I am going to regret this, probably

I am going to regret this, probably.

Other urls found in this thread:

terra-arcanum.com/forums/index.php?threads/arcanum-high-resolution-patch-version-1-5-release.23169/
youtube.com/watch?v=ftvpi-6Z6qw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Carry Weight: 4000
Holy shit!

>+4, -6 stats

sounds like a bad deal

Is this okay if I want to use tech and guns as my primary weapon and don't want to touch magick?
Also have one point in firearms and learned to craft a simple healing item.

I think the + 2 perception is permanent shere as the minus stats and the +2 str only get triggered in the dark(during a panic attack).

Trash cans are your best friend. Make a lot of molotovs.

I haven't touched this game or any CRPG in 10 years. I am going to be so fucked.

Invest a little bit in melee weapons, it would be suck if you run out of ammo because you will miss a lot. But maybe perception bonus will mitigate that.

Remember to save your dynamite for shopkeepers.

>Move time to night
>Wait till they go to bed and follow them through the door
>Plant dynamite on them while they sleep
>Stand back and enjoy the fireworks

This game was good, but any dungeon was boring

*blocks your path*

I loved this game when I was growing up. Had everything from the most intelligent orc to vorpral bunnies that can cast disintegrate.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thought I should do that, but it's too late now.
I've bought a knife just in case though. Probably won't be able to use it.

Og fug, now I remember

>all that eyesore of color
Go fix that shit now.

I got the same visual problems, I wanted to replay the game, but those kept me from it.

Wasn't that bad with the necromantic black harm spell. Just had to wait a lot.

>Room with two ore golems

werks on my machine :^)

piece of cake with harm and tons of mana pots

Played a tech and guns run before. It's doable but your damage will fall off compared to other builds. Investing in melee is recommended.

nvm fixed it ;^)

My nVidia card was fucking with the game, just changed every setting to 'controlled by application' for Arcanum.

Are you using the GOG version? Compatibility mode maybe? I thought I had the same problem so I reinstalled, but it just works. If everything else fails try a program called Dxwnd. There's a preconfigured profile for Arcanum. That should work.

I got it fromthe images of my physical version.

Well fug.

Well yeah harm is easy mode, so of course it's easy this way.

Be sure to download the recently updated High Resolution Patch. It also includes a fix for graphics glitches.

terra-arcanum.com/forums/index.php?threads/arcanum-high-resolution-patch-version-1-5-release.23169/

This game didn't age that well IMO, tbqhwyf.

Just play Pillars...

Tab out of game, open task manager end the explorer, do not close the task manaer, and tab into the game again.
If you want your explorer back just create a new tast and write explorer.

Helped to fix the same bug in AoE2 fgor me.

When i played it as a kid, this is where i got stuck i had no idea what i had to do.

vidya?

Actually Arcanum's problem is that it's using DirectDraw, a pretty old API that's been deprecated since Windows 8. You have to download a wrapper, like DDrawCompat and put the DLL file into your Arcanum folder.

Basically the same issue as the non-enhanced versions of BG and IWD. Tons of 2D isometric games were DDraw based.

Arcanum

see pic

Step on all the plates in the same order as the mural.

What other CRPGs have good combat and guns?

man this game has such a great theme.
I need to play it again

My brother of Nubian descent.
youtube.com/watch?v=ftvpi-6Z6qw

Shame that Arcanum 2 was cancelled.

Are you implying that Arcanum has a good combat?

>pick idiot savant to get he special responses while having quite high intelligence at the same time
>barely anyone recognises it and it's more restrictive than funny
Playing as Malk in VtM:B wasn't that punishing.

That is not the answer to my question you fucking retarded weeb.

Does it include bug fixes? I can remember I couldn't become master of stealth, because the bad mouthing Hobbit simply never gave the option for that in his dialogues.

it's fun

>Shame that Arcanum 2 was cancelled.
I didn't even knew about sequel till now, tho if it wasn't been cancelled, it'd be made in Source engine, I'm not sure how I feel about that versus good old 2D sprites.

No its not. Its a massive stepdown from classic Fallout combat and i have no idea how they managed to do that.

