What are some of the most unrealistic and impractical weapons in video games?

What are some of the most unrealistic and impractical weapons in video games?

Hard mode: none from Japanese-made games

Scythes

Go to bed, Plague.
I agree though.

any weapon that clips through the character

Monster Hunter's Switch Axe and Charge Blade

say that to my fucking face m8

90% of it, including "historically accurate" games.

Not unrealistic, but totally impractical: whips, sickles, clubs, tridents, katars, claws etc.

Rebar Club from Fallout NV. I can accept it for Supermutants, and even for people wearing Power Armor, but a fat chunk of concrete attached to some reber would be silly for a normal person to try and use as a legitimate weapon.

How exactly are tridents impractical? They're just a multipronged spear?

The silly part isn't so much the notion of lifting it so much the notion it doesn't shatter apart after the first solid blow.

A spear excels at not getting stuck in people.
A trident is designed to get stuck in fish.

You've stabbed a guy with a trident good job he is dead. Now you can't get it out and will be slain because you are unarmed.

>clubs
retard

I can see your point, but how about a trident that you throw?

They're good for 1v1, then.
Didn't some gladiators use tridents.

Good luck parrying blade slashes or warding off mace blows with your glorified broomstick.

Is moat videogames clubs can fkin behead people, and have the same attack pattern as swords, which ia bull

Oh, speaking of another Fallout weapon, the most obvious one there is, the Mini-Nuke.

>be wearing a shirt
>some faggot runs up to me
>pulls out this thingy
>slashes me with it
>hurts a little but ultimately does nothing to me
>proceed to stab him with a rusty kitchen knife
>take his weird looking tinysaw
>try to use it to chop down small trees
>doesn't even have any blades on it
>can't even use it

Now you have no weapon, you are slain because you are disarmed etc.

Also it weighs a fucking ton, is expensive to make, and does a worse job than a simple javelin. To pierce another human being, especially one wearing a jerkin or segmented iron armor, all the force must be behind a single point. A trident divides this force while increasing the weight, making it much more difficult to throw for worse results.

Tridents were very rarely used in gladiatorial matches for religious connotations, not fighting prowess. These were entertainers whose profession was fighting (or uncommonly killing) stuff. Weapons that have no practical use can still be extremely entertaining and using the symbol of Zeus would entertain the audience.

For that same reason objects like nets or bizarre armor were used. They were there to look good.

Obviously the trident was a man's weapon. It being heavier just meant that virgins need not apply. Only Chadiators could use the trident.

How practical are pitchforks

why dont games have shark hunting knives as weapons

any oversized sword in any rpg
if you want reach or striking power use spear or axe

>mfw I see a trident to fight with

Impractical for the same reason as a trident. It subdivides the penetration force over a wider area. These are opportunistic weapons for murders or entertainment, not martial tools.

Almost everything "high level" ends up being completely stupid. The swords end up being too wide, the spears have too much other shit on them that would hinder combat, the daggers end up in a weird shape etc.

Oh, and large warhammers will absolutely get you killed.

Frostmourne is ultimate impractical weapon. The balance is all fucked up and design looks wierd.

CAVED IN HIS BREASTPLATE

PROBABLY SHATTERED EV'RY RIB 'E HAD

GODS I WAS STRONG THEN

Tridents are Poseidon's weapon.

>warhammer
>is not actually a warhammer but a sledgehammer
EVERY FUCKING TIME

Pretty practical as far as farming implements suddenly needed as a weapons go.

Better than warding off brigands with a hoe or sickle, but good luck actually preventing your daughter from losing 50% market value.

humanity in dark souls

My bad its 5am.

what the fuck, wow

How do you qualify as a brigand without having a weapon and what the fuck are you gonna do against multiple people carrying swords, axes, or spears with a pitchfork

I actually hate it when they look like how they are in real life when it comes to Warhammers. I fucking love those big fat mauls.

Yeah but it's one of those cases where the guy wielding it is so capable that the flaws are pretty much nonexistent.

>424
>Oh, speaking of another Fallout weapon, the most obvious one there is, the Mini-Nuke.
I don't know how to tell you think but that was real weapon

>no X blade (or whatever the fuck that symbol is)

I audibly laughed when it showed up.

You're a terrible brigand if you ever fight at disadvantage.

anything involving electricity.

Its unimaginably difficult to convenience an electric weapon that is not more dangerous to the person holding it than the person its pointed at.

Good luck using a tazer at close range. Dudes gonna fall on you while he still riding the lighting.

I disagree but understand your opinion.

shit now im curious
someone post it

Maybe My grammar was fucked up, I cant tell at this hour, but I meant to say you would use a pitchfork to defend against a brigands. Not employ one as a brigand.

It's this

>Good luck using a tazer at close range. Dudes gonna fall on you while he still riding the lighting.
That's OK I'm playing on Grounded.

>Frostmourne is ultimate impractical weapon
hold my beer

See

You expressed it fine. I was contending that if you were assaulted by brigands they would be better equipped than a man with a farm tool, or else they wouldn't really be brigands.

That's fine but we're discussing practical weapons not frozen corpses wearing plot armor

i READ THESE POSTS inorder and I litterally peed a little.

