Do you play with inverted controls?

Do you play with inverted controls?

>Move stick down
>Head moves up
>Move stick left
>Head moves left
Hmmmm....

Yes. And not just the Y-Axis.

I play with inverted aiming controls, but regular camera controls. Is that weird?

Yes. That's how it works, good job figuring it out.

>people will defend this

Only if I'm controlling a plane

Yes. I switch the x and y axis.

I only do inverted controls when it controls the camera or something flying like a helicopter or a jet

i was inverted till i was 17 then i became normal

kinda want to go back but it saves the convenience of having to change every time you swap controllers.

I played Lost Planet with reversed x and y controls for shits and giggles and to nerf myself a bit while playing with a friend

following OP's diagram would suggest that pushing right would turn the head to view left.

FPBP
OP utterly BTFO.

>Go back and play Wind Waker
>X axis is inverted
Fucking Nintendo.

Only for boats or planes.

what is it about planes that makes inverted controls more bearable?

Because that's how planes actually work.

yeah i understand that
I should've asked why planes are built that way in the first place

Probably has to do with the inertia. It would be hard to press forward on the stick when you're being pulled backward in your seat

>has clearly never flown a plane before

I always been wondering why isn't that default. It just seems more natural when playing any FP, TPP games

This.
You mah nigga.

no because I have enough mental fortitude to separate my controls when I play flight sims and when I play FPS. and I play a lot of both.

i can play with both because im not a brain dead monkey

I feel this better represents inverted

Tips

No, and the reason is my mindset is I'm controlling the direction of perspective and not the angle of somebody's head. If I want to look up, I press up so the camera looks in that direction.

Of course, when it comes to aircraft, that becomes inverted because I'm controlling ailerons and rudders, which is how a jet actually functions.

lmao, weirdofags btfo

literally no difference

pretty sure most people have never flown a plane before

But it's not because it solves the left-right inconsistency.

No.

>Up is up and down is down
Whoa, so deep

Who the fuck plays with inverted x axis anyway, thats going too far

actually a really good point user

Only hipster retards try to reinvent the wheel and break it.

I have to play inverted or I can't do anything. I'm that person that has to fuck with the settings when it's my turn,in other words. Everyone asks me why and I can't answer.

If it's first person, non-inverted. If it's third person, inverted. I think I picked this up from Dark Souls. If on PC, non-inverted all the time.

Quit posting this shitty image. Everything becomes more clear if you put the stick on top of the head instead, which is the orientation in which a stick actually is when you're holding a controller.

I think you mean
>move stick down
>character crouches/jumps/uses melee

"down" on a stick is not down at all, you are tilting the stick toward your body.

Yeah, only knobheads play inverted.

Reminder that "inverted" used to be the default and people who play uninverted are Halo babies.

Why the fuck did they invert only one of the axis?

some shooters play better with inverted
infact im not a consolefag and have never touched a console game and it's much more natural to have the "inverted" look/view option on so I leave it on in every game that has it as default

Fuckin this!
Inverted was the default on goldeneye. Anyone who doesnt play inverted is an underage fag

Yes I do and it might be because of habit since supposedly old FPS games on consoles from the 90s used to do inverted aim as the default. Or maybe the ones that mattered like on N64. I can't remember for sure though maybe you guys can correct me here. I got used to inverted aim and I actually cannot play with normal aim. I always have to change it in options to inverted.
This is correct kek. Never really thought of it until you posted this.

>he hasn't flew a a plane
Lol look at this faggot, bet you've never being in a tank before too

Yes. Mario 64 taught me that you're controlling the camera.
Not in FPS though, cause you're moving your head.

fpbp

Uninverted, because only a retard would have a problem with pointing a mouse in the direction they want to look in/shoot at.

And the winner of autist of the year award goes to (You)

I can honestly play with both.
Why does Sup Forums get so hostile over everything?

Halo was the first game i had to change settings and they called it inverted instead of default. That got me mad

I actually sometimes play with inverted horizontal as well because of this. Not too many games offer it though.

>That friend who always has to pause the game to change it to inverted when he comes over.

Its only a couple seconds, but something about this always pissed me off.

