Come in, Fallout fan. There are things you must know. The series is dying. The signs are everywhere...

Come in, Fallout fan. There are things you must know. The series is dying. The signs are everywhere. Withering discussion... Dying enthusiasm... Sick fanboys.

There is hope, however. A slim hope that few know of. The old forums speak of an item called The Next Obsidian Fallout Game. It is said it can bring life back to the Fallout series. This will be your quest if you prove yourself worthy.

For that proof, you must first journey to Bethesda Game Studios. If you survive, come back to me, and we will talk more. Our life is in your hands, Fallout Fan.

Prove yourself. Find the game. Be our salvation.

>Implying if Obsidian did a new fallout it would be majorly different to 4 since they'd use the same engine and be stuck with the same shitty mechanics that make the game not even close to being an RPG, even by the standards of fallout 3.

Bethesda should just do away entirely with the illusion of making an RPG with the next elder scrolls and just have it be an FPS with "you can do anything" empty map akin to Far Cry Primal.

People will still hail it as a masterclass in RPG development and you'll unironically see articles talking about how the next big step in RPG gameplay is doing away with attributes and skills and just playing an action game

Bethesda did nothing wrong. Heil Howard

i want to fuck her face

Obsidian can't into AAA games - they need to have a very small scale in order to release a healthy, bug-free game and, frankly, I think 10-15 hours RPG is a good target, that worked well in favor of Kult Heretic Kingdoms back in the day, when Diablo was a king and has successfully married two cousines - Self-repeat and Replayability - together only to benefit itself but not his cultist fans precious time (25-45hrs as a minimum need to die out)

sorry, forgot to add picrelated.
Ahem, I had a vision... and keep reading the post

have you seen a water chip

*breaths in*
HAHAAHAAHAHHA

Man the new Fallout is looking good.

DA SPIRITS BE WILLIN' TA TALK!
Wat'cha want?

>The series is dying
good, the fallout series is like a horse with dementia at this point. just put the poor thing out of its misery.

You've gotten a lot farther than you should have, but then you haven't met Todd Howard either. Your ride's over, Obsidiot. Time to buy.

>Implying New Vegas didn't show the series still has tons of potential in the right hands
>implying you're not just a downer

>Time to buy.

10/10

Obsidian that made New Vegas no longer exists, and even if it did, Bethesda would not miss on the opportunity to squeeze extra dough out of a game that they know will sell will without a $100,000,000 marketing campaign.

Obsidian had their chance and they blew it.

Catering for the PC market primarily, yet made the most lagging, glitchy, hilariously bugged title in the series (comparing also to TES series).

They tried way too hard with their pretentious dialogue, they carbon copied Bethesda's combat system from FO3, despite the fact that it was clearly flawed. The map was dull and lacking in notable locations, it was painfully easy, it essentially wasn't even an open world game given the blocks it put on you to reach certain areas.

The story was unmemorable, the gambling idea was good but inherently flawed based on the ability to just save beforehand.

The lonesome road was the only respectable DLC but pales in comparison to the likes of Far Harbour. I also ran immediately to TLR and did it from the very beginning of a fresh game - ironically despite being warned by the game I'll struggle due to not being a certain level; a few hours later it was complete.

You can go straight to the excavation site and snipe a ton of death claws and you'll never have any other challenging encounter in the game after that point, which, as mentioned, can be done immediately.

The only reason the game has any fan base is because a) it was a non-mainstream FO title and that appeals to the edge lords and b) it was clearly developed for PC, whereas the others were for the console market.

Kek

Would still be a world better than anything Bethesda has ever or will ever put out :^)

This.

100% this.

Beautiful.

Work on your bait

ok Sup Forums im in Navarro base right now. what is the best plan to fuck am over?

> painfully

Have you ever played Bloodborne user?

>steal power armor
>win game

Kill yourself so /ourguys/ survive

That's not a counter argument. I know you have none.

is that bethesda's secret agent Pete Hines?

