ITT: Games that survived development hell and were actually good

ITT: Games that survived development hell and were actually good.

Will this be the new XV threads spammed from now on ?
Just let it fucking die

I mean, it is a video game, a relatively recent one from a gigantic series. Sure, the discussion is worse than awful, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any threads, especially if some people liked it.

it was good because everything was scraped and they started new

>Turned big event bosses into borefests
>QTE guards and autododging
>hold-button combat with little variation
>Made magic less a tool and more a "skip boring fights" button.
>First FF since FF9 to use boring cutscene summons, and managed to make them even worse with them activating in dumb ways.
>The main mixup is teamattacks which are more basic than KH2's Limits, and also lack the resource management, so are just spammable iframes.
>Item usage is straight dumb, when they not only got this right back in KH1, but also in 13 LR.

If you like this game, get the fuck out of Sup Forums.

You finished the game and actually think its good? Come on now

Chapter 13 you fuck

>Let it die when there's a major story DLC coming in December
nah

You forgot to mention "Press X to everything"

>Turned big event bosses into borefests
I disagree, but you didn't give any reason why so there's no points to agrue
>QTE guards and autododging
I agree with this to a certain degree. I'd remove the bigass button prompt from parrying, and just have color based tells
>hold-button combat with little variation
The combat does have a lot of variation, but holding the button down does remove a bit of the control. It works well enough, but I think it would be better if it was press-based
>Made magic less a tool and more a "skip boring fights" button.
Magic in FFXV is interesting, if flawed. The magic grenades were a great idea, but I'd nerf the damage, make them MP based and add some new spells
>First FF since FF9 to use boring cutscene summons, and managed to make them even worse with them activating in dumb ways.
I can't think of any FF game where it's fun to control Eidolons, summons are meant to be fantastical and awe inspiring, which FFXV does a decent job of. It does kind of drop the ball when it comes to variety, and I agree with the dumb activation
>The main mixup is teamattacks which are more basic than KH2's Limits, and also lack the resource management, so are just spammable iframes.
I'll also agree with this. Team attacks are fine, but some extra depth/mix ups would only add to the game
>Item usage is straight dumb, when they not only got this right back in KH1, but also in 13 LR.
You are absolutely right here. Items and healing are completely fucked in FFXV and they know they messed it up because they completely changed the system for the multiplayer DLC, which seems to have fixed a lot what you're talking about

>If you like this game, get the fuck out of Sup Forums.
no

Could you elaborate on this? I don't know what you're talking about, unless you mean holding down O to attack, in that case, you'd get fucked. Yeah, the combat is too simplistic, but in any given encounter, I'm pressing at least a few buttons, not ideal, but whatever.

>and were actually good

remember to sage shithreads
this same thread was up like 1 hour ago and got archived >>>

Elaborate? Press X to Jump. Press X to Regelia. Press X to Pick up item. Press X to Open Door.

Need more elaboration or you good?

Oh, now I see. Why is that a problem, exactly?

It was pretty good. Could have been better but it was good. Comrades looks pretty fun as well.

It's nu-Sup Forums who hates this game

Did you play the game? Legit question.

Either you didn't play it or you are just pretending to be retarded.

Not him, but what is the problem with that? You press X for literally everything outside of opening the menu and canceling a selection in all the other Final Fantasy games, why is it suddenly a problem in XV?

Are you talking about how there's a weird, irritating delay that sometimes makes you jump instead of interacting with the object? I don't exactly think that's a reason to dislike the game, just a shitty quirk.

Who said I didn't like the game? And it is a very shitty "quirk" that could be easily fixed.

Now I understand, and feel slightly retarded. Based on the post you replied to originally, I thought you agreed with his list of reasons why FFXV sucks. I totally agree though, it's immersion breaking and I can't see why it would be difficult to fix. They're finally allowing you to take on multiple hunts at once now, so who knows, they might actually fix it.

Anyone who uses nu-Sup Forums as a dumb excuse should be banned.Stop being s insecure.
Why are you xv fags the most insecure fucks out there even among FF fanboys

can xv-kun kill himself pls
thanks

It's slowly becoming decent after 30+ gb of patches and it will be at least 1-2 more years until it will be a complete package and all the umb gameplay issues are adressed

>games you played once and are now gathering dust

I unironically feel ashamed with myself for having spent money on this game.

Pic not related

>FFXV
>Good