Just started the Steins;gate 0 vn

Just started the Steins;gate 0 vn.
Any visual novels that you guys have recently started?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/438130/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So far im enjoyng steinsgate 0

I also started 0 pretty recently post more christina now

Looking forward to the new utawarerumono that's coming out in the next couple weeks, the first one was great. I hope it's actually 70 hours like it's advertised

I completed all routes of 0 a few weeks ago, very enjoyable.

Maho best girl

>

0 is shit, sorry.

TINA JANAI!

Same with me, except I finished it a few months ago. Came to the same conclusion.

Maho is indeed a best.

Not really. I rarely try them. But maybe someday.

Fate/hollow ataraxia

Second cycle so far, it severely lacks REJOICE

Why did they change her hair to be red?

You like Damnmit Ronpaul, so what's the deal?

>all these anons that started S;G0
Please don't expect TOO much from it...

Looks red in the anime but still considered brown. They do this sometimes in anime. An example is Holo from spice and wolf looks like she has red hair but it's actually brown.

That incest meme vn, it's shite and needlessly complicated.

I-I don't know.

What's the saddest vn you've played? For me it's brass restoration.

Still one of the better time travel stories out there. So many ruin themselves by choosing to ignore paradoxes until they become necessary to the plot.

Give me a better answer than that, Ace.

I'm playing through Umineko's first 4 episodes

Game could have been amazing if it allowed me to input ANYTHING. It could have been setup like Ace Attorney, but nope. Completely a visual novel. Story isn't too bad though.

Do you guys get a legit copy (if available) or do you just diwnload it online

Nah.

I bought it for my vita, it came with a nice artbook.

Legit if there's a localised version, they seem to be pretty cheap anyway

Probably Kara no Shoujo.

Started Root Double, but I already feel myself losing interest.

That the detective one?

Morenatsu.

store.steampowered.com/app/438130/
Rescue squad captain. There's a second route, but I don't think that guy's a detective.

Is Root Letter shit?

I love her feet

Ah ok. Now i am on the detective train of though. Maybe i will look for a good detective vn... eventually

>Steins;gate 0
Such a disappointment compared to the first game. Was still worth the read though even with its many flaws.

KURISTINA's hair color is modified by the amount of dr. pepper that has been recently consumed; the more drunk, the more powerful and red she grows

Something that I can't quite decide is to refer to vns as something you read or something you play, since in most cases it is interactive but still something you enjoy via reading.

Japs are fuckin colorblind.

Is closer to a play script where you get to shout at the main actor to do something every now and again.

Just with limited options based on the current situation of the story

Just about done with Grisaia so I'm on to something new soon. Next on my list is probably Euphoria, Princess Evangile, or Wagamama High Spec depending on which goes on sale first.

I try to buy legit when I can. Now that we're actually getting a lot of VNs I'd like to support them.

I have both S;G 0, Hollow Ataraxia and Dies Irae ready to go but I'm not ready yet. When I start reading VN I do nothing else till I finish them.

Is dies irae any good?
It's getting an anime next season.

gross

Fan translators always beat official releases to the punch, so typically I dont bother buying. I do buy the shit with actual gameplay in it, like Zero Escape and ace attorney.

The Witcher 3
I hate them fighting and horse riding mini games, tho

Everything is gross user.

Do you like chuuni stuff? If so then you might like it. If you don't then you will hate it.

Except for you.

>Hollow Ataraxia
You might as well doing everything else first and wait for the voice patch that is in the works (apparently it has had some real progress and is not far from being done).

VIDEO GAMES

Amagami translation when?

thanks.

If you want to read the most unadulterated chuuniwank ever to exist, sure.

Let's try summoning the autistic Diesfags to keep this thread alive

F/SN > Dies Irae
Kotomine > Kristoff
Marie route > Rea route

Pretty sure summoning fatefags would work far better. Though you also get the downside of having fatefags around.

I kinda want to start one but it's too hot to do anything and classes are about to start again. Why is life so hard bros.

recently started the original "steins gate". and also was playing "Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People-" but put sekien on the back burner for steins gate.

I liked Sekien for its dark world but after 10 hours in it started turning a lil to cheery for me.

Did you like Grisaia? I wanted to start those but it just looks like another high school harem VN

Grisaia is a complete garbage VN that only gets praise from newfags who read as one of their first since it was translated fairly recently. It's basically the YMK of the 2010s.

Pick something sort then. Something like Saya no Uta or Dra+Koi.

I liked it quite a bit. The common route is really long and mostly just slice of life and dumb comedy and was great. The different routes for the girls are much shorter in comparison. Just have Makina left to do now. I would say that you should probably save Amane's route for last since I thought it was the most interesting.
It pretty much is just a high school SoL comedy and nothing really special but it's pretty solid all around.