The chainsaw gun from gears.
Ergonomically it's a fuckin nightmare and there would have to be some sort of fuel source for it inside it. If it was gas then have fun being a walking fire hazard. Also there looks to be no way to change the blade itself. Without taking the whole gun apart I mean and that seems like a huge flaw.
I'm not done.

The plasma grenade from halo.
It's a sticky grenade that doesn't detonate until it hits something then about a second later goes boom.

Now assuming there's some sort of switch or something to activate the grenade itself how come it doesn't just stick to your hand? Obviously like real grenades it wouldn't prime or whatever until you push the button either so how come it doesn't have a set time until detonation?

It's dumb

YOU ARE LIKE LITTLE BABY
WATCH THIS

Dual wielding machine guns are the epitome of noguns.

Ah. I agree.

Thats why I wished hypothetical pitchfork wielder luck. He was gonna need it.

>The plasma grenade from halo.

It has a speedometer inside.

Pressing the button activates it, but it doesn't get 'sticky' until it reaches a certain speed.

i don't even know what the hell i'm looking at.

Looks pretty practical to me

90% of games with rocket launchers happen to take place inside small corridors where it would kill you to fire it.

I don't know man. If its good enough for a horse I think it's good enough for a person.

These aren't modded.

>mfw firing an rpg in rs2 vietnam and obliterating 90% of my squad behind me

>press button
>place grenade on ground
>it never explodes until some one kicks it

>fighting on moving object, ship , train, car
>as soon as I press the button the grenade sticks to my hand.

>try to the same while sprinting up to a bunker
>oh fuck!

That wouldn't work either. The nade isn't going to accelerate after it leaves your hand.

The entire third row just baffles me, and I'm not even a Weaponfag.

The melta gun from Space Marine. It's got incredibly short range for anything that could reasonably call itself a 'gun'.

Great for when you're fighting a pack of retards that immediately move to fight you in melee. But anyone else will just create distance and shoot you in the head when you're forced to try and get close enough to use it.

Deceleration friendo

Really? It's the last row that's really out of whack. The third is pretty basic fantasy bullshit. Besides maybe that second to last one.

>top right one is just one of those big 'high five' hands

>scrolling down
>first to rows only have a couple clearly overly silly ones
>the rest are just ok
>row 3
>row 4
>mfw

>one is just a crowbar

>shotguns in RS2

Rising Storm 2 is a man amongst men.

omfg, im fucking dying
please kill the designer

>these insanely outlandish designs
>very last one is just a little cheese knife

happens to me every now and then, always makes me laugh

post the link to the comic now

Yeah but it doesn't sound fool proof.

I love these.

Actually a very long sword is not that bad. If you have supernatural strength then that's something that you could think about using. It would give you the biggest advantage of all: reach. The problem with many of the fantasy weapons is that they are very very wide. Two to three times wider than what you would have them be. This doesn't give them any significant advantage and just makes them impractical to use.

good luck dodging while trying to recover from a missed swing

I dont miss kiddo.

>b-big weapons are unrealistic!

knight's were chads and they rode horses

>mfw dual wielding in video games

Let me set the record straight, because the speedometer thing is completely wrong.

First, when you activate the plasma grenade, it vents a coolant for a few moment. This is the mechanism that stops it from sticking to the user's hand. After it is thrown and only after it is thrown away from the person, the plasma in the form of a gas begins to ionize rapidly. This is the effect that causes the grenade to "stick". It's not really "sticky" it's just burning itself to whatever surface it contacts. After contacting a surface, the ionized plasma rapidly evaporates the coolant, causing the reactor inside the grenade destabilizes and overheats, which in turn causes an explosion. This is how the grenade works.

>If you have supernatural strength
i had this argument so many times... basic physics

it doesn't matter how strong you are, mass of the sword will carry you along with the swing
you have to be also supernaturally heavy
besides, even if you have "supernatural strength" it is just better to use a weapon better suited for the purpose
so no matter how you look at it something like halberd, glaive, spear or similar is better

>The problem with many of the fantasy weapons is that they are very very wide
now here's the second problem, if you block a weapon that's long and not wide enough it's just going to snap in half

Who would win?

>guy clearly taking a firing position with rpg7
>walk behind the guy anyway
>die
>don't forgive the tk

bunch of fagets

>It's not really "sticky" it's just burning itself to whatever surface it contacts

Then why does it only stick to things you would want to kill? It doesn't stick to walls or floors.

In the TT it has the same range as your average pistol.

Exactly how melta guns work and what they shoot has always been a matter of enormous debate.

So it does have a timer.

That seems like alot of work for just a grenade thats sticky with a timer.

>diplomacy gift parade sword
The Royal Armouries in London also feature a 2 meters tall suit of armour, doesn't mean anyone would actually use it since it was a diplomatic gift from another Kingdom.
They used to make lots of silly stuff, doesn't mean it was practical.
Pic related, or do you think 4 years old kids were fighting too?

It's set to bad guy.

>*slaps your girlfriend*

Wait is that from GoT? Did he actually have a hammer of that size?