Blizzard

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vPguoeYTvMI&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=COhzPGR1Yk8
youtube.com/watch?v=gWFvvbqj75U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MY SON

The Mei video is better than anything Blizzard has made in the past 10 years.

it all started with the pandas

Looks like what I recall runescape turning into when I REALLY stopped playing for the last time.

Metzen left

blizz was bought out by jews

jews systematically destroy everything they touch

niggers, females, and cucks like to gather around destroyed things

wow is now 100% by niggers, females, and cucks for niggers, females, and cucks.

jews

despite how much you like new trailer its guaranteed theyre gonna pull in a shit load of kids into the playerbase by putting out of context clips of that short into youtube commercials

real answer?
different game different artsyles

the answer you expect from your shitty thread?
SJW kikes drumpf jews my wife's son redpill cuckolds niggers feminists, sweetie.

But WoW got more Pixar-like too

They found out normies are willing to spend a lot more on games.

Blizzard has always made good cinematics, the content does not matter.

Dried out your current potential market?
Move onto another one.

what even is the bottom

Ones for a mmo for old fat men, and ones for a childrens card game you fucking moron

They decided that the Pixar look is the way of the future.

Lets just wait to see if we get a "Disney" look for Diablo and starcraft at some point.

If 2008 cinematic was current year of our lord you'd be complaining that it was edgy 12 year old shit. Fuck you Sup Forums.

Hearthstone?

The future of heartstone of course
youtube.com/watch?v=vPguoeYTvMI&t=0s

hey guys hobbs here

Nothing really, ones a card game for all ages and the top one is the MMO.

I don't recall anyone complaining about edge, that cinematic was all feels.

warcraft was always cartoon-ish, and almost never took itself completely seriously

Opps, I ment to say "The Future of Warcraft", but it slip out and ended up saying Heartstone.
But in reality Heartstone is the future of Wacraft and the end of things.

the 2008 cinematic was literally a masterpiece of visual cinema and in fact was probably the single best piece of media that humans will ever create

literally everything blizz has ever done besides it is the worst. if you rated everything humans have ever done, the 2008 cinematic would be the peak and everything else would be at the bottom.

The Mei and Hearthstone animations were fucking awful though, Blizzard has completely lost their aesthetic and good game design. Theyre just focused on SJW shit and shilling their games to as wide of an audience as possible for profit. Overwatch is a prime example. Blizzard should honestly just become a movie company and maybe even sell WoW once it stops being profitable

No, user. If brothas were playing WoW, we wouldn't see gearchecks in LFR. We'd see people actually playing the game for fun.

>Blizzard should honestly just become a movie company
How does Sup Forums feel about this? I liked it well enough. Especially if you filter it as a video game movie, it's well above the quality of most of them.

10 years ago I'd laugh at you if you'd told me that nearly all western produced animation would become indistinguishable from each other in less than a decade.

niggers dont have a developed enough brain to imagine the concept of fun

they only think of eating and procreating with white women

it endend in northrend

>we wouldn't see gearchecks in LFR
Do people do that now? I played vanilla and then MoP/WoD and never saw it happen.

Movie was hit and miss, everyone likes their cinematics.
Blizzards cinematics are produced entirely by their cinematics studio, which is separate from all of their other franchises. The WoW movie had nothing to do with their cinematics studio.

10 years ago youd have been an idiot.

western media has always been identical trash that pales in comparison to eastern art

It was surprisingly decent for a videogame movie. My mom loved it.

Disney artists, clearly.

It's a good movie if you love the Warcraft universe, but sucks if you know nothing about it.

and yet 7.3 adds a mount wrong on so many levels it gives itself nightmares

Blizzard is still autonomous, they told Activision they would not implement any paid DLC or season passes in Overwatch and they had the freedom to decide that.

noo shrek was pretty good up till 3

I like it. I was just a Warcraft 3 player, and know few stuff
I went with some friends that know nothing about warcraft and they like it fine as well, some even would want to know what will happen next.

Im not sure why it got so bash, probably because every fantasy movie will be compared to Lord of the Rings, so they will be fuck.

>Blizzard is in business to make money

GET THE FUCK OUT
I COULD NOT HAVE FORSEEN THIS

So very few people actually know this, but hey le sneaky jew memes right?

For me Blizzard died 2010.

>The Mei and Hearthstone animations were fucking awful though
>Literally fluent as fuck animation bordering Pixar design

Wow, I mean. Sure, if you have absolute trash taste maybe. I wouldn't mind Blizzard making movies alongside, but they still make popular games, I'm sorry that you don't like any of them.

this is what niggercucks actually believe

dont you have to take care of your wifes children

Noticed I kinda contridicted myself with the first and last statements. The animation itself is good, but the writing in Mei's cinematic was shit and it was boring to walk, and the Hearthstone animation didnt feel or look like anything Warcraft/Hearthstone related.
they shouldve just skipped to the Warcraft 3 story since the first 2 games were lacking story to make an entire film out of. Overall the flick was pretty good though

"wide audience"

I disagree..
The only "confusing thing" that could bother people, was if they were not paying attention.
I hear some people complaining about not knowing what was with the huge cube...

And they forgot that the character dont know what the hell is up with the cubes as well, so that would be a mistery to solve at some point in the future.

