Has any game had a turret sequence that wasn't objectively terrible?

Has any game had a turret sequence that wasn't objectively terrible?

turret sequence and good are oxymorons

But it's super easy and short in Dead Space.

How does this remove the fact that it's still terrible and shouldn't be there at all?

I like the one in Dead Space
It's a cute homage to asteroids

idk it was a nice rest from the tension

It was pretty cool actually, breaks up the pace and there is even a logical explanation for why it exists.
I'm normally not a fan of turret sections but I liked the DS one.

Jak II

>our game is so fucking good we have to make our players stop playing it for 10 munutes
No, it's always a shitty decision pushed by suits.

>That long turret section in Metro 2033 that forces you to play with one of the Axis inverted and the other on normal

Which one do you mean?
When you escape with the MG turret trolley?
I don't remember the axis being switched, just horizontal movement being the movement keys because you have to turn the turret.

On PS4 with controller it was hell

>playing any type of shooter with controller

You did this to yourself.

I don't have problems aiming with a controller but if you force me to aim with an inverted Y axis and a normal X axis I'm going to have issues.

Mass Effect 3's were good.

how many layers of bait is this

CoD4.
That entire AC-130 mission was a glorified turret sequence.

Kind of sad how at the time i thought Dead Space was a pretty entertaining game if a little average towards the end.

Now in hindsight it feels like a masterpiece and the intergrated HUD into the game world was pretty great at immersing the player. Even the second one seems inoffensive compared to the third one.

Prove me wrong though. The gameplay was good, and so were these sections.

>belts of ammo on the sides fed into the gun
Never noticed that before, neat

There are quite a lot of little details in DS.
I replay it every year.

>Playing this game on toaster at launch.
>Not familiar with horror games, too scare to play any thanks to Resident Evil 2 and Michigan: Report from Hell.
>Play it on easy so it won't be too stressful.
>Loot everything and sell them to get better stuff before I leave a level.
>Hope I can finish the game on easy and use those resources on a second playthrough in normal.
>Get used to necromorph crawling out from vents and fuck them up with my Ripper.
>Somehow read a spoiler about mid-game, enemies get a power-up and moving real fast make them difficult to hit.
>Drop the game in the middle and never touch it again.

Your loss pal.

I enjoy spin-off animation too, really like the setting. Shame they run the series to the ground in 3.

the core of the game and the ending were ok.
it was the gameplay what actually shits on the bed.
the dlc is damn good, they should have done the whole game like that.

They ruined every single aspect in 3.
Every. Single. One.

007 Nightfire had some fun ones.

That was EA rubbing their 'OH LOOK A MICROTRANSACTION OPPORTUNITY' ego trip all over it. It wasn't entirely their fault, they just had to put up with some of the shit EA wanted to do.

The one at the start of Saints Row 4 was ok because it was short and ridiculous.