Nintendo confirms that ARMS is now a bigger IP than Metroid

Today during TGS, Nintendo confirmed that ARMS has been a raging success.

Although not nearly on the same level as the mega hit Splatoon, ARMS has done quite well for itself. So well, in fact, it has already surpassed Metroid Prime, the all time best selling Metroid game, in sales.

Despite that, Nintendo is happy with the reception to Samus Returns and is excited at the possibility of new entries in both franchises.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Yrh8MiJcrTl--YVAI9b8UA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this level of delusion

Rip Metroid

Glad Nintendo is killing it in sales though
About time gaming got good again

Is Arms really good? It seems like it's just some glorified gimmick game, not a proper game like Metroid is

Why doesn't fucking Capcom do this?

>source: my gaping anus

It's really good, yeah. Even before the updates I put tons of time into it.

Arms is one of the two (2) games the switch has so of course it's sells. It's knack all over again.

Dead IPs crossover game when

>switch buyers starved for games
>will buy any game nintendo shits out
I don't really care. Other studios have done the metroidvania formula far better than Nintendo ever did. Whether they passed the torch willingly or by incompetence isn't really my problem

nice source

Super Smash Bros.

>tales from my ass

>metroid will die in your lifetime

Good, i grew tired of people using it to push the MUH STRONK FEMALE CARACHTUR meme years ago.

>Other studios have done the metroidvania formula far better than Nintendo ever did
I bet you can't even name 3

Hollow Knight, better than any Metroid game.

Guacamelee, Cave Story, AM2R, fucking Shovel Knight, Stealth 2, the Castlevania games...

Need I go on?

Thanks for all those games, nerd. Got exactly what I wanted.

>Hollow Knight, better than any Metroid game

It's not on Nintendo, so you've never played it nerd.

PC gamers like myself have been experiencing superior Metroidvanias for a decade now.

source?
pretty sure prime sold over 3 million copies

>Metroid is bad because I hate women!

2 smug 4 me.

>Shovel Knight
>Metroidvania

>Shovel Knight
>metroidvania
What

Hollow Knight is going to be on Switch though

Oh boy another Other M apologist. Your opinions are not controversial or cool.

nSW ARMS 221,700 copies
3DS Metroid Samus Returns 30,855 copies

Metroidfags btfo

>liking Metroid means you like Other M

>Metroid isn't popular

stop the presses.

no one's going to remember arms. just like no one talks about wii sports anymore. this is wii all over again, except not as successful.

Doesn't really take much for a new and alive franchise to be bigger than one they've been ignoring for over a decade

Source?

It's great. I'm training on lv 9 and holy fuck, I literally read every tip everywhere just to understand how to do shit to have a slight edge, and I'm still being fucked in the ass by CPU. First fightan game in years where I have fun online and offline.

Never even played it but HK has nothing on Metroid. It's like saying Okami is better than Zelda.

Already happened. We just didn't get it in the West.

Well shilled, I like your style.

>any metroid game
Other M is a Metroid game you mouthbreathing fuck. Did your text-to-speech glitch out for you or something?

fuck off

Nice source.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Yrh8MiJcrTl--YVAI9b8UA/

>When you don't brush and floss for 2 years straight

>Cody
of fucking course

>Nintendo is happy with the reception to Samus Returns and is excited at the possibility of new entries in both franchises
Metroid 5 incoming

He stopped supporting Dobson because to paraphrase "I guess he thinks feminism is more important than Nintendo" and the fact that Dobson banned him for no reason

I think I was blocked because I'm pro-gamergate and he uses that thing that automatically blocks people who use certain phrases on twitter.

>the fact that Dobson banned him for no reason
because like how Dobson adores Other M over Super, Cody can't stop jacking off to Federation Force

and we all know what would happen if Dobson sees a person who adores a Metroid Prime game
ESPECIALLY FEDERATION FORCE

>Cody: "hurr durr stop spouting fake news Emily Rogers"
>does the same shit on Sup Forums
i bet you like Gohan in Dragon Ball, you balding piece of shit

My favorite Dragon Ball character is and always will be Vegeta.

I don't know how well we would get along. I certainly don't hate him like you fucks do. I don't understand the hateboner Sup Forums has for him, to be honest.

>My favorite Dragon Ball character is and always will be the manlet jobber
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that's even fucking worse

>I don't understand the hateboner Sup Forums has for him, to be honest.
you ask me