Leave Microsoft because they exerted too much control and wouldn't let them make anything but Halo

>leave Microsoft because they exerted too much control and wouldn't let them make anything but Halo
>sign to Activision of all places
>their dream game turns out to be Halo but with shitty MMO systems and lootboxes and microtransactions
>they will be making Destiny games for at least 10 more years
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ovw-zKRWocA
youtube.com/watch?v=q2WbIdD-YJI
youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They made a deal with the devil and signed their baby away to Microsoft. Then they made a deal with the super devil and Jason went a bit crazy from what I understand.

>Micro-transactions

While this is bad, at the very least it's only Bright Engrams that you get for Leveling Up, and all your Bright Engram drops are shared account wide, and you can even farm them with new characters to an extent.

They were creative in all the wrong ways.

Seriously, how the fuck do you just leave behind a space shooter to make another space shooter?

Jason Jones decided to test the boundaries and see just how little he could do to continue being beaten off

Yup it's a real fucking shame, and Destiny is souless compared to Halo. And people have caught on, Destiny 2 has sold much worse than the first.

i wonder what they'll do after their deal with activision ends

Destiny is alright, but you can definintely see the wasted potential the game has. It has legitimately cool lore, but the way Bungie decides how they make the game is fucking ludicrous. How the FUCK do you not have normal matchmaking in 2017? A fucking coop game with no matchmaking, Bungie calls Destiny a social game yet does not facilitate in any way to be social. Raid completion stats are hilariously low because you literally cannot Raid without going to some retarded 3rd party website to try and look for others. This could be fucking remedied so easily by making a god damn hub location specifically for looking for Fireteams for Raids/Nightfalls instead of general stuff like the Tower is.

But no, it's too fucking hard and Bungus simply will not fucking hear it. They legitimately left out voice communication out of the first game for a long period of time because they said "well people online can be dicks"

Halo now is pretty soulless as well

To be fair, some parts of the gameplay were actually improved. But holy fuck that writing and dialogue is awful.

The books are actually in a good place and have been for a few years now, and H5's core mechanics and forge are quite good.

6 has the chance to be one of the best games in the series if 343 truly makes the effort to learn from their mistakes, they've been steadily getting better

Destiny sucks and Halo is turning into SJW cancer.

JUST

>SJW cancer
I haven't played since Halo 4, whut happened?

I don't understand Destiny or Bungie, i remember when the first game was revealed it looked like a pretty serious shooter with a dark setting with a heavy focus on story, but then it released and it was something completely different. Now this sequel is out and with how they marketed it, it seems like an even more generic dudebro shooter than before.

I actually really enjoy Cayde-6 and Failsafe.

I'm assuming he means muh Palmer

Their banter is really enjoyable (although I really dislike the "evil" Failsafe as her dailouge is not as enjoyable as regular Failsafe's). But I feel that's were it ends.

Someone literally got paid to write this line of dialouge in an AAA game "Humanity thrived.....until it didn't..." And overall I feel the Ghost's dialogue tries way too hard to be funny and fails nearly every time.

What you just said

More like
>leave Micro$haft because they don't want to only develop for xbone.

>tfw Halo 3 backwards compat is coming but I never bought a Xbone because MCC is so bad

I didn't, but Failsafe grew on me. I always liked Cayde-6, and Zavala and Ikora go a little overboard with the moody-teenager emotions in this.. glad he's there to lighten it up.

Failsafe is easily the best NPC in the game, Cayde is enjoyable though he can get a little tiring as he is constantly the joke character. Zavala is alright, I don't really give a single shit about Ikora because her character is completely undefined other than "I'm the Warlock".

fuck off, destiny 1 and 2 are fucking great, me and my friends havent had a blast playing together since halo 3.

sage

I can deal with MCC for 60fps 1080p instead of 30fps 720o upscaled to 900p.

>"LIDDLE SPARTAN! GET DA BIG SPARTAN!"

>space shooter
Nah fuck you. It's not because the genre is dead that you're allowed to steal the term for your fantasy fps.

I'm still salty about Cortana desu.

Asher is cool. And Sloane is pretty plain, but she's not bad either as a character.

>H5's core mechanics and forge are quite good
Bullshit. Halo 5 has gone the way of homogeneous FPSs and feels distinctly un-Halo.
And while the forge tools are undoubtedly in-depth, the forge mode is bogged down with all these tools and is far less accessible to players who just wanted to crank out different map or game type ideas in a short amount of time. Whether or not that's a bad thing is up for debate, however.

It's a good thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ovw-zKRWocA

> H5 feels distinctly un-Halo

Stopped reading there, you clearly haven't played the multiplayer. You're just shitposting about it. Almost had me, my dude.

Probably that thing where idea guys need someone to reel their shit back, this actually makes a better product more often than not.

>I
>am ordering you
>TO SUESNRKDNFSNSK

Kys asap my man.

Right after you, buddy of mine.

This.
There's a gem hidden somewhere in destiny's bullshit

I have played it, so I have first hand experience with the sprinting, parkour, loadouts, lootboxes, weapon skins, etc.
Try not to look so retarded when you get defensive next time.

