So despite the big stink this board makes about region locking (or lack thereof)...

So despite the big stink this board makes about region locking (or lack thereof), have you actually imported any games for this thing yet? Do you plan to?

I've played the XX demo, and plan to buy it

You mean, you didn't buy Sonic Forces on the Russian eShop for 10 USD?

>Bough JP Shovel Knight at ~$8 cheaper than US price
>Will be buying eShop release of MHXX
I'm glad I have the option.

If we don't get any news on XX getting localized within the year, I'm probably buying that.

What?

I'll get the Senran Kagura "game" for sure.

I import all my games since I only play Japanese games in Japanese, and that includes all my switch games. It was nice to be able to buy a switch locally, especially with the shortage issues, but that's pretty much where the convenience ends. Region locking doesn't mean much to me since I'm only buying Japanese games anyway.

But what language do you play your games in?

I think he means Mania.

Mongolian

Does the Monhun XX demo count?

So far, I've got:

>Kamiko (before it released overseas)
>Disgaea 5 (before it released overseas)
>Puyo Puyo Tetris Demo
>Photon Cube
>Monster Hunter XX demo
>purchased a few Neo Geo games early like Sam Sho IV before they released overseas

Will definitely be purchasing both Senran Kagura Shinobi Refle and the Pinball game when they come out.

May get other games as they get announced if there is no localization planned provided the game doesn't require too much reading comprehension of Japanese to understand.

how is Photon Cube?

Fun but challenging for my brainlet self.

So far have barely cleared 1 world of puzzles.

Thinking about getting the Seiken Densetsu collection, but I'm a poorfag and I'm not sure if those games are going to hold my interes right now.

You could find out by downloading the roms

How do you dl demos from other regions?

The method I used was create separate emails for each region.

Then create Nintendo accounts, while creating the accounts, change the region of origin.

Then link those Nintendo accounts to new accounts that you make on your Switch and voila.

There's probably a guide that has pictures and better explains it but that's the gist.

Can you just put a JP cart into your system without making new accounts or would you have to do that regardless

Kind of opposite to the OP but is there a list of games which can use Japanese text in the American version? I heard that if you switch the UI language to Japanese it will switch certain games over to Japanese too. It'd let me play in Japanese and save money on shipping.

What are you going to import? I don't want to play BOTW in nipnong

>2017
>Still hasn't learned Japanese
embarrassing

I know it, I'm still not playing a game I can get in English in a language that's a bit of a chore to read.

The only way to make it less of a chore is to continue doing it

If the US release of taiko is delayed or lacks some DLC or something I'll buy the JP version

Not much else has caught my eye.

Play-Asia is getting me my MHXX two days after release to tide me over till World

There's a billion kanji and I can't remember half of the ones I've seen.
I like speaking it, but reading or writing is bullshit.

You can do that.

You can play Japanese games with non-Japanese accounts and vice versa.

DLC might be locked to particular regions' games however (buy Japanese version of game, you must buy Japanese version of DLC).

Super Bomberman R and Zelda before the multi audio patch do this.

It's on a per game basis however as Puyo Puyo Tetris doesn't include the Japanese audio in the English releases.

I imported I Am Setsuna for it since it's the only English physical copy I can find.

Are you going to get the physical copy of Lost Sphear too? To my knowledge you can only do so through Square's website.

Probably going to import FE Musou for obvious reasons.

I did not know there was going to be an english physical copy. If there is I will be purchasing it.

>Got Disgaea 5 early thru JPN E-shop
>Got the MHXX demo thru JPN E-shop
Guess so. Also, being able to watch Japanese trailers of Japanese games without fear of dubs is nice (i.e. Xenoblade 2).

you'll have to preorder it

Thanks for the heads up, looking into it now.

Going to get DQ XI when it comes out on switch.

Would it generally be a safe bet with simultaneous releases?

It'll probably have a simultaneous release on Switch

I hope so.
Otherwise I'd probably get the Seiken Densetsu collection and some future titles.

I wonder if the Switch version of DQX will also have the IP ban

Probably more likely than not.

You could also try your hand on google to see if anyone else attempted it before you.

I know some games even have it in their advertisement that they have multi-language support such as Fate Extella.

I'm going to import the Seiken Densetsu Collection if Square-Enix doesn't announce a localization within three months of its release. We all need more Mana in our lives.