I'm about 5% into MGS:V. I just found that puppy as a frame of reference...

I'm about 5% into MGS:V. I just found that puppy as a frame of reference. It'seems kind of okay sneaking around around ballooning people around noway, but...the missions are starting to blend together and I don't really give a shit about the mission objectives which are all kill guy or rescue guy. Pretty much what I got from the plot so far is build up an army to fight the baddies because they are bad...

Does this get any better? I can only go into a base and balloon everything out so many times...

The fulton makes the game too easy. So does DD.

>Does this get any better?
no

Yes. There is no reason to kill people and hide bodies. Might as well tranq shot em and baloon them...

It's a fun sandbox to play around in. Don't try to get too much from the story, although I thought some of the cutscenes were fun to watch. I enjoyed it overall, even if the second half's backtracking and ending left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just Cause is a fun sandbox. MGSV is terrible/

I haven't really explored the open world part because it seems just littered with bases and outposts. Is there cool stuff to find by exploring?

As a side note, what the hell were they thinking making shit build in like an hour real time?!

>Is there cool stuff to find by exploring?
no.

You are not Big Boss, you are his Medic

The balloon puts the entire base into caution if anyone is within a 20-30m radius and has LOS, this strategy only works if you can isolate all the guards.

We world calls for wetwork, and you answered.

>he fell for kojima's ruse
Big Boss is having a identity crysis, the tapes are fake.

>what is wormhole

you get Mother Base progression, which is cool. the problem is there are certain equips to research and then 1000 others you will never need. you have to go out of your way to experiment and take different approaches, otherwise you just research silenced tranq rifle on Quiet, or for yourself and take DD, then just run around being invincible and fultoning half the population of the Congo.

the story is bunk yeah but the sandbox nature is ok. the controls are so good, the best fun i had was repeating tough missions until i could execute some perfect action movie scene. at the end i would fill the area with C4, get in my helicopter blaring some music, and watch the place light up as i leave.

>what is a late-game item that's irrelevant to OP

Make sure you kill Quiet. Her arc is pretty bad and her cutscenes are really intrusive. Plus she makes the game too easy.

DD is alright. There are only 2 short cutscenes. Makes the game really easy but if it bothers you then just turn off enemy highlighting

Anyways if you dont like repetition MGSV isnt the game for you. For me MGSV is the best game in years

I wish Joost was real.

>miss out on the final missions.

you can get the ending without Quiet. The only thing you end up missing is that shitty siege mission which is probably the worst in the game

i know right? why did kojima do this to us all?

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO LOOK AT THE FEET

MODS

why are feet so lewd?

Disgusting. Censor this garbage next time.

Just picture how soft and sensitive her soles are when you touch them.

agreed, this is a blue board

delete these you degenerates.

>Kojima probably gave her his solid Snake at one point

He's a god among gods.

>20-30m radius

False as fuck if theyre asleep which they should always be anyways

a fulton upgrade that does not improve the situation he was descibing. the wormhole will still be automatically detected if a guard is within 30 meters of it. Through walls, above or below, 30 meters and theyll be alerted and sprint towards your position. I know this because ive tried extracting guards at the bottom level of the mansion and the guards at the top level with no way to see or hear are alerted to it just because they were within 30 meters.
I was in your same boat like a week ago now ive beat the game, gonna finish the last 3 S ranks I need then i guess ill start invading, cant tell you yet what that will be like but nobody has bothered to invade me my entire playthrough

?
I've been invading daily for two years now what are you talking about?

this literally isnt a spoiler.

i fucking never understood why this is considered a twist or why the last mission or the tapes explaining it even need to exist because it was literally all explained in the fucking prologue. They literally show you the plastic surgery and describe the whole thing while it happened, then obviously it was big boss helping you and you were the other guy, only twist was who exactly it was but it was obvious it would just be one of his guys in the chopper, like i was so fucking confused at the end when they were like "surprise its not big boss!" and i was like, "well yeah, that was explained in the first mission like wtf is even going on"

i still dont get it

well nobody invades me, just saying i havent tried yet so i dont know how much replay value there is in it

meant for

Just carry one guard at a time away from the rest and fulton them away. Pretty easy. That said, I immensely enjoyed the game because I am not retarded and didn't ruin it for me by hyping it up.

