WOW, WHAT A Resident Evil thread

WOW, WHAT A Resident Evil thread.

strawpoll.me/13976095

Best girl.

Bringing coffee into a lab is bad GLP

Can we all agree that RE6's Mercenary could be way more fun if the zombies had the same response to damage in RE4?

Hag

I don't get how people can vote 4 as their favourite unless it's some sore of nostalgia or so they can fit in

Are the movies really that bad?

>Implying

All the live action movies are absolute dogshit, but the 4th and 5th ones are funny-bad.
The CG ones are alright but Vendetta is trash.

why do people like 2 so much? its good but nowhere near as good as 3

Still can't believe this moron played Outbreak without the online. That's like saying Counter Strike sucks when he only played deleted scenes single player.

>I can't believe this guy didn't play Outbreak online during the brief time it was and never bothered to get a japanese copy of the game to play it online by using an overly complicated guide
You're autistic

did you ever watch the first live action movie?

This.
2 is seriously lacking in environmental variety compared to the others.
>Streets of RC for five minutes at the start
>Police station
>Sewers
>UMBRELLA lab

>waifu fag
>shit taste

absolutely disgusting, but unsurprising.

off yourself.

>What is emulation?

www.obsrv.org

>Nostalgia must only applies to RE4
You're retarded

>Using an emulator is complicated
You're retarded

Are there really 6 movies with 5th Element chick in them now?

Yeah, it was shit. The later movies distancing themselves from the games (outside of a characters) was a good thing. That, and it was weaker than 90% of zamble movies and just wasn't fun.
>no points
>k-kill yourself
Get rid of that spacing and learn how to capitalize
>implying I'd waste time emulating when I could be replaying RE3
>Nostalgia must only applies to RE4
It's the one people probably played first, given how it was on the PS2. It and RE2 are 'babby's first RE game'.
>Using an emulator is complicated
I honestly don't feel like wasting time emulating a game I didn't really like. I'm not some drooling autist that wastes time on multiplayer when I could be doing better things.
Yeah, luckily the series ended, but there's going to be another series of live action RE movie

Do the RE movies have any of the cast from the game's in them or do they just occupy the RE universe but deal with completely separate stuff?

waifu fags are cancer, I'd debate you, but I don't bully the mentally disabled.

>actually reading vidya novelizations

>Rebecca
>God-tier
When will this meme end?

When it stops being true.

>RE4 was a GC exclusive
>people still played it first one the ps2 (the shitty port)
RE3 was the game that got me into the series and RE4 is still one of the best best games in the series and deserves the top spot

>Do the RE movies have any of the cast from the game's in them or do they just occupy the RE universe but deal with completely separate stuff?
The live action movies have cosplayers show up and do things.
The CG movies have Leon appear in all of them. Degeneration has Claire, Damnation has Ada, Vendetta has Rebecca and Chris.
The only CG movie that doesn't have any game characters is Biohazard 4D Executer, which has an Umbrella Merc Team and takes place during Raccoon City
They cost me around $30 for all of them, and they were fun to read.
I'm thinking about moving her down because my love for Claire, Jill and Moira will never stop growing

REmake deserves the top spot.

Epic fun posting, go back to /r/esidentevil

>Pretty much dead outside of spinoff games
>finally brought her back and the movie she's in is actually worst than the live action ones

>RE4 was a GC exclusive
>people still played it first one the ps2 (the shitty port)
You do realize that the PS2 was the best selling console of all time and that the port came out just a few months after the GCN version released, right?
>RE4 is still one of the best best games in the series and deserves the top spot
How? It killed the lore, ruined characters (Ada specifically by making her Alice and tossing aside anything the epilogue of RE3 setup), killed Umbrella offscreen, simplified the gameplay and caused a shit subgenre, and is the reason why RE5 and 6 were made

The whole cast is dead now, didn't Capcom say they were too experienced or something?

I liked this part of Nier

REmake is my favorite game in the series, but if someone said RE4 is their favorite, i would be fine. Those two are the only games that should be that high

Why is nobody talking about the new Not a Hero gameplay?

