Was I supposed to see this guy as a villain? I just finished ARR and he seemed pretty reasonable to me

Was I supposed to see this guy as a villain? I just finished ARR and he seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

fflogs.com/statistics/17#boss=46
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2015/short_stories/#sidestory_04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The real villain is 2.0-2.5 in general. I dont know how Square thinks they can get more subs when the pre-Heavansward content is so bad.

No. He's basically a Power Ranger villain. Remember that Final Fantasy is basically a shounen anime/sentai.

I'm waiting for que the last one now

You were supposed to see him as a guy who would've been on your side in any other circumstances. Because that was exactly the case in 1.0 when he helped the hero try and stop the Calamity.

How the fuck do I play machinist right? I'm 69 and any other dps destroys my numbers even when i use all my abilities correctly

>lost a roll on roborant to a shitter in unmelded gear
>but got 2 aiming pieces for my bard
I'd like to be upset about this but I really can't.

mch has the lowest damage of all dps right now. Just roll brd

So what do you all think the next two tiers of Omega are gonna be called? Betascape? Alphascape? Omegascape? Epsilonscape?

unsubscape

The real villain of ARR inside the Coil, so have fun with that.

Alphascape and Omegascape. Neo's three versions of Grand Cross are Delta, Alpha, and Omega.

>tfw already cleared this tier
GG Yoshi

fucking hell lads just passed an area were you dont have the mount speed boost

christ, dont know how people put up with that for 3 years

>mch has the lowest damage of all dps
lol no

>6th week of doing savage
>not a single damn piece of healing gear drops
>can't even win the upgrades,

fflogs.com/statistics/17#boss=46
well i'll be damned they are now the third worst dps. Doesn't matter tho brd,mnk,drg, and nin are still the speed comp

His literally a cock sucker.

>Not getting all speed boosts.
The fuck how autistic are you?

But he fucks his adopted daughter.

You can speed up your mount?

What happens when a primal dies? Where does the aether go? Is it gone forever?

They say about 10 times it literally goes back to the land

What hasn't already been burned up is returned to the land.

So the "burned up" aether is gone forever, then? Is the aether that gets burned up the aether the primal uses to continue existing, or the aether used in the summoning? Can someone controlling a primal with the Echo like Ysayle de-summon their primal at their own discretion, or was it only after getting their ass kicked they get auto-despawned? Could we learn to summon a primal so we could use it to suck up the aether of a "dead" Ascian a la Thordan and then just unspawn it immediately to avoid the pesky problem of having to carry around White Auracite and have an assload of land-aether available?

Does SMN ever get good? It'l like perpetually playing a level 30 Warlock in WoW.

Play SCH instead.

No it's boring forever. Enjoy a rotation with 30 second stretches of pressing only Ruin.

>256 hours of playtime
>still have a sprout icon

>So the "burned up" aether is gone forever, then?
Yeah. There's an entire region of Othard that is completely devoid of aether because primals were running around there for years before the Garleans encountered them.
>Is the aether that gets burned up the aether the primal uses to continue existing, or the aether used in the summoning?
The aether used in the initial summoning just creates the primal to begin with, and from that point on it needs to gradually consume more and burn more aether to continue existing. If it continues to exist, the amount of aether consumed grows exponentially.
>Can someone controlling a primal with the Echo like Ysayle de-summon their primal at their own discretion
Yeah, Ysayle only used aether when she was Shiva and could transform at will.
>Could we learn to summon a primal so we could use it to suck up the aether of a "dead" Ascian a la Thordan
Yes, and I actually thought that was going to be the plan from the moment we saw Leviathan eat that Sahagin Ascian. The only problem is that there would need to be nobody around that the primal could temper, and that it was a good primal like Ramuh or Susano.

primals are dramatic things that are supposed to require a metric fuck ton of emotion, focus & aether (usually in the form of crystals).
Short answer to basically every question you asked is no.

Fuck. I got memed by carbuncles.

SMN is shit now. Play a different class

They expect people to just buy jump/story skip potions.

it doesn't really matter user, he will never be seen or heard from again.

>Yes to everything
>No to everything
Okay.

Garleans are now the Uchihas of FF XIV.

Finish Heavensward already.

eh, he isn't dead anyway, he is elidibus now.

>one person offers examples in the lore for all the answers
>other one just says lol no

It IS a convincingly typed No.

>roborant
>bard
fuck no

but i did
do i have to finish dragonsong war too?

Is there another way to get rank VI materia besides cracked clusters?

Marketboard.

Do your daily hunts and buy them with centurio seals.

OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR A WHOLE NEW EXPAC OF DEALING WITH NEW WEABOO SELF INSERT CATS/LIZARDS THAT EITHER
>covers glowing eye angrily
OR
>slowly touches scar
EVERY FUCKING CUTSCENE

Are you okay, user?

>Meanwhile my left side is full 340 and 3/5 right side is 340

NO I'M ANGRY

ANGRY ABOUT CATS

Just finished Alexander's story line. So he's basically the strongest primal we have knowledge of, including Post-Dalamud Nuclear Punished Bahamut?

As you should be.

Yes, so powerful that he can't actually do anything without killing the planet. He was summoned with the same kind of relic that's sitting on Louisoix's staff. The one that drew enough aether to summon twelve primals at Carteneau.

Meh, he's just bluffing.

I main Paladin is the thing.
Stumbled upon a 7/8 group with three melees, and somehow won both against four of them.

>can't actually do anything without killing the planet.

