Beat Megaman 1-5 this weekend. Working my way through the entire franchise

Beat Megaman 1-5 this weekend. Working my way through the entire franchise.
Let's have a Megaman thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Br3uvu7_Tew
youtube.com/watch?v=_6o-xXq4XwI
youtube.com/watch?v=PBuE_mcniFA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bcxit-ZzNVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey there everyone.

>inb4 this is for mobileshit

Reminder that Megaman 7, 8 and M&B didn't deserve the hate they got

They fuckin' do. They're such sloppy shitty games. Changing the sprite size relative to the screen resulted in huge gameplay and pacing changes.

And, is that the only reason why they are shitty games?

Why do you keep making this thread

It's the start. The entire pace of the game is changed. Big sprites make platforming more sloppy. To make jumps in MM8 you have to have a few pixels of your left toe on the edge. It's quite counter-intuitive. Plus the "jump", "slide" snowboarding segments would be far more tolerable zoomed out more.

A game like Shibbaman Zero feels more like Mega Man than those three games. It's basically "what if mega man had a sword or boxing gloves"?

I havent started MM8 yet, but MM7 fucking blows. Controlling Megaman feels really off due to how big his sprites are. The game also seems a lot slower than the earlier NES games.

I agree with the slowness (at least in MM7, haven't touch 8 in a long time), other than that it shouldn't be a big deal.

Just can't get used to it. Atleast MM7 got some noteworthy tracks in its OST, Slash, Shade, Junk and Burst in particular.

Which game has the best weapon arsenal?

i love the weapons in 5

>putting 8's sprite out of context
Nice shitpost, faggot. 8's sprite is way smaller in comparison to the screen than 7's was.

>out of context

All 4 games, MM1, MM7, MM8, and Schbibinman Zero, were all scaled to 960x720 resolution for comparison.

Megaman ZX games are so fun and the combat is fast paced and fun i would really really really like those games
..IF THE MAP WASTN SO SHIW WHY IS IT SO FUCKING SHIT SHIT SHIT THE MAP IS FUCKING USELESS WHY PUT IT IN THE GAME IF IT DOESNT TELL YOU HOW TO GO PLACES SHITTTTTTTTTTTT

MM7's sprite was based on the gameboy games, which is superior to the NES games.

Gameboy game sprites were based on the Famicom sprite.

Sweet, OP. I've been marathoning the Battle Network games. Currently on the 4th and so far in the Castillo Tournament it's been fun. 3 is the best so far. Also getting the AntiDmg custmod from the Shadow style and putting it on WoodShield worked wonders for me.

Scale nigger, SCALE

Just start frostman stage in megaman 8. F*ck the snowboard.
But i really like the fact that you can always have your buster and the boss weapon active at the same time

>Beat Megaman 1-5
>in one weekend
Are you crazy good at video games or did you use savestates like a faggot?

Not him but 1-7 should be possible in one day.

I like you.

This is my favorite Mega Man boxart, and as a kid I always imagined it was how Mega Man really looked.

Hey there buddy..Think fast! *Shoots Metal Blade*

I really like these small descriptions of bosses in Mega Man X4 even if they basically are utter nonsense. IMO it's a nice touch and I would have loved to see it in other Mega Man games.

Has anyone scanned Boss Fights Books Mega Man 3 book?

>F*ck the snowboard.
I have some bad news

How I would reboot the Mega Man series:

>"Mega Man" in all areas
>Full 3D
>X art style and setting
>story reboot
>both animal and theme bosses (eg. Topman and Splashwoman alongside x series animal bosses)
>actually tells some semblance of a story
>third person shooter with elements of Vanquish
>no cover system
>action game

I wish they would reboot the series with this concept.

I know, Wily 1 is even worse.

You'll get a reboot alright.

>Currently on the 4th
RIP

Why did they give the series to some cheap Western animation studio rather than Japanese? MM has never had a proper adaption. A few seasons for each game series would be perfect.

?

I wish there was a mega man game that took you through Megaman 1 through 10 seemlessly and let you keep the weapons

9 > 2 (Metal Blade is the obvious reason) > 10 > 3 > MM&B > 4 > 1 > 7 = 8 > 5 > 6

>broken ability centralizes and simplifies the game
>this is a positive

Mega Man 11 should be like Mega Man 6 in that the Robot Masters come from different countries. Here are my suggestions:

Merchant Man(Israel) - Weak to Voltage Man
Voltage Man(Croatia) - Weak to Equal Man
Equal Man(Sweden) - Weak to Otto Man
Otto Man(Turkey) - Weak to Pizza Man
Pizza Man(Italy) - Weak to Pirate Man
Pirate Man(Somalia) - Weak to Vanish Man
Vanish Man(Bermuda) - Weak to Merchant Man

That's a popular opinion, I personally prefer buster only runs.

You do know there's already a Pirate Man, right?