>tossing out the epilogue
The hell are you talking about? Chris, Claire, Barry, Jill lead into CV, Sherry lead to her being the Goverments test subject, Leon lead into him working for the government like how he does in RE4, and Ada is shown to be still working for Wesker like in RE4.
>simplifying gameplay
Had more depth than the original game

>RE4 above REmake
>RE4 above RE2
>RE4 above RE3
>RE4 above RE1

Yeah pretty much
Resident Evil was almost always about trained special forces vs monsters (with the only exception being Claire) but people memed the previous games into being about "everyday people" stuck in a nightmarish situation which was never the case, the only civilian protagonist in the entire franchise was Claire Redfield. I guess people were confusing it with silent hill, I don't fucking know

RE4 is better than 1-3

Reminder that RE3 turns 18 today.

My absolute favorite of the series. Nice little self-contained story. Great villains (Nemmy & Nicholai). Best gameplay of the original style for the series.

Guess I know what in playing tonight

13 year old me got stuck in that game trying to fight the nemesis on the train, not realizing that I could escape through the cars.

RE 5 above RE 0 ?! Show me on the doll where RE0 touched you guys.

>inventory (or lack thereof)
>worse AI babysitting than 4 and 5
>might as well not be canon at all since Rebecca never brings up the events ever again, and somehow the entire adventure was easier to handle than one Hunter

0 is the worst game in the series

That's not Code Veronica

>The hell are you talking about? Chris, Claire, Barry, Jill lead into CV,
No, Chris and Claire led into CV, Jill led into Umbrella Chronicles and Barry kind of fucked off for a while.
>Ada is shown to be still working for Wesker like in RE4.
Did you even read her epilogue? It shows that her name isn't Ada it shows that she could have a character somewhere, but nothing ever happens with it.
>Had more depth than the original game
Yeah, QTEs and piss easy gameplay (as well as easy solved themselves puzzles) all have such depth. RE3 will have infinitely more depth than 4. If you at least said 6's gameplay had more depth, I would've agreed with you.

Moth fight, Snake fight, anything to do with fighting in general,
>These monkeys are a prototype that are blind
>Proceeds to take 3 shotgun rounds while zoning in on you relentlessly.

Only RE 1,2, and 4 matter. Anything else is just fanfiction that might as well not exist. Prove me wrong.

>people actually think a numbered title is the worst in the series
ORC, UC, the Chronicles games, REvelations 1 and the mobile games are all worse than the numbered titles objectively.
>4
>not fanfiction
RE1-3, REmake, Gun Survivor, Heroes Never Die and MAYBE Code Veronica are the ones that matter. Gaiden is an optional explanation for Leon not being in CV (so long as you pretend the blood is red) and everything from 0 onwards is pointless fanfiction

People seem to forget that RE2 was a HUGE step up from the original in a lot of ways and introduced a lot of ideas/elements that became franchise staples, though playing it now a lot of it's appeal definitely has to do with nostalgia goggles because sequels that came later definitely improved on the groundwork it set up.

That said, here are some misc. things I like about RE2:

>Some of the best replay value/unlockables in the series
>Lots of really memorable set pieces
>Birkin was a cool and visually interesting antagonist
>Lots of really memorable cheesy dialog
>Lots of different unique weapons to find with each character respectively, and more fun bonus ones to unlock
>Goofball ADA WAIT Leon
>Introduced Lickers
>Introduced HUNK

>ORC, UC, the Chronicles games, REvelations 1 and the mobile games are all worse than the numbered titles objectively.
Spin offs dont count, only the numbered entries

Furthermore, 1, 2, 3, CV, 0, and Remake shouldn't be compared to 4, 5, and 6 because they may as well be different series.

The Police Station is worse than the Spencer mansion
RE2 isnt scary.
It's too easy with too much ammo.

my favourite resident evil is Operation Raccoon City

>RE2 was a HUGE step up from the original in a lot of ways
Except it changed little. Gameplay was the exact same, everything was simplified, and there is less options.
Then the worst game in the series would have to be 4 5 or 6

Jill lead right into CV, the hell are you talking about? It's Jill going to Chris hideout to find him gone because he left to save Claire.
>Ada isn't her real name
Holy shit, are you autistic? She was talking in the sense that she's a shell of her former self.

Every RE had piss easy gameplay, you can beat RE2 while only killing a handful of enemies while walking past everything else. The "difficulty" of the classic games are learning to manage items. Once you learn that, the game becomes a cake walk.

