>finally got enough wood to barricade myself into my workbench room with a lamp
>night falls
>no problem i've got this shit
>turn on generator, fully fueled
>barricade myself in the workbench room, bear traps under all windows
>stand in the corner completely still with the lamp next to me
>red light starts eminating from one of the windows
>red light is moving past the window and disappears
>total silence, unlike all previous nights where i've heard dogs and shit outside
>its too quiet
>LAMP STARTS FUCKING MOVING ON ITS OWN
>panic.jpg

Anyone been to the wedding yet?

Was going to play this but decided to go with Observer

Tell me more about this video game, Sup Forums

So is this game like the forest or what?

Make sure you attend the wedding prepared.

i dont know senpai, never played it

okay, got one for ya

>during third day
>straying further away from hideout then ever before
>music fades away
>havent seen anything alive in a while
>silence
>keep going
>see markings in the ground, like a big circle
>go for what i assume is the center
>more markings, looks like a fucking crop circle
>spooky fucking music is now playing, spookier than the usual ambient forest music
>finally see the center point
>something white and human-like is hunched over in the middle
>its eating something
>when i get close it fucking throws the shit it was eating at me
>dodge it like a ninja
>dude just fucking runs off on all fours like an animal
>havent seen him since

>fuck up my attempt at moving to the silent forest in like day 5
>back at hideout
>hear knocking at windows all around
>see chairs and drawers being hurled around in the other room
I like the atmosphere, Pathological and STALKER vibes.

>Indie survival crafting game with RPG elements #38483737483912032848
Someone explain why I should give a single shit about this particular one.

>pitch black on night 3
>hudled by stove
>forgot to turn the generator on even tho it is almost fully gassed
>knock on front door
>ohfuck.jpg
>remember one user said to make sure to answer the door when you hear a knock
>i open the door
>half a dozen ghosts fly into my house
>sprint backwards
>step on a bear trap i laid near a window in the darkness
>die

T-thanks for the advice

PROTIP: stand completely still during the night and dont look out the windows

Judging from these stories, it seems quite spooky

It's nothing like The Forest. The Forest focuses on building a base and has more action elements while Darkwood focuses on atmosphere and scavenging/crafting.

Wall cracks are even worse.
>be camping at hideout after cleaning it up from bugs and shit
>night comes
>generator is on full, windows are doors barricaded strategically so the only entrance there is I can watch (and has traps all around)
>no bonking around sounds or anything
>sitting around waiting for dawn
>getting bored
>position myself near a wall crack
>I might get an angle on the window see if anything is happening outside
>something sprints past the fucking wall crack, right in front of me
Sprinted to the other side of the room with a gun aimed at that wall until morning.

It's scary when it's not completely boring

t. someone that refunded it because it's immensely boring between the parts where it's trying to scare you

Only that it is set in the woods and has a lot of crafting. This game has a story and is far, far more spooky/surreal

Kinda sad that chapter 2 just plopped me somewhere new and all I have is my pistol and shovel. That and I can't go back to the first area to explore more and do the side stuff. Like man I was in the old woods for like only two days.

real PROTIP: if you take the risk, you can find shiny stones outside if you see something shine during nights. Found 2 so far, and one shroom

What can you do with the shiny stones? Just sell'em?

And what about the red egg the wolfman has?

I love the art style

I've got a good one

>Night 4
>Barely got back in time, topped off genny and moved cupboard in front of hole in house
>start to get comfy in my barricaded bedroom
>Couple of spooky noises nothing too bad
>Door opens and i jump
>Look at bed and someone is sitting on the bed, crying?
>Says "We have to get out of here..."
>doesn't seem hostile, so not a problem
>go to look out thru cracks in wall, see nothing
>turn back and notice old mate is only there when i look directly at him
Out of line of sight, nothing is there

Yeah, I found a shiny stone during the day and it got me enough rep to upgrade my workbench.

Can I make it through the Silent Forest with a single shot pistol, a molotov and a nail-board or should I wait a few more days to get some more gear?

