The three protagonists are the people featured in the key visual...

>The three protagonists are the people featured in the key visual. All three are isolated in the city where the game is set, and each act independently in order to survive.
>Keyword: “The One Day Incident” – The setting is a city in Russia. The game depicts a one day incident that occurs there. A war is happening in the city, and the >protagonist will inevitably get caught up in the conflict.
>Wanzer – Since Left Alive is set in the same world as the Front Mission series, the walking-type mobile weapons known as “Wanzers” will appear. Although you will mainly confront Wanzers as enemies, you can also steal a Wanzer away from the enemy.
>Survival Action – The primary objective is survival. The game will have a varied setup, including traps laid out to stir up the battlefield. There is also a crafting element, which allows you to use the materials you obtain to craft items.
>The Route You Take is Up to You – For example, if you head straight to your destination, you may be in danger of having to fight enemies, but you can also take hidden paths and stay out of the enemy’s line of sight, or take a big detour far away from that area. How you progress is up to you.

gematsu.com/2017/09/left-alive-third-person-shooter-set-world-front-mission#oDzv0ggBxrvZXzFm.99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkMhJ6STWzY
youtube.com/watch?v=x-ykG6lle8w
youtube.com/watch?v=_Hx5g4ioNBY
youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9fIrZ_GfEmc
youtu.be/zDk0IDa3ODw?t=144
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So is Shinkawa just a freelancer now? He seems to have been popping up around the place a lot more than he used to since the original KojiPro were disbanded, plus he's just credited as "art director" for DS, not explicitly for character and mechanical design like he almost always is on other stuff.

Real hyped for this so I guess it's time to finally play more of Front Mission. I loved 3 and couldn't get in 5 due to bullet sponge wanzers.

Should I just start by the first one on SNES? Or is there any remakes worth playing instead

STANDING

WALKING

DANCING

>The setting is a city in Russia
Doesn't look like Russia.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkMhJ6STWzY

If you like Front Mission, don't get too hyped for this.

They've stated that it's a third-person shooter with stealth and survival elements. Wanzers will not be customizeable, and the game will never force you to pilot a Wanzer. It is, first and foremost, an on-foot, third person shooter. If that floats your boat, that's fine, but it's not going to be much at all like Front Mission.

Zaftra (russian superstate) is pretty wealthy and powerful in the setting
They have their fingers in a lot of pies throughout the series

I understand that, but it's still great that it's in the same setting.

It sounds very MGS tbqh. I get the feeling it'll get the kojima impact like nier got the platinum impact if that makes sense.

That's cool, man. Honestly, I wish I could feel the same.

>but it's still great that it's in the same setting.
It's not, they're only doing it so people like you would have an interest in it. You might not otherwise give a single fuck about this game if it wasn't set in the same franchise. This game might as well not have anything to do with Front Mission otherwise.

No, he works for Kojima Productions, but they're independent now so there's nothing stopping him from collaborating with other developers.

This and Shape Memory Alloys from Armored Core are permanently burned into my brain

youtube.com/watch?v=x-ykG6lle8w

Well no shit, Kojima now use real peoples for his characters instead of just.. letting Shinkawa draw them.

He probably has nothing really substantial to do on DS anymore and got enough time for this
Honestly he's not a good fit for someone like Kojima anymore.

Good, Kojima is a fallen artist anyway.

The geopolitical setting with superstates was one of the neatest things about FM IMO. But it sounds like we're stuck in one location instead of globe hopping.

>not primarily a mech game
Boy. It's like square Enix comes over to your house and says "check out these great ingredients I have! I'm making a pie!" And you haven't had a really great pie in so long so you're just so excited and thinking about how the ingredients are just right. and he flips the switch on the oven so you can see inside and it turns out it's not a pie at all but that last mini pancake from the freezer you forgot about a month ago and you look up at square and he's just smiling at you like "can't wait for you to try out this pie"

But I'm in for Nabeshima mainly

>food analogies

Proper shilling.

>steal giant robots from the enemies
I love when they do this shit in my Chinese cartoons from the 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Hx5g4ioNBY

People had the same fears about the new Virtual-On but it delivered
I just hope this game is decent beyond muh MGS artist

THANK YOU

the whole FM1 soundtrack is great
dat nigga what made it is a genius

Using a real actor doesn't negate the need for character design. Unless their character's just naked for the entire game I guess.