I would say that was a good news too, Troika was dead shortly after Bloodlines. But there's nothing stopping some new developer to acquire the IP and develop it without kickstarter in cRPG style.

It's faster and you can get even more invincible.

That's all I want from clunky RPGs with horrible combat - that I can end it quickly.

>Its a massive stepdown from classic Fallout combat
which wasn't even good to begin with
>i have no idea how they managed to do that
by trying to have it work in RT and TB mode

Id rather have it stay dead.

Don't try to use guns as primary weapons, they suck complete ass in this game.

t. a dude who thought making a gunslinger ala Roland would be cool who had then to specc into haste magic to not be completely useless

I don't like when modern devs try to bother old franchises, see what happened to fallout.
Just let it rest, and create "inspired by", that'll suffice

OP here, I've made it to Bessie Toone mines and the game becomes unplayable in the dungeon. I get like 5 FPS for some reason. Does this fix it as well?

>melee master quest: go steal the dodge master's waifu for me so I can fuck her

>dodge master quest: go fucking kill the melee master and rip out his fucking eyes

yeah i managed to do both

I think that Fantasy Steampunk is underrepresented in vidya games, I can only remember Rise of Legends as the other one. To be honest I'd like to see new games that isn't "Let's just strap some gears and call it a day." type of bullshit.

Did you install any mods before starting?

I agree, I just don't want to see Arcanum name being trashed
just create new thing instead in that theme

Nope.

Haha I fucking regretted making a charming gunslinging half-ogre when I got to that place.

Installed high res patch and DDrawCompat and everything works super smooth now. Fuck yeah.

That lv.3 wolf, man.

Rate my gunslider bitch, had also firearms and prowling master. She is came aristocrat family, will do anything for money (including fucking with fat rich gnomes for madam lil)

I've got the key to open all doors.

Also i dont agree with who says gun is bad. Just get bullet schematics as fast as possible and get a decent revolver and max out pe and firearms at the start, then you are good to go. And after you get looking glass rifle, you will be kill most of mobs before they reach you.

Somebody spilled pepto bismo over your steampunk interface

If you want to go with tech, it's better to start out as a melee guy first then and keep off of the tech skills until when the game opens up

hey cool
I also gave my character a posh name

Maaan, every bit of Gar's dialogue was a formative experience for me.

Always remember: Green tea is for FOREIGNERS, not gentlemen.

Guns doesn't get good until late game, early game they're ass

>tfw weapons kept breaking because of the fucking golems

I ended up having to use dynamite to clear that shit and I just barely squeezed past

Be honest Sup Forums, did you fuck that sheep?

>fantasy setting naturally going into the industrial revolution like the real world

Such simple idea and yet we have 10000 Tolken copies.

I've always rushed to Looking Glass Rifle asap. It almost never misses and does a guaranteed 40 damage.

>Bring Dog
>Heal Dog
>Mines complete

There's a steam post about that.
Do this:

Install game

Install UAP091225.exe
Install ExtraAnimationsUAP
Install Hq-Townmaps

on shortcut to game add " -no3d -doublebuffer
copy the direct draw DLLs to install folder

You probably want the last 2

>be a novice technologist
>working on my first charged ring
>go to gearstop to get some capacitors
>cashier is a young half-elf girl
>she asks me if my platemail is enchanted
>"n-no, it's dwarven steel"
>she smiles at me and asks if i'm interested in steam engines
>healing salve falls out of pocket
>sign some papers and rush out of the building
>forgot to buy capacitors
>week later 2-ton steam engine is delivered to my house and my bank account gets charged 30 000 gold

FUCKING GEARSTOP

I would play Pillars, but it's so boring, I got burned out in Act 2.

>the dog trains himself to be a master in melee and dog as he levels

Stacking Charisma and being a white mage to a party of like six dudes kicking ass was the most fun. Also makes the extra non-spec loot you get a lot more useful.

>>the dog trains himself to be a master in melee and dog
I know you meant dodge but it's really funny to me.

Also before it becomes a Master of... Melee, I think, it can critically hit itself which makes it look like it bit itself in half. Melee mastery is "no crit misses ever", right?

Can you make a screenshot of female benefits in character creator?

Welp, now I'll have to replay Arcanum.

Hopefully Pillars 2 will be better.