My wife recently asked me to put a full Sims game, complete with all expansions on her computer

My wife recently asked me to put a full Sims game, complete with all expansions on her computer.

Which one, of the whole series, when all of it's expansions are included is the best? I have a full copy of the Sims 3, but I was wondering which one you think she would like best.
Which one, when all expansions are active, is the BEST Sims experience?

Discuss.

3 if you're a diehard sims fan.

Thats the one I was planning. Just wanted to make sure it was good. I was a diehard fan, but I dropped off the boat when 3 came out and wasnt great to start.

If you have an SSD and she is a fan of the games then go for Sims 3, if it is her first time playing Sims then go for 4
I say this from my own experience since I tried to play the sims 3 for the first time with all the expansions and it was overwhelming, the game trow you all the stuff that you can do at once and you don't even know where to start

Sims 2 is my personal favorite

2 is my personal favorite as well. How is 4 now? I loved the base game, but fell off quickly.

Sims 2 will always have a place in my heart

I bought an ssd partly for Sims 3 and it did jack to improve performance. There's a memory leak in the game and it really hurts when you have all the expansions installed. I dunno if they fixed it.

It's still loads of fun. I really enjoyed the world adventures pack.

Sims 3 + expansions has far and away the most content (like 3 or 4 times as much as 4) Problem is it runs pretty terribly even on modern systems. There are ways to mitigate it somewhat but unless she has a pretty high spec laptop it may not work very well.

Sims 4 has a pretty nice looking art style but it feels almost deliberately lacking in content.

Sims 2 is still fun and runs on toasters.

really good, there's a great amount of content and recently they added pets
I enjoyed living in a department with a random roommate

If you enjoyed the base game of sims 4 you'd still be able to enjoy the other packs since they barely change anything, only packs i care about is parenthood and get together expansion.

3 is the objectively best sims. 4 feels like a massive step down from 3

Give her 2 so she could actually PLAY something

It's like the Fallout 4 of the series

So the best of the series, but Sup Forums hates it?

>best

cmon man

Get 2.

3 would be the best but it runs like shit and gets worse with each expansion pack added.

Doesn't 3 get laggy as fuck with all the expansions, even with an expensive computer?

Sims 3 is the best but it runs like shit. Sims 4 is a safe choice.

>complete with all expansions

Then don't get 3 because its optimization issues are not fixable and will never be fixed. You can install the base game with a couple of expansions you really want but that's it.

4 plus sex mods

it does

getting the Nraas mod helps

And if you really need it, you can uninstall Pets, since they're annoying as fuck anyway to optimize the game.

any mods that make the game clock slower?
whenever I play without cheating i literally have no time to do anything fun on my sim.

Is this what real life is like?

Sims 3 will shit itself after a few hours of gameplay and nothing will fix it, apart from a full delete and reinstall. It's mind-boggling.

yes welcome to die

Play 4, you don't have to worry that much about needs

If she has patience then 3, otherwise, 2 or 4.

Sims 3 is like that REALLY fun car that is a few miles from completely breaking down

Sims 2 is a little bit boring but will last you many years

>my sim

Are you playing with only one sim? That's the boring way to play the game. have a household of 3-4 or more instead.

Which is the best for construction/interior design? Also is there a mod or something where I can buy a house, renovate it and the sell to sims? Just wanna build stuff.

2 is only good for nostalgia. The fact that only the Sims you're controlling age up and change while the rest are immortal makes it unplayable for people who care about playing the game with legacy families. It's like trying to play 1 again with its ageless children.

Is this something that fixes if you just close out and reopen your game?

What is Sims 1 or 4 in that car analogy

3 is the best for contruction

Sims 3 had an Interior Decorator profession.

Sims 1 is a vintage car

Sims 4 is a faggy hybrid

It will run ok for around half an hour before shitting itself again.