>tfw I played and finished RE4 for the first time earlier this week

I never realized that I missed out on such an incredible game. Lots of people here on Sup Forums criticized the tank controls, but I managed to get the hang of it after like 35-40 minutes of playing. It was nowhere near as hard to control as people here said it was.

I managed to get through the entire game's action parts by myself and only consulted walkthroughs for the puzzle parts, because I suck at puzzles. That part with the four paintings took me like 15 minutes before I gave up and looked on the Internet.

It's such a fucking good game. I now completely understand why people consider it one of the best games ever made. I'm sure like 90 percent of 7th gen adventure/action games like Uncharted wouldn't have existed without RE4.

The only part I don't like is the QTES, specifically, how inconsistent the QTE prompts are. Sometimes I have to press the face buttons. Sometimes I have to press both trigger buttons for that exact same QTE bit. It's annoying.

Sherry? I mean she technically counts. Also Ashley

Boys I tried playing the original RE. It was fucking awesome.

What's gonna happen to zoe?

>Jill lead right into CV, the hell are you talking about? It's Jill going to Chris hideout to find him gone because he left to save Claire.
No it doesn't. She doesn't appear in CV, and she was going with Barry to Umbrella's European branch if you actually bothered to read the files. The only reason Chris didn't show up was because of Leon contacting him. Jill had nothing to do with CV, nor did Barry.
>Holy shit, are you autistic? She was talking in the sense that she's a shell of her former self.
>She used to be called Ada Wong... But this morning she will say good-bye to the name
It's fairly obvious what they mean by this. Ada wasn't her real name, it was a code name for when she was spying on John.
>Every RE had piss easy gameplay
Go play RE3 on hard mode, clearly you need to do that as you never unlocked one(1) Epilogue File.

holy shit you're actually retarded.

How so?

Comfiest game of all time

>tfw you will never have your own comfy mansion with a moose head over the fireplace and a bear skin rug

Do you plan on playing REmake? If so be warned that every game afterwards will pale in comparison.

because it looks terrible?

>this actually non-ironically looks better than most AAA games right now

Why don't modern AAA just go back to these fixed camera angles with these carefully handicrafted backgrounds? Over a decade later and REmake's backgrounds still look stellar.

Don't say that or 4fags will lynch you

>The Police Station is worse than the Spencer mansion

WOW, IT ISN'T AS GOOD AS ONE LITERALLY THE MOST ICONIC LOCATION IN THE ENTIRE SERIES

>RE2 isnt scary.

No Resident Evil game is scary.

>It's too easy with too much ammo.

Again, another criticism that can be applied to almost every Resident Evil game.

WRONG! They expanded the formula in a lot of ways.

>Drastically improved the presentation of cutscenes
>Have scenarios that directly tie in and complement each other, with things you do in one affecting the character in the next from both a story/gameplay perspective (If you take the Machine Gun/Backpack as Claire Leon won't be able to get it, etc.)
>Because of this new A/B setup there are now four distinct scenarios as opposed to two, not including HUNK/Tofu.
>Introduced the concept of having an powerful antagonist that will follow/harass you consistently over the course of the game, the precursor to what would eventually become the main gimmick of RE3
>Introduced weapon upgrades, on top of having way more weapon variety

It's cool if RE2 wasn't your favorite, but to pretend that it's lazy/dumbed down that did nothing new is just silly.

Wtf, REbirth is not first ?

tbqh for me 2 and 3 are on par with quality, only thing is 3 is a lot easier despite having one of the best villains.
It doesn't have good puzzles like 2 did either.
If I had to choose I would choose 2 over 3 as my fav resi, but it's only marginally better than 3.

the first 2 are the best but 4 is great and the changes weren't bad its just it was the first step in the fall of the series despite how good a game it is

maybe it's just me or because of the firt person view, but the not hero dlc really looks like generic fps. It's bugging me like craxy

Posting best RE girl

I love 4 but REmake is one of those few games that just has no flaws to me at all, I mentioned this last night in another thread but the only thing that I have an issue with is turning on the power and backtracking to put the battery in the elevator. Other than that it captured the exploration aspect of all the games for me the best because of how open the game becomes when you're collecting the Death Masks which will take you across the entire mansion and the location variety is great too from the mansion to the Aqua Ring to the courtyard to the catacombs. Plus the tons of replayabulity with two campaigns, alternate modes like One Dangerous Zombie or True Survivor Mode, rewards for speed running.

