youtube.com/watch?v=oU9F54TIoiI
youtube.com/watch?v=OVGQbuHZyu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no sex scenes
dropped.rm

>Larian=Belgian
>Cdpr=polish
Notice anything?

I was still amazed when they announced that free Enhanced Edition.
Is there any other studio that doesn't jew out with their kickstarter money?

eastern europe is best europe. especially since they NOPE.jpg to hordes of refugees shittin things up and refusing to assimilate.

>Not fapping to the voices and text
>Need video
Get out pleb

How to fall in love with Swen:

youtube.com/watch?v=c-4gxB9ulHk

youtube.com/watch?v=W-Nq9_X68os

and for RPG goodness in general (this one is audio only):

youtube.com/watch?v=0-yl5diQv3Q&ab_channel=LarianStudios

Sorry but even new crpg's are outdated as fuck and boring to play.

THIS

I think maybe Dragon Age Inquisition is more your speed?

>gave the lizard women fat asses
They're good in my book

>Belgium
>Eastern Europe
>Belgium
>Against Rapefugees

u wot

Larian is total bro studio. Absolutely sad what happened with divinity 2 though. I'd love to see them possibly remake that with all the cut content as their next project.

Cringy dialogue and shit balancing, I wouldn't say gameplay comes first for Larian. Decent games either way

American education, folks

That's cool and all, but crpgs are fucking garbage.

I guess their dialogue style isn't for everyone but personally I find it a breath of fresh air for a RPG to not take itself so direly serious. A little levity here and there really isn't so bad

Beard dude wants to punch the girl.

I guess it's also the way the conversation options are presented. Very unique

I'm absolutely clueless to the CRPG scene. What game are you referring to? I'm trying to fall back in love with video games by playing shit I never played before and this is my next stop.

Waffles and drinking?

Overrated like every other CRPG made in modern day.

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Isn't that literally what they did with The Dragon Knight Saga?

now now user, don't be like that. It'll come to consoles soon enough.

Obsidian.

They just wanna make good games.

They make good games

We just wanna play games

We play thier good games.

It's a good deal

What happened to divinity 2? I'm out of the loop.

Not that I'm aware of? There's tons and tons of stuff that never got finished unless I'm mistaken. There's a video that shows all of it somewhere but I'm not sure what it's called.

Did you just mix Belgium and Belarus together?

Not him but I also found it cringeworthy and annoying the first time I tried playing OS1 last year, dropped it when I got to End of Time for first time and they dropped the "YOU'RE A CHOSEN ONE, NOW KILL THE EVIL BLACK DRAGON" plot twist on me, it was just too cliche for me and killed the game for me back then.
I started playing it again last week after finishing Dragon Commander (which had MUCH better writing despite gameplay being an extremely simplistic RTS is barebones Risk mechanics) and after getting through the objectively fucking TERRIBLE first 8 hours or so of the murder mystery in town, I started enjoying it quite a bit.
The game is what I can call aquired taste, didn't work for me first time around but definitely is working now.

Thanks, brother. Have a good night or day, wherever you are.

He's talking about Original Sin 2, but play Original Sin 1 first, especially since Enhanced Edition exists and was free to everyone who bought the game prior.

user you're retarded, you're thinking of Dragon Commander, not Divinity 2.

Dragon Knight Saga is just a re-release of Divinity 2 with Expansion, he's a retard and confusing Dragon Commander (the RTS game with Sup Forums simulator) with Divinity 2.

By the way, do I need to play the original game to enjoy this one?

They made all the Divinity Games, which have been changing RPG genres for almost every series entry.

The older, often heralded cRPGs made by Bioware/Interplay/Black Isle usually had pause & play gameplay, which was great for the time but got stale as time went on. Larian changed the formula in Divinity: Original Sin, with tactical turn-based combat with a strong emphasis on environmental hazards and manipulation, which took cRPGs to the next level and was extremely fun to play.

Not at all. There are some details people who played the original will get, but it's perfectly fine to go into OS2 knowing nothing.

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

>>put gameplay first, everything else comes after
If i wanted to play something with good gameplay, I'd play anything but an RPG.
You have to be seriously autistic to play RPGs for the ""gameplay""

DONT PLAY DIVINITY OS1 FIRST.

IT'S WAY WORSE THAN 2.

ESPECIALLY THE FIRST FEW HOURS.

you are retarded

>belgium
>eastern europe
>no refugees

You have to go back.