????
you change the household with two clicks and play with everyone
don't hear this retard OP

2 all the way

1 is shit

2 you need to play with the whole city, but women like that, beause they create intrigues between the families

3 you play with only one sim, so i'ts the most boring one

>repeatedly switching between houses you don't care about just so they're not immortal

Like I said, it's unplayable.

Also, even if you do this the townies will remain immortal.

>1 is shit

You take that back

3 has the best construction of all series with the Create a Style Function alone.

4 is worse because no CAS and every lot is completely flat

>It's unplayable because it doesn't adhere to my fanmade challenge

I bet you do Nuzlockes in Pokemon

Alright thanks
But do you actually make decisions on the job? I played the first 2 only, and not much.

in the sims 2 you actxchually care about the town, not one sim

the fun is exactly playing a lot of generations, so the ghosts haunt some of your sims

>tfw your favorite daughteru is haunted by pervvy grandpa

Your controlling sim is also immortal since it was easy to keep the happiness points up for the age reduction elixir

You can choose not to use the Exlixir of Immortality

1 really is bad. The animations looked static and dated even on release. the sims 2 is better in every aspect.

Sims 1 was groundbreaking because of the Gameplay, not the animation/graphics.

3 is the best game but get her 4. All women care about is the dressup and 4 has the best dressup options.

Maybe "legacy" is the wrong term (I haven't actually played Sims 2 in a decade now). What I mean is that I only like to play with one family at a time and rarely two and mostly just from the household I started with.

If you try to play this way in the Sims 2 you end up having way too many households to realistically play unless you're exclusively having one child and keeping them NEET forever. And again, the NPCs are immortal unless you want to continually refresh them by marrying them into your household.

that was just an example. Gameplay was non existant, people just liked to build houses and kill the neighborhood in a house-fire or a pool without the stairs out.
The sims 2 had true and engaging gameplay

This but it runs like utter shit with everything installed. Even has a gamebreaking bug in island adventure.

sims 3 + seasons dlc, you cannot go without seasons it's too amazing not to have

don't download too many dlc's because your game will take 50 years to load and lag a lot

essential mods: nraas master controller, overwatch(makes the game not crash after an hour), and no intro(gets rid of the intro) is good too

Wish there was an ability to manually control your character.

My favorite Sims were Bustin' Out and Urbz on the GBA/DS pretty much just for that reason.

SIMCOPTER OR FUCK OFF

overwatch mod!!!!!! cannot stress this enough for anyone having problems

>people just liked to build houses and kill the neighborhood in a house-fire or a pool without the stairs out.

Whats stopping you from doing the same thing in 2?

>Gameplay was non existant,

Gee i sure love to take my Sims to fun snow vacations, Turning them into super stars and maybe making them do silly magic tricks through fun minigames

You can't really say that the Sims 1 is shit when 4 exists. I wouldn't like a new fan to write off Sims 1 because its old, it still has features and charms not found in any of the newer game like the sense of danger and challenge,

What do you think

>Not Ultra jew

rite

Alternatively why not simcity 2000 and simcopter?

indeed

You're a nostalgiafag. I get it, I'm pretty nostalgic for Sims 1 myself.

But Sims 1 has nothing to offer new players. There are no lifestages, there's no aging, there's no genetics system. It's stagnant. You goof around once and then you're done.

Nraas Relativity for Sims 3 does that, but it will affect performance.

sims 2 if you need something easy to run, but sims 3 is the best

>my wife

Yeah, because it is totally true that a fucking loser browsing Sup Forums will have a wife. Fuck off.

Most people on here are normal, functional members of society. Why project your insecurities onto internet strangers?

>tfw played the shit out of this game on the PS2
Making cozy homes for me and my in-game gf were fuckin sweeeeeeet! I got to live the highschool romance that I never had.

>wanting the responsibility of 4 real people in a game meant for fun

No thank you faggot. If I wanted an autism simulator, I'd play a grand strategy game. I just want to get good at shit quickly and be a billionaire with a giant fucking house that's sweet as fuck in pretend land.

