Underrail

>create a nice balanced character
>can't beat the game

I was having a blast with it until I hit Depot A, then I dropped it

Playes this a few years back and totally forgot about it. Only dipped my toes into it. Not any good?

Pretty good, it gets better after you pass depot a.

why do people say Depot A is hard
I played a pretty standard heavy armor / assault rifles / thermodynamics build my first time through and didn't really have any problems, especially not at Depot A

>balanced
I'll just assume your stats are all over the place instead of focused and call you dumb.

Sounds like you're spread to thin. Pick eight skills to max and only mix in more when it comes to what you need from crafting and when you don't need more points in a particular skill(throwing after getting grenadier and/or three pointer come to mind)

Show us your build and tell us where you're stuck. If it's the end game, git gud, if you got there you can beat the game with your build.

Go big or go home

>Arnold
>CON 3
C'mon now.

Can this build beat depot A?

You are going psi monk ?

Easily. Unless the joke is that you don't take any psi skills.

idk, I just wanted psi something

my current character is spread too thin so I might as well restart now rather then later

Just pretend the shield is his metal skeleton.

what is this?

This is a thread on the imageboard Sup Forums - Video Games on the website Sup Forums.org

Isometric rpg with focus on gameplay, mainly combat, and exploration.

i thought this was myspace

>those boots
Holy shit, I need to rethink how viable melee is.

facebook

Well that's cause you've literally used the easiest combination in the game.

I think the main issue is that it's much more important to focus on combat stats in the game as opposed to speech, exploration or support skills. The problem is that this isn't made immediately clear so by the time new players reach Depot A they realise that combat is pretty much the most important skill set in the game.

Contrast this to games that underrail draws inspiration from where relatively you can have mediocre combat stats and still breeze through the game.

I stuck it out through Depot A despite being underpowered, focused my next couple of level ups on combat skills and feats and now the game is much more managable.

Underrail is a pretty solid 7/10 for fans of the genre, but the balancing does seem off at times in the early/mid game.

Well, you surely want to do melee if you picked 8 strength but no perception?

How to make a build:
Step 1: Decide what your main combat ability will be (unarmed, melee, energy pistols, sniper rifles etc.

Step 2: Look at the feats and target the ones most beneficial to your combat style, adjust your attribute points accordingly since they are the most limiting factor after feats

Sept 3: consider crafting, it is good on ANY build

>how viable melee is.

Unarmed is insane.
You can stack a shitton of passive and active damage boosts, crit chance, stun abilities, free movement point gains and AP cost reductions it's not even funny.

I just finished few days ago with pistol character.
What's your build?

bumpu

Is there a way to get more than 55 health?

What do you mean?

Burrower burger

I'm only 3 con and worried about the future

Your health will increase every level, although with 3 CON it will obviously never be spectacular. Later there are ways to increase it with armor, or increase your CON with food and other gear, but once you'll get some better gear you'll see if it's really the extra health you need, or you'd rather improve something else.

Your future is - wear pig leather boots, eat burrower burger before hard fights, put points into electronics and create a good shield emitter.

what feats should he go with?

thanks m8s

I think it used to be harder, though I don't know by how much.

Is ezra stygg's self insert ?

Anything psi, but most importantly Paranoia because that initiative is going to need any help it can get. After that Force User and Premeditation are musts as soon as they become available, Thermodynamicity and Pyromaniac are good early picks. He'll figure out the rest when he gets there.