Tendies gonna REEEE, but I legit think it's the best SNES game.

>It uses a stage-based structure

>It is mainly offline, but that isn’t to say there won’t be any online elements.

>Director Toshifumi Nabeshima: “It’s a third-person shooter. There’s also Wanzer-riding action and stealth elements. How the game is cleared is up to the player.”

I'm just glad it is not some kind of battle royale thing.

youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9fIrZ_GfEmc

So fucking hyped

>offline

Thanks fucking god, seeing the ACV style helis and the genre name I expected the worst desu

>There is no Wanzer customization, but you can craft by obtaining weapons and materials.
I'm out.

>Honestly he's not a good fit for someone like Kojima anymore.

It's the other way around faggot

you are not, get your ass back here

>set in the same world as Front Mission
>can hijack Wanzers 0083 style
I'm fucking sold

Disgusting

Can someone give me a quick summary of the Front Mission world and lore? Please.

I'm not altogether out, but I'm not in, either. They're going to have to make a weapons-grade good game for it to make up for my disappointment that it's a Front Mission "successor" that doesn't even focus on Wanzers anymore.

It'd be like - pretty much exactly like if FROM Software announced that Armored Core was no longer going to have customizeable Cores, but oh, how much they care about Armored Core.

Now lets hope the shooting is actually good, never been a fan of armored core.

There is so much potential in this game, please dont fuck this up.

I'm sorry, but it's unlikely that you'll get to raid a hangar with your Wanzer bros and steal the new prototype Wanzer.

This came out completely from the left field and now I can't think of anything I'm more excited for.

>on foot combat vs big mechs
Aw yeah this is the Mellowlink game I've been waiting for

I've been meaning to get into FM for a while anyways, should I start with the SNES original or the DS remake?

You've never been a fan of Front Mission, either, from the sound of it. But good, because you're apparently their target audience.

Looks pretty Russian to me. Looks like a slightly cleaner version of St. Petersburg.

I've always wanted a combined-arms warfare game with Mechs in it.
This looks like it could lean in that direction along with being pretty scary if they make the Wanzers extremely lethal as they should be.
I want to be exploded instantly if I get shot at, or squished if one of these lands on me:
youtu.be/zDk0IDa3ODw?t=144

So it's basically Metal Gear Solid?

If it's going to be as awful as ACV'sc customization then yeah I wouldn't mind an AC game with no custom Cores and more focus put into controls that feels good and don't requires you to do this

Basically it's the somewhat near future and most of the nations of the world have consolidated into large super states ala the EU. Japan, Australia and some others I am forgetting form the Oceania Cooperative Union, the United States annexes Canada and South America to form the Unified Continental States, the EU nations become the Euro Community, China becomes the People's Republic of Da Han Zong, and Russia is the Zaftran Republic.

Whole series is basically stand alone stories centering on a conflict between one or more of these nations. Lots political intrigue with mecha fighting action to back it up.

The series has 2 spinoffs, one is Gun Hazard, which takes place in a completely different setting to the mainline series and revolves around a coup detat in a fictional German state, and the shadowy motives and groups behind it.

There is also Evolved, which is a completely non canon entry in the series despite it claiming to continue from where Front Mission 3 leaves off. Do not play it, in fact, it doesn't exist. There is only one spinoff.

DS remake, it has some good additional content

>LEFT ALIVE
Why not just reboot the series and call it Front Mission? it sound much better than "Left Alive"
That name kinda kills the opportunity for the sequel.

>Survival Action – The primary objective is survival. The game will have a varied setup, including traps laid out to stir up the battlefield. There is also a crafting element, which allows you to use the materials you obtain to craft items.
Literally MGS Survive

Not a fan but i played the third one and it was comfy

Because then peoples would get mad that it's not SRPG anymore.

Thanks user.

You are correct.

Because they dont want to make TRPG? they clearly want that naughty dog crowd with this survival stuff

After how absolutely awful Evolved turned out they're probably wanting to distance themselves from the name.

>a world where shinkawa and amano worked on the same series

Moscow city

Post pics that match the scenery.

>Moscow

Aww, yeah.

Pseduo-real military settings.