>playing walking simulators

Christ

Oh shit i think that happened to me too except i was in another room and all i heard was crying

What exactly do I do after surviving my first night? I found some fuel at the underground entrance but haven't gone down yet because spooks. Is there something down there I need to get?

if you want to go down there, be prepared

do it
do it now

dont listen to this faggot
just bring some light

how the fuck do you manage all the items? i don't have any more room inside my hideout, im obliged to put shit on the ground

Do you put shit in the workbench?
also wardrobe and drawer

>Banshees on night 4
Holy shit I was not ready

i've alredy filled the workbench, some furnishings inside the hideout but i don't have any more space

Just how Lovecraftian is the game?
I see it has the tag.

Anyone know how much more has been added or is different from 9.1 alpha? If it's worth playing again from the start even though I never finished it.

I got to the place after the underground tunnel.

Of course you would you fucking furry

The swamp is complete and the ending is done.

I was in the same boat as you, I'd say it was worth a replay. They fixed a lot of things, like the nights just being hunker down in one blocked off room and watch youtube videos while waiting for day. Shit actually happens at night now.

How the hell do I manage weapons?

At this point I'm struggling to maintain a board with nails in it just to handle dogs and get around. Is there a button to punch things that I am missing here?

Resource management, avoid fights if possible and try to keep a reserve of nails and boards.

Middle mouse button is alternate attack

>Shit actually happens at night now

That alone might be worth it then, I remember just patching up all windows and dragging in lights into one room and then blocking myself off in a corner with a bookshelf.

I also don't remember anything about a wedding or crying people in the night.

Theres a village that's basically taken right out of The Colour Out of Space.
plus there's the weird eldritch woods that are slowly overwhelming and consuming everything.

Make two boards so that if one breaks then you aren't screwed. there should easily be enough wood and nails around the first area to keep them repaired (upgrading them also helps).

godfucking dammit, the worst kind of nights are when there is a fucking monster orgy outside your hideout but nobody try to sneak in

fucking hell it's been 2 nights someone is knocking at my door and i've already did the wedding part, what the fuck is going on

>exploring on the third day
>find a chained dog near a house
>kill it
>realize someone chained it there and I just killed it
>uh oh
>walk inside
>there's a woman (?) dancing
>won't respond to anything
>try hitting her
>she dies
>uh oh x2

Am I going to get fucked for doing this?

you will pay consequences, or maybe not

This is fine. You never see anyone who alive or at least moving then you not looking at them. So nothung surreal there, just stupid game mechanic.

How do I refuel the saw?

same as you refuel the generator, have one fuel tank in your hotbar selected, hold right click then left click

Fug I knew I shouldn't have poured it all into the generator.

where i can find the note for the village crate? the one in the that solitare barn

yeah, fuck that

YO WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT DOWN THERE. THOSE FUCKING SOUNDS MAN HOLY SHIT.

First source.

RUN NIGGA RUN

>remember one user said to make sure to answer the door when you hear a knock
>i open the door
>half a dozen ghosts fly into my house
my fucking sides

Image search, newfag.

Nigga I got the fuck out of there as fast as I could. I'm closing in on my second night now. Any advice on what to do in the morning?

How long is this game, bitches?

loot everything you can, avoid the fight until you have a decent weapon

KEEP POURING! KEEP FILLING IT UP!
KEEP FILLING IT HIGHER WITH GAS IT'S NOT THERE YET! KEEP POURING, IDIOT, IT'S NOT FILLED UP YET! KEEP GOING, THERE'S MORE ROoOoOM IN THE GEnerAToR! KEEP POooO...

I can't find shit. All I find are rags, nails, some fuel, and some other assorted garbage. Where do I find planks or wood to chop into planks? I'm on my third night, managed to buy planks from the merchant but the situation does not seem sustainable. I'm still running around with a plank with nails, which will soon break and then I need to spend more precious planks.

did somebody managed to open the 2 crates in wolf camp?

