Dragon's Dogma

Should I? What's it like, Monster Hunter?
I heard it has really good archery, is that true?

yeh playing with a bow is good, has some fun skills. infact the majority of classes are fun.
magick archer is great aswell but way too easy

'Tis good.

>Should I?
yes

>What's it like, Monster Hunter?
its nothing like monster hunter at all. if youve seen people compare the game to monster hunter, then they have never played either games

>I heard it has really good archery, is that true?
it does. its got some really satisfying skills so you can really feel the impact of your shots.

dont expect some king of archery simulation though.

there are better webms out there but you get the idea

that's crazy

It's an ARPG with a monster climbing system that's like SotC
It's not like monster hunter. It's not like dark souls.
Just buy it. you can't go wrong

it just looks like Monster Hunter, and since it's Capcom it seemed like a viable comparison

It's got good everything when it comes to classes honestly. The only class I wouldn't recommend is the Mage class, since it's mainly just a support class and you won't have many offensive spells. It's fine to start as and to level for its augments, but you'll want to switch to a sorc asap if you're going for a magic class. Also, you should research a bit about how pawns work before making yours if you want yours to be somewhat effective. Generally you should avoid having your pawn's inclinations be things like guardian and acquisitior.

The most important thing you'll need to know when starting however, is that wolves hunt in packs. They're also weak to fire.

It's a fun game, you'll get to play it for quite a while, the more if you suffer from aughtism for i managed to reach 400hr today.

It's a very strange game.

what's this about?

Don't get it. It sucks bad. It's one of those games Sup Forums pretends to like to look cool but it's really trash. I regret buying it. The battle system is just hack and slash and the bosses are damage sponges.

Started like 6 hours ago.
Went Strider to lvl 9 and switched to Fighter, but I'm missing the ranged attacks. What should I look into?
Is there any bonus or advantage to mastering a Vocation? Like ultimate skills or something like that? Or should I just go switching around?

Ah i see where your problem is. You can't hack and slash as a mage user, they use a staff. You're supposed to cast spells.

What the FUCK should I name my character?

I don't know who came up with this great idea for character development that forces you to play certain class for X ammount of levels to gain some stats so that in 5-6 hours time and 150 levels later your desired class will be good. This is fucking retarded.

>any bonus to mastering a vocation

Once you learn a vocations augments, you can use them for any class you want.It can be very useful to master a certain vocation or at least level it enough to unlock a augment you need for a different vocation.

>any disadvantage

Somewhat, but not really. Each vocation has different stat growths when you level so if you want to be a tanky character you wouldnt want to level a lot as a mage or sorc. This is only really bad if you actually want to minmax, which you don't even need to do in this game. most of your power comes from your gear and augments.

Emilia Miller
sounds like proper RPG design

>Is there any bonus or advantage to mastering a Vocation?
yeah, augments you learn from a vocation can be used on other vocations.
look up an augment guide so you know what augments will benefit whatever vocation youre planning on maining.

that way youre not just blindly leveling up vocations. you can do that if you want to though. best way to play any game is to figure out shit yourself.

I'm not sure if forcing me to play an assassin-like class for several hours (which I don't enjoy) so that my mystic knight (with complete other type of gameplay in mind) will have better stats is good design.

The game isn't hard. Just do whatever the fuck you want desu

>start a new run
>make a healslut Pawn because people keep saying they're free riftbucks
>post-Dragon
>only one hire so far
Is it because I made her a thicc mommy instead of a loli?

Again, the game is not hard. Stop reading autistic guides by tryhards and just play the game with the class you want and have fun. It really doesn't matter if you are doing 5% less damage in the end, does it?

so if the augment I like is unlocked at lvl 5 then I should just get it and switch classes.
also, are all classes viable for endgame? or just the advanced/hybrid ones?

the amount of running gets boring after a while but theres good pieces in between it all that keep you masochistically playing it

I've decided to go for Sorceror in October, but would I be able to switch to Magick Archer after a while? Looks fun as fuck.

>are all classes viable for endgame?
yeah, pretty much if you build your character right. and i dont mean by being a min/max fag.
just dont do something stupid like play a magic user for a good majority of the game and then switch to a melee character.

i literally went through the entire game including the dark arisen stuff by mostly sticking with the strider class.
only time i switched vocations was to unlock the augments i need.

wait the game doesn't have any mounts?

It's dissaponting. After a few hours it gets repetitive and boring af. It'd be better if you could use all the moves you've bought but you can only use three of them at a time until you switch them out so combat gets boring. Enemies are sponges and side quests are repetative and boring as well. I bought it because of all the praise it got here and I regret buying this piece of shit.

no

>It'd be better if you could use all the moves you've bought but you can only use three of them at a time until you switch them out so combat gets boring.

then get the vocation unlocker mod so you can use everything at once.

>no
fucking dropped

Thanks a bunch.
This is actually the second time I start up this game. Last time I was playing mage and my save was a few frames before dying in the hands of a skeleton lord. And my last checkpoint was like 5 hours before that so I decided to restart.
Having a much better time now doing melee and ranged.

spoonfeed me this mod

Who's ready to kill themselves after tonight?

its a mod that unlocks all the skills for every vocation and lets you use them on any character.
so you can be a warrior vocation that casts magic.

I'll catch you arisen! Maybe we get lucky.

Every class but warrior gets 6 skills.

You get an infinite teleport at the first city. You can put the teleport spots wherever you want.

I meant a link to it

Oh, tonight is the last day of the Tokyo Game Show, right?

yes, sorcerer stats complement MA very well

Weird game, gameplay/combat is god tier, questing is a bit bland and you spend hours running round the "open world" feeling like you achieve nothing. Would have made a better linear game like DaS

the world is too small for mounts

Who gets to wear cooler armor and clothes, sorcerer, magick archer or magic knight?

im mage at the moment and from the wiki their clothes seems lame as fuck. magick archer seems like it can use both sorcerer and mage stuff most of the time.

im crying that picture is too good

>arc of deliverance does 20% more damage if you use the skill exactly as it charges, BEFORE the Arisen puts the sword over their shoulder
You could do better.

MK for paladin aesthetic

Will MHW CC be this crazy? Seems like it's pretty detailed from the videos.

there's never been option to change height or weight in any MH game so i doubt it.

>I heard it has really good archery, is that true?

No.
The only good archery is in Dark Messiah.

>pedo enquiry

The only chance for dd2 is kickstarter.
It just launched in japan.

>tfw black knight aesthetic is severely lacking

chaos armor is the only good one i can think of, the bbi ones work but they look god awful

It's a shame because Chaos Armor has some god awful stats. Not a fan of the glowing blue texture of it either

You can go magic all game, then go melee and still dominate shit. BBI gear makes leveled stats miniscule

it's not too bad when it's gold forged at least and the 100% petrification resist makes it good for a pawn

Its a weird game

>search for literal days for griffins
>only find one but it just fucks off without even landing
>already did the griffin quest and the scripted encounter
this makes me wanna reeee

>only now found out you can use Hundred Kisses while clinging to a monster

Even pawns know that.
It's fun to see Urdy get reckt by a strider this way.

Me. I've been obsessed with a sequel to DD since its initial release. I'd be in a better place had I never touched the game.

I'm actually playing an Assassin, and I just realized I can combine it with sanic speed for massive damage.
It always made me sad how you couldn't use Harness with Gouge since they use different weapons, but now I can finally go fast while clinging.