There should be a mod for a truck like from PO as a fulton replacement.

that takes forever. honestly i enjoy trying to sneak around guards as much as possible, game turns into farcry when you just tranq everyone and "clear" outposts, its much more fun sneaking around right under their noses, i only extract S and above and I either avoid or kill anyone else. if you try to "ghost" more the game has a lot more depth, plus it gives a use for all those fun gadgets.

The biggest issue with this game is that it's open world. This makes practically every infiltration a walk in the park because you can simply bolt around on the walker or horse and waltz in from the back.

Yeah, the open world did the game absolutely nothing good. They should've taken the resources it took to create the world and make multiple large bases like the one in GZ and large number of small ones too.

Whats the best buddy and why is it the D-walker?
-fastest movement speed
-can defend itself pretty damn well and serve as a perfect anvil to your hammer
-best scouting mode in the game, way more range than ddog
-free to deploy the head so you can attach it to a default walker and you now have a dirt cheap detector that serves as a ride and can be switched out for an assault setting at any time.
-you can carry a full nonlethal loadout and use the walker to take on choppers
-easily escape from any situation via its armor and speed

d-walker trivializes the game really, and you can just deploy a cheap one and switch to the expensive version in the field for what im pretty sure is totally free and an exploit but im not entirely sure how or if it charges me at the end or something

Happy late Peace Day everyone.

I was really looking forward to it, played all the other games leading up to it, then never finished it. I stopped playing when I got to africa and just never picked it up again

seems like a waste, game is fun as fuck to plat when you actually have shit to do, its when youre done with all that it loses stream.

*play, steam
man i really fucked up that sentence fucking phone

>Does this get any better
Nope. You've played the whole game. Go watch the trailers, they're better than the game.

One day Joost will be my girlfriend

>Is there cool stuff to find by exploring?
The exact opposite actually.

GOOD LUCK user!!!!

Why would you post Princess Kate?

you can make a lot of money and collect a lot of resources free roaming around and looting outposts, you can find dozens of containers. its all about making money, not really much in the way of easter eggs though.

it has its moments
i still play it regularly despite being somewhat of a let down from what i expected the game to be.

IMO it«s one of those games that despite it's flaws is still a 10/10

Still it's a real disappointment if you're hoping for interesting stuff. It's just a way to earn more bucks for the boring unlock system

>games sooo ezz wat daa fukk
>uses tools that are designed to make missions easy
wew lads.

I want to see Joosten wrap those dick sucking lips around a big black cock

try roleplaying as like a hunter, wear some camo (instead of the sneaking suit we all wear all the time because of the footsteps) go out with ddog and a jeep, and just enjoy going around collecting all the animals and plants and enjoying the landscape, which while empty of collectables is still beautiful. i doubt youve captured them all yet theres probably more to find for most of us.

Honestly the oil refinery is the best mission.

>I just found that puppy as a frame of reference
Okay, so you just completed C2W, then, very early in the game.
>the mission objectives which are all kill guy or rescue guy
That's most of the missions, OP. Some missions have gimmicks, or script out elongated and challenging events that make the original objectives seem less like a copypaste, but that is what you are dealing with, outside of story-centered missions.
>Pretty much what I got from the plot so far is build up an army to fight the baddies because they are bad
Technically, the story is to build an army after losing your old one and then fighting the baddies who took it from you the first time because the villain is retarded and trying to start shit with you again, with a bunch of Metal Gear storytelling nonsense thrown in to make things interesting, but you've about got it right.
>Does this get any better?
You're still early in the game. Give it another twelve missions before you make that call for yourself.

Sure but the game's always reminding you that you should be earning funbux for your unlock treadmill and all that. I didn't install that MGSV mod that lets you do extra stuff, that was somewhat cool I guess, but still didn't really make the game feel like less of a slog.

Yeah the treadmill additions are one of the killers of the game as far as I'm concerned.

Best thing for me has been the Subsistence mode missions. Made me long for a whole game designed - carefully hand-crafted and balanced around it.

As it stands, too many of the options are rendered insignificant by the set up, and it makes for a cool virtual toy that could act as the base to a solid game, but the game itself is barely there.

capturing animals is the most boring thing in this game, especially with capture cages

how is fultoning animals any more fun than scouting for S rank officers?