>the ghosts can turn off your lights
YO FUCK THIS

just drop flares and call the ghostbusters

t...there's no phone and I have no flares

just ring the bell dude

I pretty much had savages on farm at night and they all drop a staff weapon which sells for 100 each. Nothing more scary than a person who's in it for profit only.

>night 3
>barricaded in bedroom
>start hearing spooky noises coming from the door
>door's blocked by a wardrobe
>fuck that
>stay in my corner
>door slowly opens the other way
>nothing walks in
>quickly close the door
>go back to corner
>have a quick peek out the window
>see someone talking 2 feet behind me
>turn around and see a girl sitting on the bed talking shit
>"nope"
>slap the bitch with my board and nail
>ded
>hear spooky noises coming from everywhere for the rest of the night
a...and d..don't come back!

nigga why didn't you become her dick daddy?

Juice made of beetles

OK but what's he source?

What happens if I barricade myself into a room that doesn't have the protective substance? There's this room in one of the burned houses with just a door that I can barricade with a sofa while using flares for light. Will I die?

pro tip: barricade the door from the outside, the retards wont be able to move it and get in, they might clip through the object and open the door but wont be able to get in, unless they destroy it which happened like twice for me so far
the best shit so far was that in hideout2 they were so mad they destroyed the wardrobe and the door, got in, got rekt and in the morning when i repair the warddrobe it got stuck in the middle of the door and doorway closing down that way completely for both me and the monsters

I added the game to my wishlist in Nov. 2014. They're not just shitting out some 'me too' cash grab. Effort has been put into the game.

Try and report back, we're all pussies here.
Do it and become the legend, user.

fuuuug. I'll do it next night I'm too far away from it now to make it.

>playing on hard, limited lives (5)
>lost one because my cat jumped on the keyboard mid-fight
>lost another one because i ran into my own bear trap eight in the morning ingame
>lost a third one to the big fucking dog in one of the fields
fuck me

l...lads? Do monsters throw flares? Why is the lighting outside dark fucking red?

Gay Monster orgy of course

just wait until you get the night with white light all around your hideout and a constant loud screeching static noise

I think they do.
I saw a glowing red light outside and dashed out to pick up any goodies that might have spawned.
All I got was a bunch of rocks to the face for my trouble

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
I'M PAUSED RIGHT NOW SOMETHING IS TRYING TO OPEN THE DOOR

SHOW HIM WHO'S THE ONLY ONE OPENING DOORS IN THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD

Alright it was just some guy. He walked in and slowly ran off the moment he saw me. I think he was trying to lure me out or some shit. Fuck that. This game really is spooky as hell.

How long do flares last? Is 4 enough for a night out in one of the burned houses?

they last longer than me hahaxd

DO IT LIKE /X/ DOES. JACK OFF UNTIL THE GHOST LEAVES OUT OF EMBARRASSMENT

That should be an option desu

If I go to the next area/hideout do I have to haul everything in the workbench manually? Also the well scares me, I repaired it but it starts to glow red if I don't use it.

Alright lads I'm gonna spend the night here to see what happens. I forgot to bring nails so the only thing blocking the door is a bear trap, chain trap and a sofa. I'll update as the night progresses.

Wish me luck.

OwO

>overhead view
No thanks.

if you are moving to hideout2 in silent forest there will be a bell you can ring and an old dude will appear who will bring your stuff over for a bottle of alchohol

i just reached old woods hideout and i dont know if he will appear there if i bring the bell over

if you move from hideout 1 to hideout 2 you can find a ring inside H2, use that at the cost of 1 alcohol to move everything from Hideout to Hideout.

the well heal you once for day

Godspeed, user.

According to Urban Dictionary this means you are either surprised/shocked or you want to give oral without a condom, so which is it?

im ready

Only problem I'm having is that I don't know when the night will start as I don't have the watch.

Let's go bois.

I'm really fucking nervous right now

>at night right now
>bright light outside
>yay a shiny stone
>it's a fucking flare
>hear weird sounds
>nopenopenope it back into the house, slam the doors behind me

Come at me fucker.

Both!