Deus ex thread

it was really that bad Sup Forums

no it wasn't. it wasn't amazing, but it was decent.

Mechanically no, it was a decent improvement over HR with the new abilities, plus Prague had more vertical space than Detroit or Hengsha which made exploring more fun.

Other than that, it was pretty bad.

the concept was interesting but the way they presented the story was so boring. It was completely humorless through and through.

I've given up on another Deus Ex with an actually good plot after this game. Thankfully the series has been killed off by Squeenix.

human revolution has the best plot in my opinion, but the first one has better writing in general

yeah but the level design was way worse than HR

now you're just flinging buzzwords

when you come to Los Angeles you can suck my cock.

In what way? In what part of HR was the level design great? Prague was better than both Detroit and Hengsha. The only bad part of Prague was loading between the two areas constantly.
If Golem City was longer or atleast had side quests and offered exploration it would have made the game feel more completed. Outside the ending just being awful aside. Its weird they had Golem City in all the preview stuff, and its over pretty early in the game.

The side quests in MD suck ass too, but exploring stuff like the bank or a few of the shops all intertwined in Prague was great. The only downside was I did all of that early on, then the main story makes you go through some of them again

it was unfinished right?

I doubt Golem City was the unfinished part, they clearly had it prepared since they were showing it off so much. I am not sure how far into the development they decided to make a trilogy, but that decision fucked the quality of MD which put the series on the shelf. Plus AUGMENT YOUR PREORDER bullshit

did you find better than human, i still haven't tried for denuvo, is worth to buying?

I think MD is slightly better than Human. The amount of exploration Prague offers is much higher than the two hubs of Human Revolution. Its worth buying for maybe 20 or less honestly. The story just leaves you feeling "is that it?" and the side quests could have been better.

Golem City was the best not-hub location, the other ones are less interesting.

neither human revolution has the best ending...
but thank you anyway

I like breach mode more than the main game.

gameplay was really fun, story was terrible.
they focused on the black lives matter side quest instead of the adam main quest of versalife stuff and adam's story.
that they cut the game story in half really didnt help too.

>Thankfully the series has been killed off by Squeenix
SE said nothing about cancelling the next game.

>that massive hype train before release
>all that marketing
>undersells on launch day
>was already selling for $15 in under a year

MD flopped pretty hard, odds are pretty good that Deus Ex is either dead or shelved for the foreseeable future.

I want a genuine breach mode full game release with all the bugs worked out.

I think they were on the same level, but how in the fuck is "level design" a buzzword?

HR is more focused an cohesive as a whole. I don't know if the design focus was scattered for MD, but it just felt more like pieces of several different sequels.
MD does make great strides in the gameplay and RPG mechanics though for the most part. for augmentation progression they pretty much revert back to DX which was excellent.
>picking one augmentation locks you out of another similar one.
although later in the game you can essentially bypass this and become crazy powerful, although you could do that anyways for the most part in DX with several augs and the energy sword.
all in all; gameplay mechanics are wonderful, but the world building, level layouts, and story are weaker than HR.

You're retarded, the level design was completely improved. It went from 2-3 ground paths and maybe 1 up path to multitudes more, thanks to not just more paths but also abilities which opened up new paths in the environment while still being balanced by noise.

Finished yesterday - wasn't bad rather medicore.

ff15 is already $20. What's your point?

>you will never find out what happens to Jensen

The ending where he kills himself in the first game is now cannon and Mankind Divided is just a dream while he's sinking to the bottom of the ocean

No. Just because it didn't live up to the hype doesn't mean it's a bad game.

MD jensen is actually a clone.

I hate this idea

if only the story was actually finished and offered some closure

The story was absolutely awful
There were definitely parts of the game chopped up for DLC

Level design in MD was 10 times better than HR stop lying to yourself kid.

I think they made a really great base for what could've been a good game, but they fell through when it came to the main plot

why?

Once you get past the opening missions it gets so much better. I played the opening missions and left it for months because it felt nothing like HR.