I just really love REmake.

>WOW, IT ISN'T AS GOOD AS ONE LITERALLY THE MOST ICONIC LOCATION IN THE ENTIRE SERIES
Yep, and it's 1 and not 2
Thus 2 is inferior
I'm glad we can agree

>No Resident Evil game is scary.
Remake is.

>Again, another criticism that can be applied to almost every Resident Evil game.
Remake on Hard gave you just the right amount of ammo, you'd have plenty only if you were good at the game.

>Have scenarios that directly tie in and complement each other, with things you do in one affecting the character in the next from both a story/gameplay perspective (If you take the Machine Gun/Backpack as Claire Leon won't be able to get it, etc.)
That only happens two times. And there are too many inconsistencies between the A and B scenarios involving key items.
>Because of this new A/B setup there are now four distinct scenarios as opposed to two, not including HUNK/Tofu.
RE1 also had that as Arrange mode changed placement of key items everywhere.
>Introduced the concept of having an powerful antagonist that will follow/harass you consistently over the course of the game, the precursor to what would eventually become the main gimmick of RE3
Except it wouldn't. It showed up at scripted moments, unlike Nemesis, who shows up whenever he wants and at key moments.
There's also the fact that it was dumbed down. I'll reuse this example. RE1 gives you 5 doors at the start, RE2 gives you two, and one of them is basically a dead end with nothing in it.
>REbirth
?

>Go play RE3 on hard mode
RE3 was the easiest RE yet user.
nemi is a pain the first time you play it but once you know the mechanis of him the only tough encounter on hard is the 1st one 9because you basically have to kill him with a knife)
on top of the dodge mechanic and ammo crafting, you get super weapons in hard mode by killing nemi.

it really wasn't hard.
Silent hill was hard

>REmake and RE2 are losing to RE4
When the fuck did this board's taste in RE tank so hard?

We're not comparing it to REmake, you fucking mouthbreather. I specifically said that improved upon the original, as in Director's Cut.

REmake is original Resident Evil formula perfected.

>RE3 was the easiest RE yet user.
No, that's RE2 and every game from 4 onwards, with the exception of ORC as it's so broken it can barely be played.
It's harder than RE1 thanks to the added harder enemies right at the start, Nemesis' randomness increases difficulty on any mode, and it has more enemies than most of the classic games meaning the bullet creating is balanced out.
>on top of the dodge mechanic
Which you have a a second to use every time it's contextually available
>you get super weapons in hard mode by killing nemi.
If you kill him, and killing him requires mastery of the dodge mechanic or breaking the game.
>Silent hill was hard
Maybe SH3 was hard

You really are fucking dumb. Jill epilogue is her going to Chris hideout to find out he's gone, BECAUSE HE LEFT TO SAVE CLAIRE aka CV. That's it

I only watched the first one together with my sister and we had fun with it. It's a cool no-brainer action movie. I hear some of the later ones are less good though, but we'll watch those some time too. We like watching older dumb action movies together. The biggest laugh we ever shared was with a Van Damme movie where he plays two roles, twins, and the bad twin is very dramatically agonizing at the (very detailed) thought of the other twin fucking is wife intensely.

TLDR: So long as your expectations are in check, they can be fun.

>Jill epilogue is her going to Chris hideout to find out he's gone, BECAUSE HE LEFT TO SAVE CLAIRE aka CV. That's it
That's what Chris' epilogue was explaining. Jill was looking for Chris, so they could go to Umbrella's European branch, as explained in RE2 and 3. Jill and Barry's epilogues were supposed to flow into one game, as were Chris and Claire's.

>That only happens two times. And there are too many inconsistencies between the A and B scenarios involving key items.

That's still four scenarios that have unique areas/story bits as opposed to just two. Is it perfect? No. At the time though, it was a novel twist upon the mostly separate self contained stories of the original.

>RE1 also had that as Arrange mode changed placement of key items everywhere.

