Remember when everyone shat on Bethesda because of horse armour? Something that nobody would bat an eye at today?

Remember when everyone shat on Bethesda because of horse armour? Something that nobody would bat an eye at today?
haha
ha
I hate this fucking decade.

I laughed my ass off when I saw TF2 crates. I thought valve was insane and no one would pay for that shit. I'll definitely never be rich, I don't understand how suckers think.

>buying games
>let alone dlcs

Some of the purchases are people hoping to resell them.
But yeah, I don't get most of it, either.

>dude whats the big deal its just some 5 dollar armor!
>it sets a dangerous precedent
>nothing gonna happen lmao this whole micro transaction and dlc thing will blow over! nobody is going to settle for anything less than a real xpac

That still implies there's a market for it man. I mean when they first announced it. I thought it would just 100% flop.

Wasn't it like 50 literal bucks for a single piece of horse armor?

I'm pretty sure people would bat an eye at that even today. Just like people bat an eye when some fag buys a purple hat in a multiplayer shooter for thousands of dollars.

is picasso alright
he looks bad

I opened 6 crates during the 10k burning flames TF craze. I just wanted to win the vidya lottery.
I got 8 ref in craft hats out of it, which was about 2 keys at the time, and swore never again.
I opened 2 during the invasion update and got 1.2 keys worth of ref back.

Not buying games is a large part of why we have DLCs.

we got a bad ass over here

no, it was $2

Nah more like 9 dollars or something.

No you fucking moron, it was 400 MS points, or 5 dollars for all the horse armor

DLC has largely been good for the industry though. In a time when games are more expensive than ever to make, it keeps prices from going up as they probably should. It allows developers distribute expansions easier. Cosmetic DLC is fun and allows people a higher degree of customization.

$2.50 on Xbox 360, $3 on PS3. When they lowered the price on all the other DLC they raised it to $5 on both consoles and expected nobody to notice. Only available on the PC as part of the Ultimate Digital Collector's (oxymoron?) Edition.

And not people who buys them? I bought tons of games in the past and still corporations raped all my favorite franchises.

Fuck off retard. If games are more expensive to make it's the fault of the developers and the developers alone. Games that came out before 2000 had more content than the crap we're fed now.

And bad DLC practices isn't gonna win over any paying customers either.

I stand corrected, then. Yeah, no one would bat an eye at that nowadays.

More games are being bought today than they ever were in decades.

Shifting consumer base isn't actually their fault. It's the demand for Hollyjew production value """"""""""""""cinematic experiences"""""""""""""".

>Ultimate Digital Collector's (oxymoron?) Edition
It's in the GOTY deluxe on Steam.

Budgets are nuts but so are customer expectations. People buy shit based on graphics or other garbage like that.

>Steam
Ah, I should have checked for a special Steam version. I don't use their service myself.
Will update the wiki page to reflect that.

Because making content costs money. Making a graphically intensive game is expensive. Paying people to create those high-res assets takes money. Testing takes money. Anyone within the industry in a Triple A capacity will tell you how prohibitively expensive an industry it is. It's either things are the way they are now, prices for games go up by at least $10, or the ambition of the big budget games industry takes a massive step back to lower costs. It's reality, and if you don't like it all you can do is vote with your wallet.

Piracy has nothing to do with DLC, it was wayyyyyy worse in the 80s and 90s. DLC exists because publishers and developers realized they could squeeze more money out of their customers for minimal effort. Also the faster internet connections were vital for easy distribution, without that DLC could not exist.

>I don't use their service myself.

You are not of the body!

that's not the consumers fault, it's the fault of hype train after hype train that publishers attempt to and usually successfully drum up

Most of the money goes into marketing

>put DLC on disc
>download is just a 12 character .txt
>can't make your own because dude consoles lmao

>Only available on the PC as part of the Ultimate Digital Collector's (oxymoron?) Edition.
This isn't accurate. Or maybe it is today, but not when it released. It was $1.99 on PC. Most of the other small DLC on PC were ten cents cheaper at $1.89 each except for Mehrunes' Razor which was $2.99.

Man you have to hold the consumer responsible at some point. Both parties are in the wrong imo. If you keep jumping on that train at some point I just don't feel that bad for you. I don't bother with trailers or advertising in a post Spore world.

>tfw mom takes you to the rental arcade with your ultra high capacity 4 GB (F O U R G I G) flash drive so you can buy and download DLC

I was just quoting the wiki for the PC part. I am but a lowly console peasant except my regular nongaymen laptop I sometimes gayme on. Forgive me.