Depends on the game, really. If it's 3rd person camera, I'll do normal, if it's first person or a flight game of some sort, I'll do inverted.

Good argument.

My mistake, you're not autistic, you're retarded.

Exactly the kind of rhetoric I'd expect from a "hurr up is up" fag.

Played inverted on a controller/with keys as long as I can remember but have always found it next to impossible to do it with a mouse.

Fuck I never thought of this. This makes so much sense. Of course you should do this as well.
>Wheel to the left, boat turns to left
>Wheel to the right, boat turns to right
>Wheel up, wheel detached and boat uncontrollable
>Wheel down, hole in boat and boat sinks
>Wheel left while in reverse, boat turns to the right, but the back actually rotates to the left
>Etc.

only for flying games. not for looking games.

I play with either.
Whatever the default setting is, so mostly default nowadays but Inverted on older stuff and on mates' consoles etc.
My mate plays Inverted with mouse.
Fucking torture to try and play a round of something if we are chilling in the office together.

holy fuck the autism

Only for pitch. That position further implies that moving the stick left/right would control for roll, which is just silly. Left/right should be yaw, which only works if the stick is on the back of the head, and that position still allows up/down to control for pitch. Putting it all together, it also means that once the stick is on the back of the head, you need to invert left/right at the same time you invert up/down.

I'm not subhuman, so no.

Halo made me play inverted though.

thats how planes USED to work
its not fly by wire they could do it whatever they want but its too set in stone already

>I should've asked why planes are built that way in the first place
cause when under extreme g forces its more important to be able to pull up from a dive, and its easier to do via pulling

I used to as a kid for FPS and everything. Then I got used to playing cs1.3 ans 1.6 and somehow that messed up with how seamlessly I played on console with inverted controls so Id say by late teens I no longer playing anything inverted.

Name one fucking game where horizontal input means putting my characters ears into my shoulders while staring straight ahead.

Only on my flight sims.

Autists like you need to die.

I only use inverted controls when piloting aircraft, it just feels right with them.

Can you blame him? If your this retarded you dont need to make an argument.

Yep, always. Began with flight sims in the 80's and seen no reason to change.

Only when using a controller.

Have you tried being less autistic?

I use inverted X axis normal Y axis on every game I can. No I don't understand why I do it either but doing it any other way just feels weird to me.

Yes, that is how a handle on the back of your head would work.

>Who the fuck plays with inverted x axis anyway

This. I have never heard of anyone who wants to invert the horizontal axis but for some reason every game gives that pointless option anyway. Inverted or nor is always a vertical question.

I do actually.

It's quite literally one of the easiest things to put in any game you make so I'm glad they bother putting the option in for freaks of nature like me.

See? There was never any point creating a more meaningful dialog, because you were never capable of one. You simply want to be right and would have ignored anything that contradicted such a notion.

Yes, Inverted Y axis only.

>what is a mouse

But you are not controlling the characters head in third person view. You control a camera. You rotate the camera, you don't look with it. In first person view you are looking, not rotating, thus controls are reversed.

up is up
down is down

if your head is messed up i dont judge
but dont try to push your shit onto me

this, inverted fags never have an answer to this

It's because when you control to the left, you are taking OPs stick and pushing it from the left side, so the head turns left. Just like when you move up, you are pushing it from above, hence you look up, and moving down, you push it from underneath and thus look down. Are you retarded user?

>you are taking OPs stick and pushing it from the left side, so the head turns left
>Are you retarded user?
No, but you certainly are.

>calls others retard
>is actually the retard himself

deep

>move mouse upwards
>camera goes down

Only in the x axis on a controller, don't ask me why but I just can't figure out the normal way on those joysticks

>Left an right are not subject to you looking in front of or behind the character

Wow look at these brainlets!!

Why don't you attach a stick to the back of your head and try it yourself

I always need y inverted. I can play perfectly fine with x inverted or not inverted.

This. I use a stick the same way I would use a mouse.

Yes.

why dont you push a stick THROUGH your skull you dumb waste of air?

>Waaaah I'm wrong
>Better shitpost to p-pretend..