>bait
How about being butthurt elsewhere.

Will Obsididrones ever recover from this.

BTFO HARD

Yes I went in blind and platinumed it in 10 days, never having played a Souls game before.

>If I took off that mask, would you buy?

can't we just talk this over?

:^)

Thank you for this post user.....summed it up perfect

Me and you could be friends desu

You... (cough), you haven't won here. You and your RPG-loving-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' paid mod sendoff. I just triggered the Creation Club. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Greed, (cough) money... Violence... Skyrrimmmm........

I love new Vegas but much of what you say is true but I think added to its charm they didn't have the same budget as 3 and 4 so obviously weren't gonna be as good

So what shall it be? Do you join the Creation Club, or do you buy here? Join! Buy! Join! Buy!

Bethesda stopped publishing third-party games after 2011, before that about half of what they published was third-party but now they just buy studios and publish what they make.

Unless Obsidian gets bought out by Bethesda it's extremely unlikely they will be able to work on Fallout again.

New Vegas Fanboys do know that without Fallout 3 they wouldn't have their precious New Vegas, a fucking SPIN-OFF title

Fuck this todd howard is lame.

>the future of RPG's involves the complete deconstruction of everything that separates an RPG from other types of games

>the best RPG is just an FPS

What hurts the most is that you're right. People do think this way.

Samefag.

>Catering for the PC market primarily, yet made the most lagging, glitchy, hilariously bugged title in the series (comparing also to TES series).
Guess who was in charge of quality control

>They tried way too hard with their pretentious dialogue, they carbon copied Bethesda's combat system from FO3, despite the fact that it was clearly flawed. The map was dull and lacking in notable locations, it was painfully easy, it essentially wasn't even an open world game given the blocks it put on you to reach certain areas.

They were given 1 year of development time and you can't make a new game from scratch in that time without going full asset reusing.

Also, why every scrub allways pushes this bullshit claim that the map blocks you?

>game hands you 2 stealthboys in the first area
>Black mountain being piss easy to sneak through, you don't even encounter any enemies if you stick to the obvious shortcut

>The story was unmemorable, the gambling idea was good but inherently flawed based on the ability to just save beforehand.
Why do people push their opinions as facts? Why don't you explain WHY it is unmemorable instead of just claiming it is? You know you sound like an entitled fucking retard when you do that right?

>The lonesome road was the only respectable DLC but pales in comparison to the likes of Far Harbour. I also ran immediately to TLR and did it from the very beginning of a fresh game - ironically despite being warned by the game I'll struggle due to not being a certain level; a few hours later it was complete.

Again, pushing opinions as facts, Far Harbor is just a decent piece of DLC in the shitfest that FO4 is, thanks to the RPG elements that were missing from the main game. You are also comparing the DLC that has the least amount of RPG elements in New Vegas to one which the main focus in the choice and consequence of your actions.

Shit opinions honestly

How come Bethesda isn't in hot water for its bigotry? Love is LOVE.

>Shit opinions honestly
Nice Tl:Dr:yourpost reddit

>Sup Forums is a contrarian board
>likes NV over 3 and 4 unlike everyone else
>now it's fun to hate NV
Fuck this board. Keep a consistent opinion for fuck sakes.

>reddit
>"d-do i fit in now guise?"
wow you sure showed me user with your amazing arguments

i cried a little, good job.

>it was clearly developed for PC
Nigger the fucking strip is segmented because the consoles couldn't handle loading a fully open New Vegas.

Offcourse it exists.

Seriously though, we say Obsidian just because there's little good rpg devs of reference nowadays. But all you need to fix Bethesda games is a good writer. Like 80% of the grips with these games go away with that simple fix.

To each their own I guess.

>hide 119's post
>half the thread disappears

why do you idiots keep feeding attention seekers like that and why can't you just ignore and post shit that flourishes into actual good discussions.

You can actually keep a dick on your dick and a chick on your clit.