But that's all primals, at least Alexander is aware of that

Other primals don't kill the planet immediately. They run around and blow shit up. Alexander can't use his abilities at all, and even lifting himself out of the lake was threatening to suck the Hinterlands dry. The whole point was that any action he took to try and save the world was going to end up killing it.

Har har.

>400 seals per

Fucking Hell I may as well keep tank spamming leveling shit.

So, we're not getting any news from gamescom?

you are getting a 14 hour stream in the first weekend of September, during that time there will be a live letter and an interview with the dude that made tatics... so no, you are not getting anything from Gamescon.

>lvl roulette, running the wall
>smn doesn't death flare
>or shadow flare
>or pain flare
>or anything that isn't miasma or ruin, not even bio and bane is right out
>"I don't know what to do, I'm new to this game"
>in the last dungeon of Heavensward

what I'm getting from this thread is that this game isn't fun at all

How many games have you thought fun after hearing Sup Forums talk about them?

Free Trial up to level 35 on PS4 and PC.

this is Sup Forums... there is no fun allowed on Sup Forums

the game can be fun... I am currently having a lot of fun as a pug... and being a pug is not supposed to be remotely fun. It is supposed to be an extremely shameful experience. I am getting faster clears than with my last static being a pug. I join I clear I leave, no memes, no questions, last time I cleared 02S the OT straight up hated me... got the clear and left, i never have to see him/her again, dont have to pretend to inform it on how the fight is actually done, nothing. Just clean clear got what I wanted and left... almost as good as what erp irl must be like.

Sonic Mania

the game is objectively bad until you get to the level 44 quest... why the free trial stops where it does (to me) works more against it than for it. Especially with how long it takes you to get there.

holy fuck i'm going through it right now. what were they thinking. the astral era quests are probably one of the worst things i've ever encountered in videogames.

if my friends weren't playing this i would have given up long ago. it's like 30 hours of garbage

Ishgard housing when?
Ishgard GC when?
New Ishgard Expansion when?
Ayylmeric Portrait when?
Favour System when?

I would LOVE for Ishgardians to have a heel turn, so we can have an evil playable race... Elezens in general are horrible people so it is not unlikely.

>break my rule and accept an invite to some random guild that invited me at level 7 or some shit
>they have buffs and a lot of members many of whom are active
>fast forward a week
>some dude in chat keep saying "rawr" all the time
>great a fucking furry in the guild
>wonder why they put up with it
>fast forward to today
>some dude talking about moving
>people saying they missed their "den mother"
>mfw
>realize I don't know shit about my guild
>check the FC tab
>most blatantly furfag guild title I've ever seen

This is not okay.

Jump and story skip potions, user.

these villains have no souls

>I am strong villain I have no time for you
>ok you defeated my army, still not strong
>you defeated my council, no matter they werent very strong
>okay you beat my first phase, but you cant beat THIS
>its at this very exact moment im realizing you are pretty strong and I may need to rethink things

its like being unprepared is the downfall of every FF villain

Finish my dinner with Aymeric when?

Yea, they'd give away the good stuff for free.

what difference does it make if a race is evil or not when there is no relevant faction system in the game?

>evil playable race
Lalas exist, tiny little jews

>Aymeric invites you back for a full dinner
>just when he's about to cut the Ishgardian Turkey Lyse busts in
>user OF LIGHT WE NEED YOUR HELP IN THESE PATCH QUESTS
>yfw

Gaius really couldn't have been prepared. There was no way for him to know the chosen snowflake of the planet itself was going to show up on his doorstep. He was all set to wave his Ultima Weapon around and force the city-states into a peaceful surrender.

He's so powerful he can turn into invisible diamonds at will.
Anime power creep is retarded. WoW is just as bad when it comes to that.

He's just another might makes right villain. Don't really see what people saw in him back when ARR was relevant.

>blm with genji weapon not using diversion on bosses in expert roulette

fuck off and die

two expansions in... it would not cost them much to let you go to 50... or let you start at 15 and only do story quests til the end of ARR. then when you buy in it unlocks those fetch quests, hall of novice etc.

>Throw Lyse off the bridge

>evil playable race
>what are Mhiggers

the empire did nothing wrong
Beast tribe savages deserve no mercy

Sure, sure.

>she returns a patch later

>not doing literally one aggro combo and then being able to drop tank stance completely for the rest of the fight
Why are tank mains so retarded

lalafells being what they are kind of works. it adds a sense of dread at times where otherwise it would mean nothing. It also would be cool to see Ishgard as a whole be antagonistic instead of apathetic. and give them a reason to be that way. It would add a ton of interest if the arch in HW didnt just have a "good end" since we wont get a real resolution to Ul'Dah why not?

Except their genocidal behavior pushing them into summoning the primals in the first place.

>since we wont get a real resolution to Ul'Dah why not?
There was a real resolution. na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2015/short_stories/#sidestory_04

How quick we forget the eye thing was done before.

allagans had red eye color. The glowing black/red thing is way different bud

Its like they HATE Ishgard despite it being the best city-state ever.

as a primal... then we are "forced" to work with the empire to kill her and the filthy AlaMighers

if all of the beastmen are dead they can't summon a primal now can they
the empire did nothing wrong

Japan also thinks hosting all servers on the west coast is a good idea so consider the source.

I died 20 yalms from an aoe in Deltascape tonight. Sub is up in 3 days and it's staying that way.

Will I get exp from anything past level 35 when I buy the main game? It says 0 xp now because i'm on the free trial.

Will I get all my wasted xp?