This Game has no plot

This Game has no plot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3MVI0ond2EE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yea it does. it's a conspiracy

The controls always frustrate me, Fuck those trials

True. Plot is barely there and not much backstory either.

What do the runners even do?
Is it drugs?
Info?
pokemon cards?
Is the government just trying to keep footprints of their castle oblivion rooftops?

>not much backstory either.
Show her backstory then, I can see in your pic that plot is barely there

they are like bicycle couriers used to avoid internet interception of info

and its fine like that
this game made me feel things that modern games cant even without a plot

mirror's edge is ____ok____

Here's some backstory for ants.

Sure it does. It's just not all that memorable or important to the player as much as running around the city's rooftops is.

Did you pay this little attention?

Something something muh revolution muh political corruption muh half baked cyberpunk themes. They just needed some shitty excuse for you to be parkouring all over the place.

>Is it drugs?
>Info?
>pokemon cards?
Any of these, actually. They're just couriers in a world where everything is monitored and most shit are contraband. Anyone with any need of their services will hire them.

i thought it was about clearing your sister's name after she gets framed for murdering some politician?

thats catalyst
the first game's setting is utopian and in no way related to anything you said

Did you totally skip the game's intro cinematic?

I still wonder why Dice/EA were retarded enough not to make the second game just that: a game where you use parkour to deliver shit around the city as fast as you can.

Then again obviously
> Dice
> EA

Yes it does.

>This Game has no plot.
is that supposed to be a bad thing, plotfag?

>minority female and "ally" whites team up to destroy evil white patriarchy and its beautiful orderly city

It has the greatest of plots you DRUMPF NAZI! Professor Goldbergriversteinbaum had us play it in my 18th century queer hamster interpretative slam poetry theory class.

Nazis watch out!

>mirror's edge
>you aren't on the edge of a mirror
wtf..?

the only good thing about this game was the gameplay. the story and """"""bosses"""" ect were all garbage

Doesn't need one.
youtu.be/3MVI0ond2EE
Best song cummin thru

>Game finally puts gameplay and level design over story
>people still complain

Sasuga Sup Forums

>hating on Mirror's Edge for meme points

Fuck off, queer, it's a good game.

>a game where you use parkour to deliver shit around the city as fast as you can.
That's literally what most of Catalyst is user. The main plot is short and has all that conspiracy shit but the main chunk of the game has you going around delivering shit within a time limit. It's executed absolutely horribly though, it's some of the most obtuse side quests I've ever played. You can be 1 step away from the delivery target and you'll fail if you run out of time. The routes are usually boring as fuck too since the best platforming are strictly in the main missions. Fuck Catalyst.

Is 2 as bad as everyone thought it was going to be? I enjoyed 1 a lot when it first came out but I lost interest in 2 after seeing all the story stuff get pushed so hard in trailers.

and i couldn't give less of a fuck

They deliver packages to each other across the city because some faceless group of corporations that have declared war on eyesight with their pastel color schemes.

The thing about dystopia is that we have to see the cracks in the utopia. We never see the shitty place the people outside the city live in, probably because they don't have blinding white 50 ft skyscrapers to run across.

the CEO of EA is a badguy and they're postmen or something

>for ants
Well at least it isn't negative backstory.

I never even played catalyst and I remember backstory about some kind of revolt. The city being pretty and clean looking was intentionally in direct contrast with the unrest they constantly hint at. Half the main character's motivation is saving her sister who was framed for murdering a politician and I might be wrong on this point but I'm pretty sure it was a highly monitored police state, which is why they needed free runners to steal shit.

Well, it's entry to trillogy that never happen.

You have no reading comprehension, I clearly support the game fully you homophobe!

thank god.

ME is all about the gameplay and that's why it's so fun.

The game pretends to have a story, a conspiracy with no payoff.
The police are training to catch runners because they're the only people who break the law in this world. It's not surprising.

>tfw no scene where faith relies on a stranger to help her ditch the cops and in exchange she reluctantly agrees to let him fuck her in the ass

It's not so bad, it's just very mediocre and has a lot of odd design decisions that just work against it. If you loved the first game, you might find enjoyment in the second but there's a higher chance you'll just drop it and head back to the first game. The first game has better parkour, levels, music, plot (yes, really) and even graphics. Catalyst is a blurry mess. I bought it last year and have yet to complete it but I've replayed the first game maybe 10 times or so in the past few months alone.

Why? Why is this how it has to be around here?

Yeah it's literally just a sting on one of the more well known components of organized crime in whatever the city is.

That's fine, it's enough. Your ex-buddies betray you because they're crooks, and sometimes crooks are on the other side of the bars. Basic but functional.

I was a little disappointed but it wouldn't be fair to say it was bad. It had a different focus than the first game and the gameplay was slightly tweaked to be more "accessible." It still has some stuff that made the first game so cool but it started to lose me when I tried to do any of the side quests. The main missions are still good though.

It's a basic but standing story. Just like a hollywood blockbuster movie. The story gives you a motive and the gameplay is the means to reach the end.

Not every story has to be complex.

Yes it does

>he hasn't seen

I haven't. I'm interested though.

It does but it shouldn't. It should've stuck to the free running aspect of the game. The gun part was shit.
The sequel was awful.

That's the sequel.

Sure it has, but thankfully you can ignore it for the vast majority of the game except the very beginning and end.

Ironic or not, I really did hate the vapid "we're cool rebelz and fuck the authority because they're the authority" narrative.

isn't this game about her getting framed for killing someone and running around until she jumps on a helicopter?

It's about her sister getting framed and it turns out her fellow criminals took deals to rat out their buddies including the PC.

I didn't used to like the art style of the cutscenes but they've grown on me over the years.

That's Marica Hase.