enlightened and above everyone

Think it originated from the DDS novels and became mainstay, snake tail can be described by Typhon being his dad in actual myths so he was part snake, plus snake tail appearing on urn depictions and poets like Euphorion of Chalcisas well.
Funny how the two cerberus variations in other games keep the three headed design (DDS with Lupa and Koromaru's persona). Plus Orthus was his brother and kinda looked like a lion too

Bayonetta designs were great since they took the monstrous ideals. Just wish the Joys weren't just sexy humanoids.

thrones are fucking awesome

As for their appearance, the four of them looked alike; each was like a wheel intersecting a wheel.As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the cherubim faced; the wheels did not turn about as the cherubim went. The cherubim went in whatever direction the head faced, without turning as they went. Their entire bodies, including their backs, their hands and their wings, were completely full of eyes, as were their four wheels.I heard the wheels being called "the whirling wheels." Each of the cherubim had four faces: One face was that of a cherub, the second the face of a human being, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle. Then the cherubim rose upward. These were the living creatures I had seen by the Kebar River. When the cherubim moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the cherubim spread their wings to rise from the ground, the wheels did not leave their side. When the cherubim stood still, they also stood still; and when the cherubim rose, they rose with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in them. While I watched, the cherubim spread their wings and rose from the ground, and as they went, the wheels went with them. They stopped at the entrance of the east gate of the LORD's house, and the glory of the God of Israel was above them. These were the living creatures I had seen beneath the God of Israel by the Kebar River, and I realized that they were cherubim. Each had four faces and four wings, and under their wings was what looked like human hands. Their faces had the same appearance as those I had seen by the Kebar River. Each one went straight ahead.

Admitably, Im a newfag when it comes to SMT and Persona. I played through Persona 5 and they still had the classic design, guess its kinda like the Rathalos or Pikachu of SMT as a whole.

Forgot to attach image

>If you aren't a weeaboo you're a newfag

Lords of Shadow was made by westerners.

I'm not sure why it's a thing, but for some reason Nips really like making Nyarlathotep really pretty. Nyarko isn't even the only example.

Can someone tell me what description of Satan this is referencing or do people like it purely for the tits