Is morrowind the ultimate contrarian game? it literally has the worst gameplay in any rpg...

is morrowind the ultimate contrarian game? it literally has the worst gameplay in any rpg, the fact that it's a diceroll simulator under the guise of an action game is atrocious. there is nothing fun about constantly missing your swings even though the sword is clearly making contact with the enemy. why does Sup Forums enjoy games with garbage gameplay?

>complaining about an RPG having dice rolls
>calling anybody else a numale
I bet you complain about lives/continues in old games too.

I was going to tell you to get cancer, but after realizing you are mentally challenged and cannot grasp the greatness of Morrowind and its whole system, I have to conclude that you are cancer.
Filthy outlander.

It isn't under the guise of an action game though. I don't suck its dick like some of Sup Forums but it does have its good aspects. Morrowind is easy but fun, and has a good world with great quests. Also wouldn't the game being for numales mean they want newer, easier mechanics and games overall, not the ugly looking, archaic rpg that morrowing is

Those are both good games and only nu-males would disagree

t. nu male

t. underaged

t. mr. t.

REAL TIME games shouldn't have things determined by dice roll

it was a different time

[UNDERAGE DETECTED]

No we still like it because of nostalgia mostly. shouldn't you be doing your homework sonny?

i want more WOD games faggot eat shit

t

test

Wouldn't that disqualify any FPS with random spread?

Bloodlines is a good game and would have been an amazing game had it been finished and polished. Morrowind isn't my cup of tea but I don't treat others with contempt for liking it because I am an adult.

why?

>had it been finished and polished
rejoice the unofficial patch exists
oh wait you're that drone who can only repeat other people's opinions and don't have one of your own
VTMB WOULD HAVE BEEN AN AMAZING GAME HAD IT BEEN FINISHED AND POLISHED DUHHHHH
name a single game that is finished and polished by these standarts
fucking dumbass

There's a huge change in the way the game is played after you finish with Chinatown. It's just pure combat with nothing else, it's a huge shift from the rest of the game. I'm not saying you should've been able to use persuasion and win the final boss fight but you can tell the game isn't the same. I haven't noticed such a dramatic change in other games, even if they had similar issues of quality dropping halfway through, not like it does in VtMB.

Fuck off you absolute retard.

surely you have something better to do than whine on a polynesian portrait boardo

enjoy your thousands of replies

The game is buggy even with the patch and there's nothing you can say about it.

this is some premium bait desu

whats up, twat? you upset at strangers on Sup Forums? lawlfuckingsuaceusa

t. a pitied fool

You're the numale trying to look cool kiddo, no amount of projection or deflection will change that

starter pack memes are a foolproof way to spot a hopeless retard, even if you didn't have shit taste

t-(^_^t)

>have personal opinions built upon experience
>get called contrarian by plebs

smartest user in the thread

These are the games I grew up on. Morrowind and Vampire got me through high school. I'm guessing most of the other fans would say the same. Why nu-male? What does that have to do with anything?

nu-male is the new nu-male buzzword to say something I don't like, it used to be reddit, but since most of the nu-males on this board are closer to reddit than 4chin they're using nu-males like it doesn't apply to them to qualify everything that basically isn't nu-maleish.

Of course some folks are just going to lie about enjoying games. Others are going to think that liking these types of games will make them look cool. But some of us really appreciated what these games were about and grinding your sword skill for an hour isn't such a terrible trade-off to make for an interesting world to learn about, explore, and play in.

It's easier to start a thread that gets a lot of posts if you go overboard with your criticism and generate drama. It's a legitimate criticism to say the dice roll combat in real time isn't the best system, but if you say that and then throw in buzzwords like nu-male, go extreme in saying IT'S THE WORST GAME EVER, etc. you'll get a lot more posters. People like being upset over things like this, on some level.

You sound triggered. I bet you're a manlet

yes hello mister newfag with niggerspeak trip, can yous peak plain english please ?

It's not like Morrowind invented that concept. It was the fifth game in its series and the fourth to feature real-time dice roll combat. Going even further back, the series was heavily inspired by Ultima Underworld which was probably the first 3D action RPG ever, with dice rolls at the core of many mechanics including combat. Interestingly, Ultima Underworld actually had more similar melee combat to Morrowind than it did to any other TES game.

Diablo II was also very popular at the time and both Diablo games were very similar to Morrowind in that you had to click on enemies to attack them yet your accuracy was determined by dice rolls. When it released I remember a lot of people on forums describing Morrowind as a 3D Diablo, which is part of the reason I bought Morrowind in the first place. After playing it I now know that it was pretty fucking a pretty stupid comparison, but when it comes to the combat of the two series it wasn't too far off the mark. And it's nice that both Morrowind and Diablo II are among the very small list of real-time RPGs I've played that let me actually summon a literal army of minions. It's a shame later TES games only let you have one summon at a time.