What's the writing and atmosphere like in the Front Mission series?

Never played a game.

I'm fucking pissed that it might potentially be naughty dog cinematic game with front mission world slap on top of it and wanzer is relegate to just being this huge threat only and you only pilot a few time when the story demands it.

Don't get me wrong the idea sounds really cool, stealing wanzer in warzone just to survive and shit but if they gonna do that I think they should just go full open world like the recent mad max game but with wanzer instead so you can customize it or ditch your current wanzer and steal a new one.

Probably your usual animerpg tier of writing and story.

>easy naughtyshit tier cinematic garbage

Not happening with Nabeshima directing.

>The year is 2027

Surprised no one else pointed this out

Wanzers are definitely taking a backseat, and this displeases me greatly. Third person shooters with survival, stealth and crafting elements are not exactly high on my priority list. I'm still open to the possibility of the game being good, but they will have to really pull out the stops to impress me at all at this point.

>not wanting to reckt wanzers with regular weapons and smart tactics and traps

The concept sound more interesting and original than another real time mecha game honestly.

It's actually the inverse in my opinion, Front Mission is one of Square's less known and profitable franchises, by making a new game that so happens to be set in its universe but isn't actually a Front Mission game per se, could make new potential interest spark for the mainline FM series, a new generation could want to check out what the series really is like.

I simply do not undertand this mentality some people have right now "It's not a Front Mission game, they shouldn't have made set in the same universe at all, they are disgracing the franchise"; the fact Square is even bothering to remember the Front Mission brand exists is a plus in my opinion.

You see, the issue is, you are in favour of humans winning.

Cool, will i infiltrate the enemy's base and steal their top secret weapon?

And then a little kid will fall into the cockpit and become the ace pilot after getting slapped silly.

That's original though. And really it's seems clear that managing to steal one would solve most of your survival issue. Getting rewarded this way after overcoming all odds against a powerful mech is an excellent concept and add more strategy and reward to a game that's going to be action anyway.

We're talking about a game by the guy who directed the very first Armored Core and kept the series alive for decades by sheer passion alone, stop sperging out so much, holy shit.

that actually sounds awesome
also it´s just great to see more high budget "western Japanese" games
I always loved the look of Metal Gear

Yes, but not before they steal it from your sister who is also a commander of the army while being secretly in love with you.

>tfw the story isn't about 3 different characters piloting the same mecha in different time periods

This is not game of thrones user

They said they want to show how much they cherish Front Mission brand, then 7 years later they do a spin off that focus on third person shooter.
In a game series that is known for being srpg and customizable giant robot.
Some people probably won't care much but some fan like me feels like I got slap in the face instead of a high five.

Getting new people to look at old games is nice and all but if they really want to do that they should've just remake 3 or 5 instead.

I'm not sold at all now that the info have been out but the team that they gathered could do great things but honestly I'm not expecting much anymore.
Waiting nervously for the gameplay reveal.

>potentially be naughty dog cinematic game
It's being directed by the Armored Core guy, I'm not too worried about that.

>It's a mindefuck and you can't quite tell in what time period they are in.

>On foot vs. Wanzers
>Using guerrilla tactics and traps to survive
>Can steal wanzers from the enemy so there's still mecha combat
>Same world as mainline Front Mission so more lore and worldbuilding
>Promising executive staff and design team

Yeh sounds good to me guys.

Good shit, i would play the fuck out of this game

>Zaftra

Pretty funny, it means "Tomorrow" in Russian.

If they were so unsure about sales they could have made a FM in classical style on the 3DS, low cost and a 70 million install base that already bought Fire Emblem.
Put waifus in it and bam instant success.

>There are also robots designed by Yoji Shinkawa

You sound like one of them cancerous suits destroying games

>remember praying for a FM game to come out on PC after having replayed all there was countless times
>it finally happens
>but it also happens to be the game that kills the fucking series

I hate SE so fucking much.

>There is no Wanzer customization

>Always wanted a Front Mission set in Zaftra
>Get this

I'm good

who cares nigga

More than one person.

You are literally fucking obligated to buy it anyway to increase the chances of there being more Front Mission in the future.

>ND
>Survival stuff
You wot?

That's ZOE 3

Says who?

the devs

Well, shit