>Pirate Man
Already a MM&B robot master

Where's Jihad man?

sevens but four had the best theme

youtube.com/watch?v=Br3uvu7_Tew

Since there's already a Pirate Man, I guess he'll have to be Somalia

>reboot

why there'ss still a ton of stuff to explore in the series

Why do people shit in X6 when it's better than X5?

There hasn't been an X game in years. The original timeline is so far removed from anything it's some weird magic shit with Elves and pixies. It's unrecognizable.

>Reboot
>Full 3D
>third person shooter
Kill yourself

the music m8

youtube.com/watch?v=_6o-xXq4XwI

youtube.com/watch?v=PBuE_mcniFA

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcxit-ZzNVY

Oh, you want yet another 2D game? That formula has been done to death.

Mega man can work in 3D.

what about legends

If you are going to turn it into another thing then just make it a spinoff like Battle Network. The 2D platformers can still live like that.

That's my point, X6 is better than X5 in many aspects, including music.

More like 1-10 and even X-X6 if you are gud.

Remember me guys?

>X, Zero, and Sigma in MvCI
X9 confirmed

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom pulled a MM9, except this time they do SNES style instead of 8-bit.

This nigga knows, 16-bit Mega Man X9 would make me harder than diamonds.

>SNES
>not PS1

Only young kids will complain about Mega Man 7 and 8s sprite sizes.

Back then you couldn't survive on nostalgia, you have to adapt and change to the current market or you won't make it at all. Mega Man tried and did ok.

8 fucking killed the original series. It didn't do okay. There's a reason there's only 1 PS1 original series, but 6 PS1-PS2 X games. The original series probably should have been retired and kept to the Famicom and then have the X series be the successor.

X tie's directly into the classic right from the very first game though?

So we all agree that Battlenetwork is the worst spinoff because it isn't even Megaman and it led to the abomination known as Starforce, right? Okay good, glad we got that out of the way.

PS1 has objectively the absolute worst visual presentation of any X game

Worst spin-off is Soccer

Starforce is the worst spinoff only because it has one good game (SF3) not because of the "wahh it's not like the classic games" bullshit

Yeah, and? More reason to drop the original series. There were too many MM games anyways.

>Starforce is the worst spinoff only because it has one good game
Operate Shooting Star doesn't count because it's just BN1 with Starforce shoehorned into a small part of it.

but it was fun

>fun
Nice meme

Soccer did nothing wrong.

Except exist

Do you agree that Megaman 2 is extremely overrated and, under scrutiny, really isn't even that much of a good game?

Yes, 3 is leagues better. People praise 2 because of muh wily 1 music.

Both are shit, so who cares?

Mega Man X7 is an okay game. Not great, not even good. Just okay. It's possible to have fun playing it.

Fuck y'all bandwagon haters.

if you were 10 years old when you played megaman 2 on its release, your 39 now and still browsing Sup Forums

>le "great game is bad because it's too popular" meme
I bet you think FF VII is the worst Final Fantasy game too.

>387931629
Nice b8, got me to reply

Battle Network is God tier though.

t. user who started with BN WAAAAAAAY after already being a fan of the platformer series

BN is the tits man. I actually think it could be revived on mobile. Make custom Navis, make buddies with the characters. Downside is that wed have to shell out sheckles for good chips and pa's. Probly get dicked by a saudi prince during tourneys.

I never played a single Final Fantasy, but I could write you an essay about the wonky game design in Megaman 2, and how it is improved a whole lot by 3 and 4. In what way is Megaman 2 "great"? Other than the music, of course, musically it is reaööy fucking great.

>t. little BN babby who is underage and pretending to have liked real Megaman games
At least you're honest

Who are you quoting?

yes but 3 made you replay 4 stages for no fucking reasons

Yeah, that was sorta weird, you can see that 3 was rushed, but it was still a better game than 2. 4 is the best classic Megaman game though.

>Rockman 4 Minus Infinity doesn't work on a flashcart

Maybe the good parts of 3 are better than 2, but that fucked padding of basically 1/4 of the game automatically makes it worse than 2

Roesenkruestilel is a great game.

What are the best (outside of 4 Minus Infinity) and worst Megaman ROM hacks?

What about Megaman 2's weapon ballance? What about the fact that all of the weapons in 2 are either bugged, useless, extremely situational, or Metal Blade, with Leaf Shield and Air Shooter being the only "decent" ones? (And even then, Leaf Shield does not really fulfill its purpose as a shield weapon, as you cannot move while using it.)
What about the useless Item 3 that is made obsolete by the existence of Item 1?
What about the narrow-minded "lock and key" level design where levels are annoying to play, but can be skipped by having the right item/weapon?
What about the fact that Megaman 2 is full of crappy hitboxes? Do I need to remind you of the final boss? Or all the sprite flicker?
What about all the forgettable boss fights?
What about the fact that Wily's Castle 4 exists?