Was it really "that" bad?

Was it really "that" bad?

Casually, it's the best one. There's tons of features. And SE.

It's fun to play casuals but it's a bad game.

as good as the 3ds version, never played the wiiu/switch version, liked the story mode thing they introduced was okay

Not a lot of people have played the switch version so you're not that far behind still user

it's fun if you're an idiot like most people, but it's an objectively bad game

It's really fun, just not competitively.

I enjoyed it. It's not exactly bad, it's just that besides the Subspace Emissary, Smash Wii U is objectively better in literally every regard.

>Brawl looks very grey and washed out, Wii U is very bright and colorful and characters look more like themselves
>Wii U is balanced better
>It has a smaller selection of characters, only a few got chopped from Wii U
>Feels a lot less fast and smooth
>Overall feels lower quality

It wasn't bad at all. My biggest problem is the wii mote controls, but you can swap out with other controllers

Subspace emissary was fun.
wish the latest one had some sort of campaign setting

casual play yeah
competitive wise no
>mk
>snake hitboxes
>Icies chaingrabs
>diddys banana shenanigans
>falco laser/chaingrabs

I actually had more fun times with Brawl than melee. Had no idea that it was regarded as "bad" until I went on online forums,

as long as you play it non competitively, its a solid 9/10

>god tier roster
>create your own stages
>Subspace emissary
>good feeling controls
>lots of stages

fuck tripping tho

It felt nice partly because it was also made as a celebration of a ton of old nintendo games. We'll never have a smash with as many old tunes and throw-backs again.

Remember that the opinions of a forum are only that, opinions. It's okay to hold separate beliefs

It has Dacus, and Dragonic Reversal. otherwise I don't miss the game much

I agree with Brawl looking too washed out, but I don't think the characters "looking more like themselves" is that good of a thing in Wii U. It's like the game as a whole has no consistent art style to put everyone in. Melee had a nice plastic action figure look, which I think worked well on a lot of characters, but shit on a few (like bowser). Brawl had the realistic art style, which would've looked decent if they used better colors. Wii U doesn't really have its own art style though.

I loved it when I was younger but today my Brawl disc only ever gets used to launch Project M.

It was a follow-up to the greatest game of all time it was doomed from the start

I always thought it was pretty good, but I'm no competitive smash player. Tripping was fucking stupid though and I wasn't a fan of the more realistic/darker look to some of the characters.

I wish Smash 4 had something like Subspace Emissary too.

It reminds me of a simpler time. I used to have all nighters with this and my friends. And still can if someone brings it.

Meanwhile we each can't stand more than 2 hours of 4.

Me too

After the travesty of Smash 4, not really

yep. its a legit successor to melee in nearly every way except the physics/mechanics. much better than 4 imo. 4 lacks vision and doesn't feel like it was made with the same passion as 64/Melee/Brawl. melee is still the king, but if you play purely for fun, brawl is arguably better. if you want something more involved, 64/melee are the only way to go.