MELEEFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH HAHAHAHAHA

MELEEFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH HAHAHAHAHA

Fuck
Yes

Calm down.

EVO is already on suicide watch.

All it has is Melee and SF.

I think a lot of the community was expecting this. It's not a huge deal.

Good

Fucking autists need to move on already.

This looks like a job for some ICONS. They'll save EVO.

The smell is still there, though

FINALLY!!!

This is probably the funniest post on Sup Forums right now.

Now if only Smash 4 could go as well.

Not a fighting game. Also, Dead on Arrival.

We have tournaments like genesis and big house all the time. Evo has been a fucking joke recently.

Also

>bo3

Woah thanks for telling me OP, I didn't see that coming.

literally the end of an era. Thank fuck.

>w-we have literal fucking who tournaments
LOL

If Melee isn't at Evo next year I would be so happy.

>this kills the Melee
About fucking time

>user supports sellouts which try to get themselves on ESPN and mainstream media

>Third highest entry
>Second highest viewership
>Most unique entrants
Weird. If I was a money grabbing jew, I wouldn't get rid of Melee, but rather BlazBlue, or KoF. I assume the idea is that Dragon Ball will get a spot and they don't want two Smash games on there, which makes sense to me.
Either way, Melee survived for over a decade without EVO and there are still other majors that are better suited for the game. The game is going to die off eventually anyway, but not being at EVO isn't vital.

>this will kill melee
never ever baby

>implying eSports are bad
Go away nerd.

What does Uniques mean?

>he doesn't know what genesis is

You must not follow the smash scene

Smash 4 will still be at evo then? shame

>implying I give a fuck about EVO
Schadenfreude, retard

Nothing makes me more happy than Melee autists getting kicked out of EVO

Uniques are entrants that only entered for one game
ergo, more people at the event compared to, say, people who joined GG and MVC

People who only enter that game. For example, roughly half the people who entered SFV also entered some other game.

what about sex?

That's sad.

>The Smash scene
Nah, if I wanted to follow those kinds of people I'd just read the CWC wiki.

>You must not follow the smash scene
No, I don't follow a scene for autists, furries, and manchildren.

>non evo melee tournaments
>huge

You're already crying because nintendo won't give you money.

And nothing of value was lost. Let them do thier own thing elsewhere.

>Screencap of Smash 4 player's twitter
>No sources whatsoever
>People are so obsessed with wanting Melee to die that they take it as fact

this
nobody loves a game more than meleefags love melee

KoF is no doubt getting cut. BB is getting replaced with BBxTB. DBFZ is getting in for sure. MvCI is getting in for sure. SFV and Sm4sh are on lock as the most recent games in their respective series. T7 is the token 3D game. Injustice 2 will stay because of NRS money. The questions then become A) Does GGXrd stay because it had great entries and tons of international comp or does it get cut and B) Is there a wildcard slot again? If Xrd stays and there's a wildcard, Melee might get cut. If one of those doesn't happen, Melee is fine.

EVO's going to get Dragonball. That will carry the event for the next ten to twenty years.

Yeah, all five or so people who will actually get good at it will surely draw crowds.

Thank God.

Dota 2 > Melee

Oh.

How is that a positive?

Reason people hate Smashfags is cause they only play Smash.

Good, go away and play your game by yourselves. If you're not gonna integrate yourself into the community, then you do not belong here.

It's essentially SFV cucks annoyed that other communities didn't have to play garbage because it's the most recent version and a few tekkenfags who are pissed off that a 16 year old partygame consistently beats them in popularity, competitiveness and viewership

>Third highest entry
>Second highest viewership
>First most smelly players
Take a shower.

Honestly I'd be pretty pleased if EVO dropped melee.
Then maybe EVO can fucking die already and make way for smaller less corperate tourneys.
It's not like the smash scene is going to care. The people who play it will host tournaments in someone's basement if they have too.

Nintendo has never given the Melee scene any real support. People have learned to live without it. They play Melee because they like playing Melee.
What would happen if Capcom dropped support for SFV? It'd die off. This actually happens every time a new SF game is made. Even if people agree that the new game is significantly worse, they have to play it because that's where the money's at.
Capcomrades really are the worst of the FGC. Respect to the people who still support ST, 3S and USFIV though.

please stop being inflammatory to the people that just explained...you asked...

the reason it's good for the event is because there's reason to hold that game "over" others, because it'll get more people paying to play, bigger crowds etc

whether or not its good for evo as a community event isnt something i can speak for, thats more theoretical

Nintendo gives us money for pretty much every major

Just last week Nintendo was spamming their ads at super smash con

melee isn't a fighting game. You don't see gran turismo being played at evo because it's not a fighting game.

Melee was top 10 in twitch viewership last year. Genesis got over 100k viewers in GFs.

Dragonball could always flop. It looks sick as hell and the fact that it's developed by ArcSys is a plus, but just look at MvCI...