RE2 has Arrange mode as well.

>Except it wouldn't. It showed up at scripted moments, unlike Nemesis, who shows up whenever he wants and at key moments.

Hense why I said that they introduced the idea with Mr. X, and then improved and expanded upon the concept in RE3. Do you even read?

Also, I forgot to mention that RE2 was the first game to introduce an "Arcade-y" unlockable minigame that you unlock when completing the game, which eventually evolved into Mercenaries in RE3.

>There's also the fact that it was dumbed down. I'll reuse this example. RE1 gives you 5 doors at the start, RE2 gives you two, and one of them is basically a dead end with nothing in it.

That has more to do with a difference in pacing/layout than it does complexity. RE2's 2 different A/B opens both start with little segments that start you in the city streets in order to do a little world/atmosphere building before starting you off in one of two different locations in the Police Station. Then, as you progress the layout get's progressively more labyrinthine. Where as in the original, they just drop you right into the shit.

It's different, but not necessarily bad.

>mfw REmake 2 is going through development hell

>RE2 has Arrange mode as well.
But it only gives you large weapons that lower your rank immensely
>Also, I forgot to mention that RE2 was the first game to introduce an "Arcade-y" unlockable minigame that you unlock when completing the game,
That was RE1 on the Sega Saturn.
>That has more to do with a difference in pacing/layout than it does complexity. RE2's 2 different A/B opens both start with little segments that start you in the city streets in order to do a little world/atmosphere building before starting you off in one of two different locations in the Police Station. Then, as you progress the layout get's progressively more labyrinthine. Where as in the original, they just drop you right into the shit.
Except RE2 only gives you two unlocked doors per area and one of them is always a dead end.
RE1 and RE3 are both better games

So tomorrow is my hype deadline, seeing how its capcom's turn at TGS

If they show nothing, I will be officially unhyped, they need to show a decent bit of gameplay.

Have faith.

did you play the games when they were released user or on an emulator decades after?

I played them on release, I played 2 first which was pretty challenging first time, took me a weekend to complete, but i hadn't played a tank control game since alone in the dark.
1 I completed with the worse ending, not saving anyone and 3 I completed in 7 hours.
This is all the first time I played them.
Silent hill puzzles were so damn challenging and the area was so big and distorted I had to use the map, which i didnt do in resi games (just memory)

Obviously this is all subjective, for me RE2 was only easy because of lots of ammo and as an user has already said, the only difficulty is item management.
3 felt more of an action game than 2 and none of the puzzles ever gave me hassle.
I'm sure we can both agree that 4 killed the franchise and they became a cake walk.

iirc 3 on normal you start with OP as fuck weapons too, but not much ammo for them

>they show the gameplay
>it's first person shit where the entire city section is a scripted line like the guest house in vii
I'm ready for the pain

>I only watched the first one together with my sister
did you fuck her?

They wouldn't be stupid enough to give it the nu-sident Evil treatment especially after how well REmake HD sold. I just hope they make the next mainline installment in the same vein as the pre 4 games.

>Silent hill puzzles were so damn challenging and the area was so big and distorted I had to use the map, which i didnt do in resi games (just memory)
You should've said you were talking about the puzzles. I thought you were talking about gameplay.
>3 felt more of an action game than 2 and none of the puzzles ever gave me hassle.
Not even the water treatment puzzle?
>I'm sure we can both agree that 4 killed the franchise and they became a cake walk.
Yeah
>iirc 3 on normal you start with OP as fuck weapons too, but not much ammo for them
That's why it's called easy mode.

>Capcom
>Not in charge of being stupid

I wish user, that they realise that it needs to be fixed angles.

>crying this hard Sup Forumsecause people prefer RE4
RE4 is the APEX of the RE series.

No it fucking wasn't. You do realize that RE3 is a spinoff game, Right? Everything that game did was built up to CV aka the real RE3

If you mean the game that killed the series, sure

Well even then unless they completely redo the game they can't put many more scripted sequences that weren't already in the original. That's the beauty of the older RE games is that the gameplay is almost entirely based around player improvisation rather than scripted sequences and even scripted sequences can lead to player improv like the crocodile in the sewers in 2 or Neptune in REmake. The player has multiple ways to get rid of the enemies.

Meant for