This kills Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

neowin.net/news/eu-paid-for-then-suppressed-study-that-says-piracy-doesnt-harm-sales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apologize.

the people who pirate the games would have never bought the games anyways, so the amount of money the company will make never actually changes

>good game
Cracking DRM, copying and sharing it is just free advertisement.

>bad game
Cracking DRM, copying and sharing it exposes how shit the game is.

>Look it up
>It's real

The least you could do is link an article with it OP
neowin.net/news/eu-paid-for-then-suppressed-study-that-says-piracy-doesnt-harm-sales

Those fuckers have nothing to go on now though, so that's nice

you're right, but that also doesn't mean you are entitled to something you didn't buy.
not that I can stop anybody

>pirate
Do not use that word to describe copying and using files as it has nothing in common with killing people and pillaging on the high seas.

>Pirates reassuring themselves to clear their conscience.

There's no other way to put it, you're going to hell bros, where Doom Guy will brutally kill you over and over til the end of time.

>namefag
>has a shitty opinion
Wow, what a surprise.

>entitled
when will humanity grow out of this trash philosophy.

What a fucking disgusting goon.

of course it doesn't. I pirate games because I can't afford them. if piracy was gone I just wouldn't play the game. if you are well off with money to spend and you pirate games you should probably kys

based fat man

Sup Forums BTFO NOW AND FOREVER!

>opinion
It is not an opinion, it is a fact, corporate cuck.

ok, harmful or not I'm still going to do what I'm going to do

wtf. I've been downloading and deleting a rom of Mega Man X everyday since 2001. You're telling me it's not affecting Capcom at all?

Is this a fucking surprise to anybody? Anybody that thinks that piracy takes away from sales is an idiot. Pirates were never going to buy the game in the first place. The discussion is whether or not it's moral to pirate games.

beat it kid

>i don't pirate

>There are people on Sup Forums, who unironically, more than just shitposting, actually get mad at video game 'piracy' and even side with the companies

Imagine if Sup Forums or Sup Forums were as self-loathing and cucked as this one board is

delete this post right fucking now

The sales argument is moot, this is an ideological issue.

A person using somebody's intellectual property without their permission is an inherent violation of the NAP and is thus fundamentally immoral. Piracy may not cause monetary damages but still directly violates the property rights of it's creators, which still makes it wrong.

He looks like a big guy.

>The report found that illegal downloads and streams can actually boost legal sales of games, according to the report. The only negative link the report found was with major blockbuster films

Nonpirates completly BTFO

I don't think there is one single person in this world who has not pirated something in their entire life

>violation of the NAP
Ancaps aren't people

Well duh. It was never an argument of wether it hurt sails for anyone intelligent. Its just a matter of fairness. Is it fair that you get to enjoy someones work and offer nothing in return when they are selling the results.

>Piracy may not cause monetary damages but still directly violates the property rights of it's creators, which still makes it wrong.
>this is an ideological issue
Counterpoint, making paying customer's life harder by applying contrived and intrusive DRM is not a solution.

Here we have an example of a soulless, corporate husk of a man. If you cared about games, you'd spread piracy to keep the industry thriving.

Basically this. Once I had an income, I basically stopped pirating shit. I don't mind paying for my hobby, but when I had no money, there was no alternative. I wasn't gonna not play shit just because I grew up in a poor family.

>Is it fair that you get to enjoy someones work and offer nothing in return
if I were a game dev I would rather someone pirate my game and play it then not play it all and have them not experience the work I have put so much effort into creating.

it's meant to be a comedic exaggeration but that's literally the reality of the situation

>NAP
what the fuck is a nap
some left wing economic spook

Not an argument
DRM is absolutely a solution, but only as long as it's clearly marked as part of the product. If you actively make your product worse and that worseness results in more lost sales then piracy, then the market will punish you.

How does it violate your silly NAP if nobody is harmed?

you harmed his feeling

but why would they try to cover it up???!?!?

>A person using somebody's intellectual property without their permission is an inherent violation of the NAP and is thus fundamentally immoral.
intellectual property shouldn't belong to a single person or company; this results in a lot of good IPs being held hostage forever
for example:
>everyone wants new game from x franchise
>company will not make game
>fans try to make game, company shuts them down
>franchise never gets a new game because ??????
yooka-laylee is a good example of the ridiculous loopholes people have to go through
>everyone wants banjo-threeie, from the fans to even the people behind the old games
>microsoft won't let them, so they have to make not-banjo-threeie with different characters
in short, fuck you

Headlines like that just reek of reddit to me. My fucking god I hate those people.

Intellectual property is nothing but a Spook and we all know it

>paying for 1s and 0s.
Dumb buycucks

Property is an extension of somebody's natural rights, even intellectual property.

I wouldn't say it's equivalent to physical violence of course, but violating your right to your property is still wrong.