>trying this hard

just stop, you're embarrassing yourself

>not taking advantage of the free money that games from the goblin painters.
Although tbf I found enjoyment from moving into a house, stripping the occupants naked and forcing them to live in small spaces built inside the walls of the house desu. Where all they could do was shit, piss and cry before dropping dead from their exhaustion. Fucking diamonds brah

Do you know of any other games similar to sim copter?

>he doesn't know that claiming to be a lonely basement neckbeard is just a meme

Hands down 3, but only if you have a beast pc and even then still expect long loading times and occasional crashes.

If you're on a more moderate pc then go for Sims 2.
Avoid the Sims 4 like the plague

Why does Sims 4 get so much shit?

They intentionally cut shit like toddlers and pools from the base game. The laziness and blatant jewery (even for the Sims) made people dislike it just on principle even though they eventually fixed these issues.

Faggots that only know the problems from mememing retards. You still get idiots claiming there are no pools or toddlers. 4's biggest problem is the utter lack of CAS, less robust Buildmode and slow pathing AI.

My main issue is that traits don't do anything. Everyone feels the same. The voices and animations suck compared to 3 as well, everyone is too polite and boring. The past games had a humor/amusement factor to them.

A lot of missing content at release. It was shit then, but it's actually pretty decent now.

>Why does Sims 4 get so much shit?

Removed Open World
Shallow Gameplay
Traits are a non-factor
Ass tons of Bloated stuff packs
Slicing down past content in portions to sell at full price

And how every sim seems exactly the same despite different traits or there seems to be no downside to any choices you make, and packs that barely add anything new, removing open world sucks but I understand why, but teleporting to places is boring, why didn't they do it like sims 2 and add taxis or cars.

>recently they added pets
Doesn't come out until November.
OP: Sims 4 is really good in terms of home life and emotional states. Personally, I'm a big fan of Sims 3's freedom, but depending what your wife wants out of The Sims, she might want 4.

sims 3 runs like shit. Just get her 4 even then that game lags, but it's at least playable

You can't play sims 3 with all the expansions, the game is so poorly optmized it will run at smoothly 2fps with freezes every millisecond. Seasons is the best expansion imo

>Actually played sims 3 with EVERYTHING on it (exp, stuff packs, store content (except the katy perry pack fuck her)

Needless to say, i enjoyed the game save for the 1 hour loading, travelling and saving prompts

After a few weeks of playing though , it became unplayable

>And how every sim seems exactly the same despite different traits
Can't say I get the feeling. They could absolutely use more personality, but they definitely act upon their traits. Active Sims constantly try to do Sports, for example.

>there seems to be no downside to any choices you make
Has that ever really been a thing in 1 and 2? I mean, outside of the "Pick one and get fucked randomly" Job events.

>why didn't they do it like sims 2 and add taxis or cars.
No idea, that's fucking retarded. Making a bunch of Car models couldn't have taken that much time.

pls go back to digg

- Every expansion is half-baked shit missing things it really shouldn't (last I checked you still can't even fucking make money working barista or bar despite having the option to take over and work at it).
- New emotion/multitask system and lack of unique trait interactions makes everyone feel samey as fuck and walk around with a dopey annoying as fuck smile all day.
- Takes 120 dollars worth of expansions to get half the content of one Sims 3 expansion (Nightlife)
- Lighting system is complete ass
- Lots of new content just feels like recycled code.

>NOSE

Not OP, but what are the "must haves" to get from the sims 3 store?

One of the later expansions in Sims 2 (I forget which one) lets you age up three townies your main sim knows when he/she ages up.

The bakers oven

>my wife

if your wife isn't use to playing games or is looking for a more casual experience, 4
otherwise 3

Just pirate all of 4 as it is now desu.

2 is still the best however.

Sims 1 and 2 are really hard to find, at least in my experience. They're both not on steam or gog or anything and the torrents I've found are kind of wack.

I'd just get 3