Nidhogg 1 over 700k copies

>nidhogg 1 over 700k copies
>nidhogg 2 under 14k copies

less than 2% player retention from 1 to 2, even accounting for nidhogg 1 being in a humble bundle, means its a huge failure

what does playtime total mean?

having a putrid pile of garbage for character designs tends to do that

wasn't nidhogg a part of numerous humble bundles, on top of being on sales for close to nothing?
it's obvious 1 would have a lot more owners

those youtube stats, tho
>literal meme game

didn't they change the artstyle specifically to bait for youtube views?

literally no advertisement will do that. i bet you can ask everyone who owns nighogg if they knew there was a sequel and all of them would say no

who the FUCK thought this was a good idea?

>comparing a game that's been included in various bundles, sales, and offers and has been around for over 3 and a half years to a game that just came out
>on a site that doesn't track playercounts of brand new games properly
Nice job you dumbass. I'm not even choosing sides here. You're just being blatantly biased.
I'll personally buy it but probably only if they add a classic skin pack

Ah here we go again, comparing an old game that's been on bundles and a ton of sales with a brand new game.

guys I just figured it out
they're supposed to look like 2 year old babies with shit in their diapers

Are you the same faggot that posted that image in a similar thread 7 hours ago? Mr "HERP DERP I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 2006 BUT STILL POST LIKE I'M FROM NEOGAF"?

seems like one of those games that should have just gotten updates instead of sequels, is there even a story?

what exactly is new in the sequel? it looks like it plays the exact same but now with blob characters

>3 years of sales humble bundles and holidays
>A week of being sold at full price

Gee, I wonder why the lifetime sales numbers are so different.

Online play and new weapons are probably the most notable.

Nidhogg one got a lot of attention, I think it was showcased at some tourneys and stuff, I never saw anything about 2 anywhere.

>memegame featuring teletubbies
>doesn't sell

lol, the indie bubble is popping

I won't deny that Nidhogg 2 is a huge disappointment and terribly ugly.

But we've known that Nidhogg 2 was made ridiculously ugly for about a year already. That's old news.
I don't really understand the shocking kneejerk reaction.

Honestly, were it not for the slower post rate, I'd have moved to /vr/ wholesale. This exact mentality has singlehandedly killed whatever shred of quality Sup Forums had left

>there is more owners of a 3+ year old game than an 8 day old one
wow thanks op you are good at using your brain

Well nidhogg has been out for forever. And it it's quite a simple and distilled experience.

Memes rarely works 2nd times,
And nidhogg was a meme hip game at that time.

fixed

You'd almost think OP was the developer trying to low key advertise their game.

10/10

On a per-day average, the sequel is selling twice as good.

nidhog has also been on countless sales and humble bundles
why are you retarded op?

It's literally just the characters,
the environment and gameplay are both great.

But when your original game is famous for it's simplistic yet effective art-style, you can fuck up everything by changing that.

It's a shame, because I can imagine the old characters with their realistic animations in the Nidhogg two really easily.

How do I find Nidhogg 1 players? Everytime I go to match making NO ONE is on.

I bet most people who own nidhogg 1 would be surprised to find out they own it. Both were trash but the first one was free at some point.

Having bought nidhogg 2 recently I personally believe the first is far far better even despite its simple graphic style (which I also prefer over 2)

1 feels much better to play and it's clearer to distinct characters close up, moves such as sliding and hopping feel much more fluid and responsive than 2 which feels ragdoll as fuck

I also dislike the new weapons in 2, sure its a new feature but they add so little to the game and half you'd rather chuck and try to get one of the swords instead. I also don't like how they basically copied the same levels from 1 but made them worse with over adding useless details. Oh and they removed a bunch of the fun multiplayer features like boomerang swords and low gravity for some reason

Regardless back on topic OP nidhogg sold like shit originally too, compare like for like for an equal day range, nidhogg sold a shit load long after release from promos on psn and a far cheaper price compared to 2

>all these desperate faggots trying to defend the artstyle

nidhogg 1 has been on sale for like a dollar many many times. Also nidhogg 2 is focused more on it's console ports. I've seen much more marketing for it than the PC release so I wouldn't be surprised if the meat of it's sales are there too.

I really like 2's art on everything but the characters. The map selection screen is notably attractive. Gameplay is different enough to be able to pick it right up without it feeling like a clone. Even the different weapons were pleasantly suprising. You really don't prefer a single weapon over any other. It's really just a fun game.

I wasn't looking forward to this game based on what we saw before it was released, but after deciding to give it a whirl I was not disappointed.