It's because the average consumer does just that. Consumes.
Movies and Music is the easiest shit to pirate yet everyone I know, "dude lol no ill get a virus, Ill just buy it" or, "dude lol some hacker can get your info if you download no way"
they are fucking retards.

Fact is there are tons of shills and devs that post here everyday. There was just a thread about lootboxes and most people were defending it like it was their last day on eaerth.

>DRM is absolutely a solution
It's not, it's like a door only paying customers have to go through, it makes the experience of those who paid for the product worse than for those who illegally copied it.

Non aggression principle, it's an ancap thing that no one cares about

>still mad that let's plays are fair use

kek

To a mind corroded by economic issues such as a communist "muh means of the production" or a libertarian "muh free market", economic issues seem as real as their friends (or lack thereof).

>if you are well off with money to spend and you pirate games you should probably kys
you should kill yourself you fucking retard

If there is no actual harm to sales, well that that means you're denying fellow humans access to culture for no other reason than you wanting to be a dick about it.

By which point I think we'll see you in hell.

More seriously that current intellectual exclusivity rights are way outdated and need to be dismantled and remade.

Intellectual property was created specifically to allow proper remuneration of creators. Originally to protect creators from publishers - who would rake fortunes publishing books without ever paying the authors. Nowadays they are used to protect publishers from the public- while quite often allowing them to dispossess creators from their work.

There *is* an ideological stance at the core of IP rights and it's been broken for while now - none of the IP forms (copyright, trademark, patent...) play their intended constitutional mandate.

Intellectual property don't real.

>let's plays are fair use
This is objectively not true though. It's why nobody takes a company's DMCA on a Lets Play to court cause they know they'd lose.

>get to hang with doomguy for all eternity
sounds like a win to me

That is one clickbaity title. The report said it found no robust impact from piracy, not that it found none.

PDP is and he'll win instantly.

>he thinks language doesn't evolve and change over time

Not surprising of a piratefag. Uneducated, which leads to no job and no money.

All these faggots trying to justify being a thief and poor.

Reminder: Most games /developers/ don't like or want DRM, it's /publishers/ that push that shit on them.

>It's why nobody takes a company's DMCA on a Lets Play to court
But it's ok when Nintendo does it?

No legal expert would say so in any respect.

The PDP case is different since those dev's gave a blanket licence to everyone that may or may not be legally binding. Against, say, Nintendo, that defense wouldn't work.

I haven't pirated anything in months because there's nothing worth even pirating.

I'd also like some kind of study on the effects of DRM and if they actually increase sales or not
but it would be pretty hard to avoid my conformation bias there
Still haven't bought this yet, nor even pirated since I heard some ending of it was online only

Why did they suppress it?

Can shills and normalfags get out of Sup Forums pls

>tfw doomguy on me
wow I'll leave in style

guarantee you have an elementary schooler's understanding of free market.

>muh entitlement

Literal representation.
Why does Sup Forums get so butthurt over piracy in the first place? I always wondered why? Are Sup Forums just that much of contrarians?

>torrented dragons dogma when it got released early on PC
>liked it so much bought a copy for myself and 3 friends
The only time i don't buy what I torrent is if i don't like the product

>Piracy doesn't harm sales
Seems legit

You're not a legal expert so don't pretend to speak for them.

Let's plays are objectively fair use due to the comment portion provided by the creator. This means the work becomes transformative.

>b-but communism was never actually tried

What board is the leftmost stick figure supposed to represent?

I vote with my wallet
If I dislike a company (ie. EA/Ubisoft/Paradox) I pirate their games even thought I still want the product, I just dont want to deal with their bullshit for the finished good

Sometimes I buy a game and only pirate the DLC for the same reasons

who are you quoting?

normalfags

This is so true.

most intelligent post i've seen on Sup Forums in months

>link
>not archive

Sup Forums is also the most underage board outside of Sup Forums so take that for what you will

corporate shills

Because they were embarrassed by the list of games bought by their citizens.

DELET DIS

Sup Forums

but user free market was tried (and worked) until Nixon.

>Do these facts indicate that we should repeal laws, making us look less important?
>Are these facts inconvenient to the people funding us?
>If so, pretend it doesn't exist.
Now you know how government works.

normalfags pirate as much if not more so than Sup Forums

but normalfags also own consoles and dont have the option available to them
most normies I know have a 1TB hdd of pirated movies/music, if not multiple externals

Because guilt actually stops people. If the EU came out and said "Piracy isn't hurting anything" people would be more apt to do it. If enough people did it, it actually could be harmful.

well said

You.

Sup Forums

Sup Forums
It's the In the Aeroplane Over the Sea album cover

Yep.

Piracy is prevalent on every single board devoted to Media and nobody else cares, the difference is pirates on Sup Forums are massive faggots about it.

>content that used to be full of commies decides a commie action is ok
Yeah nah this is straight up propaganda to bring that shit baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa