In this we try to decide what is the worst multimillion budget letdowns of 2008-2018

In this we try to decide what is the worst multimillion budget letdowns of 2008-2018

i start with a decent challenger:

Mass Effect Andromeda

Why is it always Bioware shit?

Is it really a letdown when all recent Bioware games prior to it were god-awful? It wasn't even that of a high-profile game from what I've seen (not that I follow mainstream gaming media to know how much visibility it had)

I actually ended up liking it somewhat after I finally finished it 7 years later but I bought it day one at a midnight release it was beyond fucking disappointing.

FFXV

No Man's Sky

is this the burger king kid's club?

>i want to make another billion dollar franchise

I was going to say Star Citizen, but then again that rolling garbage fire scam won't see the light of day remotely near Dec 31, 2018, will it?

At least you heard about those games.

You could make a stretch say Half Life 3 since it was "made" by valve and it was a pretty big letdown after all these years

I don't know how they have even stayed afloat this long. They struck gold once and with KotOR but they have never come close to since with what they achieved with Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, or KotOR. They are about as creatively bankrupt as Ubisoft and have been making the same kind of shit for too long now.

It did exactly what EA wanted.

I was actually considering posting this instead of FFXIII but any attention surrounding this game was attributed to its nearly 10 year development. It had no big name behind it like Final Fantasy or Mass Effect and was quickly forgotten.

Destiny 1/2
NMS
Andromeda can't even compete

This EA has been cannibalizing studios like this for decades origin systems, bullfrog, pandemic, westwood the list goes on.

if randy wasn't a moralfag cuck with his game would have done much better

Mass Effect 3 was a bigger letdown.
>end of a trilogy and a story spanning 3 games that were heavy on writing and worldbuilding
>threats bigger than ever before and stakes even were higher
>you had stuck with your protagonist in the 2 earlier games, playing as the exact Shepard in Mass Effect 1 as you did in 3 and depending on how well you had done in the previous games, you had a special selection of allies at your disposal

Andromeda was following Mass Effect 3, which was already disappointing. The hype for ME3 was bigger and because of that the letdown was bigger as well.

I've never played ME past about 10 hours of ME1 and even the bullshit with the ending made me mad. I can't imagine how awful it was for long time fans of the franchise.

took some time to sink in just how disappointing it was.
couldnt decide if the ending was really bad or that it sucked because my favourite franchise had just ended.

still love mass effect though