I'm hype for Super Mario Odyssey but this world is gonna suck isn't it?

I'm hype for Super Mario Odyssey but this world is gonna suck isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gpmDqRpCWmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The open world meme never works. Still buying it though.

Ice worlds always suck

At least there isnt a sewer kingdom

>HD rumble
>Cold
Fuck

We haven't seen much of it

I thought the Luncheon Kingdom was gonna be awful but this video changed my mind
youtube.com/watch?v=gpmDqRpCWmw
>layout changed because the player progressed far enough with the mandatory Moons
>big platforming focus
>skip entire sections of climbing if you're good enough

Theres probably going to be ice damage overtime if you stand too long without the iceclimbing gear

I doubt it cause mario only has 3 health

Maybe in icy water thought I don't know if there'll be any underwater sections

They confirmed that your health increases somehow

Oops, forgot to post caption, power plant is close enough to a sewer level, though. Hopefully it'll be full of pipes and secrets to discover.

As in an actual permanent upgrade, or something like Mario Galaxy's health boosters?

I think you misinterpret the "open world" thing. They mean it'll be like Mario 64 or Sunshine where the levels have multiple objectives and you don't need to spend all your time in one if you're not making any headway but need more Moons to continue. You can go back to a different level and complete an objective there instead.

More recent Mario games have had you just moving from level to level with very straightforward objectives and you couldn't continue the game until you'd beaten the stage itself.

>mario only has 3 health
Does this add difficulty to the game or just confirm that the game is piss easy like galaxy? Pretty sure its the latter.

Isn't this just a small sub-level in New Donk?

It's gonna be cool.

like galaxy' health boosters. they look like actual hearts now

Those are just big hearts like the life mushrooms in galaxy, once you lose the extra 3 health your max goes back to 3.

I'm a fan of snow worlds, especially in Mario, and I hate that they went with the Ice route instead. I hope this level has a christmas themed segment because Mario always excels at snow levels

>those citizens cheering him on
What?

It's a game for all ages you fucking tryhard

hard guess but one of the moons will probably be "fix the powerplant"

I for one am glad to see an ice level in a Mario game as a harsh, heartless tundra instead of the typical happy-go-lucky sappy tone of previous games

We hardly saw it

So were 64 and sunshine but they had mario with 8 health. With less health in a "open world" mario game, it means it will probably be like galaxy where you do a challenging part with lots of enemies, and after there is conveniently placed coins. Unlike in 64 and sunshine, you had 8 health and if you were low on health, you would go back and explore the level for coins to heal. The 3 health bar really limits their design. Each enemy, whether bowser or a goomba, doing 1 damage seems really lazy and limiting.

you realize that in sm64 most enemies took 3/8 of your health anyway, right?

but coins dont heal you in this, also most shit in 64 did two bars of damage anyways, so you essentially only had 4 hp in a way.