LETS TAKE A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE SHALL WE

youtube.com/watch?v=q2WbIdD-YJI

This

They're the Rarewareof the 00's.

They made hit after juggernaut hit to dominate the decade, then theysold out to a corporation, all their talented people jumped ship, and how they make shovelware skinner box simulators for their corporate overlords.

RIP bungie.net too

So you played it with the sole intention of looking at all the bells and whistles and decided that defined the play? Boy, you sure are special. I can see not liking it, hell I can see hating it, but calling it distinctly un-Halo is flat wrong. That's just some kind of attention-grabbing idiocy that wants to use whatever words will grab (you)s. You don't have real opinions, just memes.

yeah its almost as soulless as half-life

Halo was never anything special. The one and only notable thing about it was that it took the Perfect Dark dual analog control method and improved on it. Outside of the controls, the game was completely dull. We also have it to thank for the rise of fucking matchmaking and DLC which are the things that destroyed support for player-hosted servers.

Bungietard were delusional

The problem is noone plays those cool maps
Halo 5 online is dead

This

youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88

Halo CE had
- huge maps
- blend of vehicle and onfoot segments
- best AI on the market
- a really cool setting
- NPCs fight for you

There were zero
ZERO(0) other games like that

>mfw Halo 5 & 4 are much better than the shit they pulled with Destiny & Destiny 2
keked

This

>"If you think you're making the best game ever you're goinf to make shit." Bungie 2006
>"It's the best game ever guys!" Bungie 2014

it rhymes

>Bullshit. Halo 5 has gone the way of homogeneous FPSs and feels distinctly un-Halo.

I disagree. It's certainly picking elements from the recent jetpack parkour stuff FPS's have been doing lately, but I think for Halo it works well since the one thing halo has always struggled with relative to other arena shooters is it's lack of advanced movement options and feeling slow and floaty.

I don't see the issue with it borrowing elements from other games or trends as long as it synergyizes well with Halo's gameplay and I think it does.

Perfect Dark and Operation Flashpoint had nearly all of that and both came out before Halo. Flashpoint even came out earlier in the same year Halo released. And shortly after Halo we got Battlefield 1942 which handled vehicles far better than Halo ever did.

>a really cool setting
>implying there weren't hundreds of games with more interesting settings made before halo
>implying halo's setting is anything more than just generic military SF that you only think is cool because you were a stupid child who hadn't read any military SF before
Halo is dull trash. You're just blinded by nostalgia. Like people who think Sonic Adventure still holds up just because they were dumb kids with a fancy new Dreamcast when it came out. There were far better games before and after Halo, the control scheme was the only worthwhile thing it did.

This

So how much of a generic AAA style shooter is Destiny 2? Saw a commercial the other day and it looked like your generic shovelware shooter with generic characters and gameplay.

Also how "hardcore" is it? Does endgame content need actual skill and teamplay?

why do people like halo 3?
>muh multiplayer
it's a console shooter.

Because it was the best in the series, why do people like Doom?
>muh demons
It's a Wolfenstein clone.

>best in the series
kek

I have not seen so much wrong in one post

Yeah, it is, you got a problem with that?

I saw someone on twitch do part of some raid. It was basic boss mechanics.
>shoot thing that triggers boss fight
>team A stays in an alternative dimension and relays what thing to shoot while team B fucks around and shoots shit
>both teams regroup and shoot boss while standing in a certain area
I'm assuming they had to repeat the process until the boss was dead but I left the stream before they could finish the fight.

I was and still am a huge Halo fanboy, or at least Bungie Halo to be more precise, 1-3, ODST, Reach, and really looked forward to Destiny but never got around to playing it because of how un-fun and grindy it seemed. It looked like they copied a phone game and then slapped a FPS onto it. Boring content locked behind artificial barriers that you had to grind to get to only to have to grind further to get to further boring content. Then Destiny 2 came around, I was pretty excited again. They even were bringing it to PC, what a great idea. Then I played the beta, multiplayer filled with 1 shot abilities and hero powers, press Q to kill the entire enemy team type shit on low cooldowns. Lot's of stuff was going on on screen, but very little player skill was involved, it all seemed very flashy and designed to make the player feel like he was doing really well, when in reality he was just doing what everyone else was doing. Don't even get me started on the """raid""", what a fucking joke. Why would they make multiplayer parties cap at 4, then raid parties at 3? What is this? Who thought this was a good idea? then there is the other raids that cap at 6? And on top of all of this there is no difficulty, it was all piss easy. Now I'm looking at the game on consoles and everything is piss easy. Then there is the marketing campaign with Basketball players, Celebrities, the sorts all dancing. What the fuck?

Bungie come on. Just make a fucking video game that actually lives up to your past products. There was a reason Halo 2 and 3, even Reach had some of the best multiplayer and gameplay, it wasn't because you could press your special ability, become invulnerable, and just kill everyone every ten seconds. They were well thought out and executed games. What they're making now just seems like soulless cash grabs filled with normies spamming dabs and emotes.

Maybe if they actually brought the franchise over to PC with cross-platform play to populate the multiplayer, That wouldn't be an issue,