>all these autists holding onto their nintendo party game and pretending like it's a serious fighting game

sorry guys I can't play in this tournament. My controller with a 1/50 defect is broken so I can't abuse it to """play"""

Smashfags are trying to hold EVO ransom or some shit by saying that they'll all stop coming to the tournament once it's gone. 72% of melee players don't have any reason to come to EVO now.

Then I hope you don't follow esports at all, it's all like that

How do you think this picture smells, anons?

>consistently beats them in popularity, competitiveness and viewership
This has never happened. I love Melee, but SF has always been at the top of popularity. Viewership or entrants.
If you're referring to Twitch viewership being lower than Melee(which I'm not sure was the case) it would mainly be due to the game being broadcasted on ESPN. When taking those numbers into account, SFV absolutely shits on all other games at EVO, Melee included.
Though, for a 16 year old party bash 'n' smash game with no support from its developer, it's pretty impressive.

I love melee so much but the 'new' generation of players suck. They want to change the controller and how it works when its been fine for 16 years, and instead of the Back room the 'council' that votes on the ruleset is just 5 commentators who suck at the game

I guess I'm kinda happy at this news, less god worship in the community is good

>people acting smug and superior
>then you remember that you're posting on Sup Forums so you're still a failure in one way or another
Not even a meleefag, but watching you guys get a big head because of this is kind of sad

There was a mario kart competitive scene at EVO before.

smells like fun to me

They were super butthurt about EVO Japan not having Melee even though the biggest Melee tournament that ever happened in Japan couldn't even match the numbers KoF got at EVO this year, yet Smash players are quick to shit on KoF and BB for having low player turnout.

a hot limburger tuna melt

Like rancid ass, but that smell seems to be universal to any location where people play Melee

He said Tekken for that part

Melee in Japan is dead, any smash related stuff there is just tr4sh

like teen spirit

The controller was literally never fine though, everyone was just too shit at the game to notice that the controller was shit.

>Smashfags are trying to hold EVO ransom
What is this delusion? Who is saying this and why is it a problem? I thought Melee needed EVO, not the other way around. If Meleefags simply leave after having their game removed, wouldn't that be a good thing?
Someone explain this to me. Is Melee insignificant or not?

Like sticking your head in a bag of unwashed gym clothes that was covered in cheese and then left outside in the sun for a week

why do smash players have difficulty with hygiene?

Being at EVO does not make a game a fighting game. Catherine was played at EVO.
But, I don't expect you to know what a fighting game is either.

Melee doesn't need EVO, but smashfags want the $$$ so they don't want to get kicked out.

Well, you know how Smashfags are: childish mentally.

Good. Maybe now that shit game will die.

good night Sup Forums.
can't wait to watch shine with you next weekend!

Because they're children and autists running on nothing but nostalgia because they couldn't cut it with a game that was built as a competitive fighter from the start.

How does a game die?

Well they do smell

i haven't been to these events, is there really a smell problem or is it just the EVO attendees have abnormally large noses for the rest of the gaming community?

Shine's next weekend? Fuck. I'm busy. I wanted to get drunk and hang out in the tourney threads again.

YAS QUEEN

Wow a game slower than smash 4

Genesis got 110k viewers. More than a few evo tourneys.

This is fine, melee has gotten big enough to host its own tournaments. The community probably doesn't even care because of the Saturday slot thing. Give the new slot to some shitty anime fighter.

They need the smell to throw off whoever they're playing against

Smell is absolutely a disproportionate problem with smash players.
It's not literally everyone, but it's certainly a trend.

When the player base dwindles until it lacks players

should of explained, they want to reprogram the controller so that certain tech is easier

I think you misinterpreted what I meant.
Smashfags think Melee is significant, which is why they think they've been betrayed instead of replaced. EVO may or may not lose money in the end from dropping Melee, but EVO is a fighting game tournament first and foremost, and doesn't need Melee.

If you said a rts I'd believe you but your full of shit

>fighting games

Lmao, literally OCD games
Seek therapy and play better vidya

mew2king smells really bad, can confirm because I friendlied him once

In Melee's case, it will die when the "game gods" run out of deliberately defective Gamecube controllers that allow them to perform certain moves they otherwise could not do.

>If you're not gonna integrate yourself into the community, then you do not belong here.
>the fighting game """"""community"""""""

i laugh every time

I have a challenge for you. All of you really.
Without side-stepping or otherwise weaseling your way out of it, can you answer the following question?
What is a fighting game?
Just give a short answer. It shouldn't be that hard.

Good. The community are a fucking cancer and are entitled as fuck

Any game that is not Melee lmao

Honestly, EVO used to be fucking fun to watch but now it's filled with corporate shilling, especially ESPN. I remember Sup Forums getting triggered when someone here said they refuse to get sponsorship if it means censoring your own character. 100% shilling right there.

>mid set coaching is now allowed EXCEPT ON STREAM

Mr wizard don't even know what he's doing

I can never get bored of melee

If Nintendo was smart they would make a true sequel to it with jump grabs diagonal throws and new shit

Good.

Smash Brothers isn't a fighting game. Its players are man children who can't play without their malfunctioning controllers.
They also smell bad.