Keep the Kruisu dump
i need to expand my folder

playing fate/stay night. first vn ever

I want to start euphoria to see why some here like it, but I don't like scat, rape, or any weird stuff like that so there are times where I'm reluctant to play it

Been playing Noble Works and If my Heart had Wings. Both are good, but I liked the h-scenes in the former better.

Still waiting for the third Grisaia game.

You guys should play Chaos;Child too, I hear it's pretty good!

I've read Saya but not Drakoi, thanks for the rec. I recently finished Danganronpa 1 and now I'm doing the School Mode to get all the report cards but I'm not really enjoying the buildan minigame.

WHERE ARE THE JAPANESE SHAMAN GIRL

I have, it was really good except the routes were a bit of a let down. Figuring out who the killer was before the reveal was very fun. Very different from Chaos;head in regard to tone and not nearly as spooky.

House in Fata Morgana

I've been spoiled on the killer and possibly the victim of the boxes murder
Will I be fine?
Also how would you rate the Hana route when comparing it to Chaos;Head?

I dunno, I think the ending was a bit too optimistic for me to consider FM the saddest VN I've ever played.

I kind of agree, but it's only VN that has made me legit cry apart of the ending of Umineko
Also I wasn't expecting a happy ending , I expected both Giselle and Michel to die in the mansion at the very end, so until the credits I was just extremely sad at how hard everyone had gotten fucked over by fate

Cool, I will leave it for last then.

Grisaia is pretty much high school harem but the girls have some kind of trauma.
Its not that bad but I guess its not really worth going through the longest common route.
Only reason I read it was because we had threads on Sup Forums when it was fantranslated years ago.
And best girl Michiru was drawn by Monogatari artists and voiced by one of my fav VA.

If you want harem VN then Majikoi is your best option.

>spoiled
That sucks, I think you'll enjoy it anyway though. I think its getting released in english pretty soon.
The Hana route was fucking balls to the wall crazy, it felt very similar to chaos;head's last few scenes near the end. Hard to compare just one route to the entirety of chaos;head though, especially because the side routes aren't particularly long, the most memorable parts of the game I feel were in the common and final routes.

I've downloaded KARAKARA and will start it tonight.
I played the first Steins;Gate myself recently, really gud.

I loved steins;gate it's one of the two VNs I managed to finish
How is 0? Is it better, worse, same or different? I don't want to ruin the taste SG left with retcons and stuff

It's possible, the first game ended so abruptly that...wait, why am I ready to waste $49.99 on that game again?

okay, thanks user!
looking forward to reading it.

It's worse but i think you should read it anyways Maho is pretty cool

Worse, but S;G was awesome so the bar was pretty high
but is not a bad VN, read it i would give it a 7/10
and the anime is almost here so yeah read it

Worse, its 90% bad SoL scenes with a really forced character that nobody except the writers care about and just like that pic about lighting, whenever she isn't onscreen people start asking where is she
The 10% of plot is contradictory and the timetravel fuckery is left unexplained, with many huge timeskips
The art is bad too with multiple artstyles clashing
Only Maho and Leskinen save the VN from a 3/10 and bring it to a 5/10
A really hype scene and the soudntrack probably makes it a 6 or 7 out of 10

0 just follows Okabe in the instance where he gives up and remains on the Beta worldline, so it's all kept completely separate without any retcons; all or does is add to the original arc. I thought it was pretty great, it's high points are far better than anything in S;G and are genuinely brilliant. There's about the same amount of SoL as there was in S;G to begin with, but because you've already been well acquainted with the characters and dynamics, which was present in the first arc for plot purposes, it comes off as really stunted and unnecessary. I thought it was just a little bit better than the original, it's absolutely worth reading through.

I disagree. The game felt very disjointed, and was a slog to play as a result. The ending also left much to be desired as it ended too abruptly. Not to mention the villains were laughable and had some of the worst scenes in the games, especially Reyes.

*in the game

I totally disagree with you
They had a million of interesting plot points they could have focused on, but instead they dropped all of them (including Amadeus, what the fuck were they thinking) and focused on Kagari and needlessly retcon parts of the story so she can become the most important character

I recently started "playing" Euphoria and can't believe some people pay $45 for this garbage
Feels like 95% of their budget went into fetish scene dubs and the rest into graphics/story/gameplay

Kagari ended up such a pointless character. You could remove her from the VN and it wouldn't really change much plot wise and if anything would probably improve it with better pacing and less side pointless sidetracked plotlines.

The two biggest issues I had with S;G0 were like the other user said, it had a lot of slice of life segments which aren't necessarily a bad thing, but the amount was unneeded given that we got to know the characters well in S;G which made it sort of drag on and since it's the beta world line you already know how the story ends up so it sort of makes the whole story inconsequential since you already know the ending before you start.
Some of the high points were pretty good and I did like it overall though. Seeing suffering Okabe was great.

I like it quite a lot, it's got some very, very comfy locations and music.

And at the price it goes for now I say try it.