I can't beat stage 13. I can get through all areas without taking much damage and I know where all the meat is...

I can't beat stage 13. I can get through all areas without taking much damage and I know where all the meat is, so I can just heal up to full health before The Gauntlet, which I'm able to get through unscathed most of the time. At worst I'll get hit by a low thrown axe after jumping over a medusa head.
But, I can't beat Death. I just can't fucking do it. Someone recommended using the holy water since it's probably the strongest focused sub-weapon, but I can't get close enough to spam it and the homing sickles fucking rape me so hard.
I try to go with the cross, so I can cover some of the mid-air sickles and get a few easy hits in, but he always seems to move into my path when I'm trying to dodge and I get stuck in the corner.
Is there some trick to his movement? Like, can you manipulate him, or is it just random?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R12KD1-hgBA
youtu.be/zh-os19dLPI?t=28m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=--dr9XIyL48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtu.be/R12KD1-hgBA

Hope it helps. Went through the same shit.

no, death just fucking kills your ass

definitely go with the cross, though

You just spam the holy water with a double or triple shot as soon as he appears on the right hand side. He won't get his sickles in if you do that. You only get one shot though, unless you game over. The holy water is helpful for the infamous corridor too, though mind the subweapon drops.

jump right when he spawns and spam crosses, if you do it right it'll kill most of the sickles and take off half his health.

Wow, that's cheap. I'm kind of trying to beat this as legit as possible, without resorting to glitches, or abusing shit, but I might just cave in and try this.
Problem is, I can't seem to find enough weapon multipliers. Is it just about hitting as many candles as possible? I completely forgot how it works.

kill enough enemies with the subweapon (10 i think?) and the next candle will drop a multiplier

Oh, shit. That makes sense. I almost never use the sub-weapons until the boss. Thanks, man.

Fuck trying to do it legit. It's near impossible. The candles in the hallway should at least drop you one multiplier.

Always have a cross on screen and focus on not taking damage while you and your cross destroy sickles. The sickles will eventually start dropping II and III powerups and then you can just have your crosses flying around hurting Death and destroying sickles while you keep dodging stuff.

YES! Eat fucking shit. Oh god. I've been stuck here for fucking months.

congrats

Spam the holy water. NES games are barely fair if at all, so I don't mind using cheap tactics.

>Next level starts off with the fucking bat bridge
This is going to be fun, isn't it? Is this like CV3 where you have to replay the entire goddamn level if you die to Dracula?

Congrats. Next level is a real piece of shit. Make sure to get the stopwatch.

It's not thankfully.

No. Once you reach Dracula even if you get a game over it starts you off right before him.

thank you for talking about video game

Good job user.

Thankfully, you do not.
You'll still be stuck there for a while though. Good luck.

You shouldn't have to thank someone for this.

Ganbatte

on Sup Forums i think you should

It's smooth sailing from here. If you beat Death, you've pretty much beaten the game.

>inb4 this belongs on /vr/

old video game is also video game

OP here. This stage is actually really easy and short. Took a break, but at least I'm at Dracula now.
Going to keep playing until I beat this fucker. Since the game straight up gives you full power and a cross at the beginning, it shouldn't be that hard, right?
Only thing I'm worried about is his last form.

The first form is really easy once you learn his movement pattern, you don't even need the cross for it. The second form is made easier by the holy water that's also in the room.

Speaking of bat bridge, is there way reliable and consistent way of avoiding damage on that bat bridge leading up to Dracula's castle in Rondo of Blood stage 7

I've been playing ROB non-stop for the past 2 weeks now, and I really love the game. I've been able to no damage most of the levels individually, and it feels really skillful being able to do so.

But this bridge (pic related, it's the bottom right part of the picture) seems so random in its bat placements and spawns. It really seems bullshit. Please tell me I'm wrong and that there's a reliable and consistent way of beating it without getting damaged. I can get past the rest of the stage without damage, but not that intro.

It's not that hard, but it's a long fight and you die in 4 hits. I always use holy water on his second form.

Yeah, it's not hard to avoid his fireball attacks while doing damage, but the problem for me is he keeps spawning on me and it catches me by surprise, so I try to dodge either left or right, but end up kind of fidgeting back and forth for a split second, causing me to take damage anyway.
Hitting his head one strike at a time is really fucking slow, but I guess that's the safest way to do this.

Damn, I never thought about it until I saw this level, but SotN really does stay true to some of RoB's designs, huh? That's almost identical to the Clock Tower.

This video has some good advice. Helped me out, at least.
youtu.be/zh-os19dLPI?t=28m5s

I don't know about avoid damage completly, but what I do is keep jumping across the bridge and then turning around mid jump to whip bats behind me. This lets you keep forward momentum to avoid falling off the bridge but still lets you kill the bats chasing you.

With how much stuff Castlevania games recycles I'm surprised the place got a complete revamp.

Man, this makes me want to play some motherfucking Classicvania again. I keep forgetting just how satisfying those older titles can be.

Here's a fun fact, the secret room above the throne room in Rondo and SotN is a callback to a glitch from the first game.

youtube.com/watch?v=--dr9XIyL48

Well fuck
I learned something new today

That's fucking neat.

CV3 or CV1? Which one is the best? I'm kind of biased towards CV3, but it's also more frustrating. Those levels with the falling blocks are just annoying to play.

I prefer 3 overall, but 1 is more consistently good and it's really replayable because of its length. I go through it every couple of months whenever I need to kill some time.

Sub-weapons make it easier; I used the axes and threw them when the bats were far away or high in the air. Very handy for the sword ones.

Just whip the fuck out of him and jump around. It's all chaos and luck unless you're using the exploit.