I went with 5 friends that know nothing about warcraft, and they like it

That was cute. You guys are dumb.

What's really funny about it is because of the Overwatch model, now other Activision titles like Call of Duty and Destiny are getting flak for not following a similar system of free systematic updates.

>D*sneycuck enjoys garbage tier mass media from Activision

What a surprise

Shackled Urzul is just a return to form.

Between this and what they did to Varimathras, its nice seeing WoW go on the darker side again.

back to Sup Forums

"i saw a shitty movie with my shitty friends who have shitty taste and we all liked it so that means its good"

So what you're saying is that Blizzard's games are shit entirely because of Blizzard's own poor decisions?

Blizzard haven't been relevant after tft

As someone who's only played hearthstone for about a week and overwatch, these are my Top 5 Blizzard related cinematics/trailers ( in no real order)

Mist of panderia
One night in Karazhan
Garrosh vs Thrall
The last bastion.
That's it. I dot have a 5th. Unless that Junkrat/Roadhog one counts since it's SFM. That shits too good.

In all honestly the new Mei short wasn't that good.

I mean, visually sure, but from a storytelling perspective it was kind of bland.

It was 10 minutes of the same old "oh no I'm alone and I have to get out of here" cliche that's been recycled to death before.

There was nothing interesting about Mei in the short -- no hidden quirk we didn't know about or anything. It was just Mei being the Mei we already knew.

Reddit autism

burn it into your soul

My thoughts exactly.

Not to mention, her accent really got on my nerves.

well....
It just mean that you dont need to know anything about warcraft.

He never said it had to good for people to like it, I never said it was good because we liked it...

Name 5 like it.

Go.

That lich king cinematic is amazing.
The irony in it as arthas is being spoken to, told he will have a loyal army, and then his army of the dead rises up etc is so great

capitalism ruins everything. Also, jews.

And yet they still have the virtual slot machines that are jewcrates

>tfw mei starts getting cabin fever
>shot of her building snowmen and talking to them and laughing

Am I really the only one ITT who noticed the top image was made this year for Hearthstone's Frozen throne expansion?
10/10 OP

based Sup Forumsack

he never said that people had to understand it to like it either

please jamal, youre outclassed here. go back to cucking your white neighbors

Live-Action does not work for them. Blizzard's heaviest hitters are its animation and formerly its story department (which is dogshit now). Every WoW expac cinematic is so well done it somehow convinces millions of players to come back even though its the same shitty game.
youtube.com/watch?v=COhzPGR1Yk8

Mists was a great expansion and the MoP cinematic was awesome.

and it is not really fair to compare them. they spent like 2 years making each WoW cinematic intro which is why they're so high quality. expanding that same quality into a feature just isn't feasible

youtube.com/watch?v=gWFvvbqj75U

fuck blizzard

Well I don't know what other part of her arch they could have used. She's a bland character because she had no combat background. They could have made a short 3 minute montage of her studying as a kid and growing up to become a part of overwatch up to where she's frozen and play the rest of it there.

That would still be cliche, but it's nice as a dramatic effect.

Sup Forums fags are the new reddit atheists.

But He said
>its a good movie if you love Warcraft universe

>you live in a timeline where people actually miss Pandaria
I didn't think it would get so much worse from there...it was actually a good expansion gameplay wise.

2007 was when everything started to go to shit. Video games, music, cars, the economy, people in general, etc.

>Sega
What went wrong?

WoW happened.

You mean the purely cosmetic items you can earn just from playing the game? You'd have to be a stupid moron to complain about something like that.

>Doesn't rate the wrath intro
Go back to school billy.

>all that time spent on Panda cooking
>hero of every random dungeon when i would drop a noodle cart
>WoD levels up cooking as a secondary effect of fucking everything
I maxed out cooking by fishing. I was mad.

Decent enough, half the human stuff was embarrassing to watch though.
A movie about the formation of the Horde would be a harder sell to the average viewer and a much harder pitch to production, but would've been a much better movie.

i believe it was 2012, mayans were right

>there will never be a blizzard cgi trilogy about arthas

Jews hated Jesus because he spoke the truth.

It was alright.

They should go fulltime CG-movie making though. Even though I fucking hate what WoW has become, the story cutscene shit they made for it today was good, and I liked the Mei and Junkrat and other ones they put out today too.

None of that anime shit they did for HOTS. Not the live-action movie. 3dcg good shit.

Truest post in this whole thread

EPIC redpill and based Sup Forums! :)

bretty good desu senpai

Best post.

was missing a lot of context and exposition for many concepts in the universe. good for those who know the jargon and relationships, but my wife was forced to ask many questions.

>Blizzard are SJW for putting thick, sexy white women tinted brown and making busty, thick bitches in all of their games because they put black people in their games and covered a part of Dindu Windrunner's navel

You guys are fags.

I wanted to like this image but using "dudebros, women, and alphas" as an excuse for why your hobby turned to shit just sounds like some beta permavirgin crying out.
Its the opposite now adays, the company catches on to its success early and expands is target market to those people to make more money/get a following, and your game/hobby because so different than the vanilla experience that YOU originally played that its now offputting to you.

>Memes, but no argument
nu-Sup Forums incarnate.
Stop fucking with Sup Forums you cringey frog worshiping fuck.