It's a good game, well worth the money.

If you play OS2, you'll never be able to go back to OS1 due to all the mechanical improvements 2 made.
Don't be a faggot and play OS1 first, don't listen to cancerous secondary dipshits like And you, I hope you get the most aggressive cancer and die.

Does he have good taste?

youtube.com/watch?v=oU9F54TIoiI

Here, this is what I'm referring to. You can drop the asshattery now. Skip to around 6 minutes if you don't want to watch it all
youtube.com/watch?v=OVGQbuHZyu4

Ok so I won't play os1 first

That's just regular game cuts that happen to literally every game under the sun, it's not like Dragon Commander cuts where they had resources to make it all but decided not to and killed the game deliberately to instead focus on OS1 since their small studio couldn't handle two big games at the same time.

>man trying to get into the genre
>retard tells him to play a bad one because it came out first.

Nigga he'll play OS1 if he likes OS2.

Yep I hope you get cancer and die then dipshit, die in most painful and exquisite agony imagineable since that's all you deserve you shitstain.

>OS1
>Bad
Kill yourself.
OS1's slow start is flat out better for newfags than OS2 that immediately throws you on deep waters with hard combat encounters.
Have you even fucking seem release date? A ton of normies ragequit OS2 because they couldn't handle the difficulty.
You're a goddman retard.

Difficulty won't bother me. Just gives me a reason to learn faster and my autistic side will kick in. I just want to have a good first experience with the genre.

>OS2
>hard

Are you a fucking brainlet or something.
The average person doesn't need 5 hours of dipshit npc's being boring asshats with no connection to the main story to figure out how to play a turn based RPG.

>ultima fanboy

I really regret not getting OS1 when it was on sale, I've been planning to get it for ages but I got such a massive backlog that I felt I didn't need it.. and now that everyone is hyping OS2 so much and it looks like such a great game, I feel like I want to buy both and play through them.

What's the cheapest way to acquire OS1? I'm not keen on piracy, but I've been looking on various places like steam, gog, humblebundle, etc and they all have it at full price which is a bit too high for me. Anyone got any discounts or tips on where to buy OS1?

Pic unrelated, I just want attention

My old workplace was right next to Larian. Some of my coworkers worked there as animators, apparently Swen is a super friendly guy and it's a really nice place to work.

Just wait a couple of months for the steam christmas sale.

Regardless of the whys, it's quite a lot of content and ideas they had practically fully finished to some degree on divinity 2 that were all scrapped. I would love to see them fully restored to the game as per their original vision.

UNF

There's always reseller sites like G2A and Kinguin. Though at that point you might as well just pirate since none of the money will go to the devs anyways.

Considering I just bought 3 new games and I'll be busy with them for a couple more months, that's probably the most reasonable option. Thanks user. It's just so hard to resist the temptation though, every time I see these threads I weep inside a bit.

Yeah, I looked around there but fuck that, I despise those scummy sites.

If you want to save money, you go to sites like G2A, but those don't give devs a single cent, so you might as well pirate.
tl;dr you can't get it cheap AND support devs at the same time

Just remember that the more you wait the better the game will be.

I enjoyed Divine Divinity for what it was. Sort of whacky parody with nice aesthetics and quests.

Beyond Divinity is a fucking mess, though. Next time I go back to that game it's gonna be with a guide and some prebuilt character classes because everything from Battlegrounds to the empty hallways and shitty maps is just a fucking trainwreck.

What's the cutest femlizard face + crest combo?

In what way do reselling sites short-change the developers? I am not insinuating that they don't, I just want to know how it happens.

>So lonely you need romance and sex in every video game you play.

Pretty pathetic mate.

Most of the time it's stolen copies of the game, purely for the CD keys or it's the type of scummy shit where they buy from shitty countries for much cheaper.

Realistically, CD-key sites "give" devs like $3.50.

>evolve the crpg genre more than any other developer in the last 15 years

How come nobody in the entire thread called out this brazen fucking lie?

They've been caught selling fraudulent keys.

Nothing wrong with buying games from G2A when the developer is jewish. It's where I bought Overwatch.

Who did it better?

>Most of the time it's stolen copies of the game
I dislike those sites as much has the next guy but that's just false. It's rare that the keys are stolen. Most of the times it's just copies bought on the cheap and sold for a meager profit.

People use stolen credit cards to buy keys.
They put up the keys for sale.
They then get chargebacks after selling the keys.

The bank charges the vendor (in this case the publisher/developer) a chargeback fee.

It literally costs the developers money. Piracy is better.

So it's similar to buying used games on console. Feed the jew to beat the kike. I like it.

Isn't D:OS2 is a buggy and unbalanced mess?

no?
Where are you even hearing that?

>read book
>*an interesting and well written short story*
Lazy, tbdesu.
I am actually enjoying the game but the *action* writing is a little grating at times.

First tell me what Larian actually evolved.

The genre. Now u

G2A isn't like "legit" resellers where they get keys from distributors themselves, it's a public marketplace akin to Ebay, but they take a cut of each sale.
G2A enables all the russian hackers with stolen credit cards to buy keys with stolen cards, sell those keys on G2A (money laundering) and then when the cards inevitably get blocked by bank and money charged back to the original owner of the card, the Russian still stays with the money in his pocket thanks to money he got from selling the keys.
G2A has absolutely no verification for that shit.
That's not to say there aren't legit keys there, since I did buy legit keys for a lot of older shit there, but don't ever EVER buy anything expensive or "big" there since chances are much higher it's fraudulent the fuck out.

In every single thread? People complain about unbalanced summoners and retarded armor system.

>scam their fans to finance Original Sin.

Fuck off with this developer glorifying, they're all in it for your money.

The armor system is literally the best thing to happen to the combat system.

Also
>complaining about balance in a single player rpg.

Being able to break the game is fine in that context, it's fun even.

Physics interaction with almost everything, various elements interacting with eachother physically, gas clouds being able to be ignited by fire, water putting out fire, wet stuff being easy to freeze and so on, games like Baldur's Gate or Pillars never had anything of the sort.

armour system is an antipode of fun
before you strip armour it's a straight dps fest
after you strip armour the enemy is effectively dead

>owns a Killer Instinct arcade cab
Always knew this guy was a baller.

It's literally one guy doing that. This is what happens when you pay attention to trolls.

Not him but Armor system is pure fucking cancer. I wish they went back to how it worked in OS1.
I can't stand the Armor mechanic in OS2, especially since it makes all debuffing spells useless, since they will never land a hit on enemy with armor, and by the time you strip down the armor, there's no point in using them anymore so you might as well just never get debuffing/CC spells to begin with.

It's a fucking mess.
Also the game is buggy, not Obsidian-game-on-release-day-buggy, but it is fucking buggy.
I dropped it and am playing Divine Divinity instead, after that I'll probably force myself through the infamous Beyond so I can play Divinity 2, by the time I'm finished with all 3, OS2 should be patched to a more reasonable state.

>after you strip armour the enemy is effectively dead
Now you know why it's there to begin with.

Which aspect specifically?

Capcom and From showed us that you can have stat-affected action combat that doesn't suck
CDPR and Obsidian showed us how to do grey morality and meaningful c&c
King's Bounty set a new standard for tactical turn-based battles

So I'll ask again, which part of RPG gameplay did Larian evolve in the last 15 years?

Physics is and always will be a gimmick, but even then Dark Messiah did it ages ago and much better. Elements interacting with each other is straight up lifted from Magicka.

>system was used in other game
>this somehow stops it from being cool and unique in other contexts.

r u retarded.

Armor should simply add to your defense calculations like in the first game, or give you a higher chance to not get hit like in D&D.
The way it works in OS2 is basically pants on head retarded.
If you were to put what OS2 IRL, it would be equivalent of you mashing the enemy's front piece of armor over and over and over and over again until it fucking breaks and falls of.
It's THAT stupid.

there must be a balance between a lack of any sort of debuffing and disabling enemies entirely
they went with the worst possible solution as it destroys the viability of ALL debuffs and ALL dot damage
even a fucking taunt is resisted
a fucking underrail did disabling right as any enemy gets stun immunity for a few turns after being stunned so you can't keep them in stunlock for the entire combat

Free form world interaction. You're limited only by your creativity and the rules of the game to accomplish any given task.

t. shitter
If you had the brains to form good strategies, the armor system wouldnt give you trouble.

>You're limited only by your creativity and the rules of the game

Almost like EVERY FUCKING GAME IN EXISTENCE

Great ad hominem that doesn't address literally anything, you sure fucking showed me.

Bit of a deviation but did you guys pirate the game?

How in your face is the romance in this? Is it just harmless flirting or do you have actual romance scenes like Bioware?