Have you ever dropped a game within the first hour? What cause it?

Have you ever dropped a game within the first hour? What cause it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3CI_GQKu7N8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anything with a time sink crafting system

New Vegas. Just couldnt get into it
No, I don't play Bethesda games

Xenoblade
That stupid combat system, I couldn't get to enjoy it

Not the first hour but the first 5. Dragon's Dogma. What a pile of shit, dropped after the Griffin quest.

Fire Emblem series, several times.

It's less the sRPG system and more how fucking abhorrently cliché the plots are.

Sword of the Stars 2

When I realized how many hoops I had to jump through in order to send a scouting ship, I immediately uninstalled

persona 3 and 4 after Sup Forums insisted they are 2 of the best games ever made. dropped because of autistic writing and complete lack of fun gameplay. not interested in high school drama.

I did with the stanley parable. then I gave it another chance a couple of years later and enjoyed it

this thread is stupid.
The only way you would have dropped a game in the first hour is if you have absolutely no interest in playing the game beforehand or had a vivid hatred for the genre and series prior to playing.

For most games nowadays a hour doesn't even get you passed the brain dead tutorial.

The OP said "game" not "narrated walking simulator"

I dropped Borderlands in the first 35-45 minutes. Same with Bioshock. Borderlands was boring as shit and I just absolutely hated how both of them felt control-wise. Never even bothered to try and go back to either series after dropping them.

>Mass Effect 3
Dropped when Kaidan started to whine like a baby in middle of a mission.

>Persona 5
Spaceport dungeon. Story wasn't going anywhere and the dungeon was the most boring and tedious content I've experienced in a game this year.

Bully, classroom QTE's and hiding from proctors

>got to the spaceport dungeon in the first hour

look into speedrunning user, you can probably get famous if you pulled that shit off

>getting to the Spaceport under an hour

Teach me your speedrunning ways

All Fire Emblem games.

I was done with one of the new Wolfensteins really fast. I think it was The New Blood.

Not a big fan of anything Platinum Games shits out either anymore.

>Have you ever dropped a game within the first hour?
>first hour

It was the first hour of that play session my dudes ;)

act of aggression didn't have attack move bound to A. as a result, i uninstalled and refunded about 2 minutes into my first skirmish

>that webm

why?

not cool man

>using attack move for any reason
that's okay, you are completely bad at RTS so it's good that you refunded it

Dark Souls

you do realize that if you look at the APM distribution of a broodwar game the vast majority of inputs will be attack move commands?

idiot

neverwinter nights 2

what a complete fucking joke compared to nwn1

Dragon age Inquisition.
Manual combat management was too clunky and unresponsive and the ai combat sucked.
Also, I always play RPGs on the highest difficulty; in the first area after you leave the castle, literally every time an enemy died another enemy would respawn.

This is false. I really like origins and RPGs in general and was hoping bioware would deliver

Agents of Mayhem and Moero Chronicles are the most recent ones I can think of.

>Dragon age Inquisition
The funny thing is the intro is actually pretty engaging, the problem is you then get dumped into generic MMO forest world #5 where engagement completely goes out the window.

>starting someone new is too much effort
>stop doing it and go back to eating junkfood while listening to youtube and playing dota 2/hearthstone
Pretty much caused it every time.

Other M. I saw the absolutely cringe opening cutscenes and just never looked back.

>Killzone Shadowfall

I remember when everyone Sonygro said it was the Halo killer

YAMEROOOOO

wolfenstein new order
gameplay was shit

doom 2016, it was too cringy

Metro 2033. Ammo scarcity combined with using ammo as currency, and that on top of your melee attack being worthless. Just made the game a chore.

I am yet to play more than an hour of EYE
I just can't get into the mindset.

>I only play serious video games for serious and grown adults as myself
>*tips fedora*

pic related, as soon as i realized it was fucking homework i uninstaleld

this fucking pile of steaming hot trash
thank god for piracy, i can't imagine my anger if i actually bought this shit

Boring.

Complicated battle system and not enough interesting things to keep me hooked.

Oh, another crazy looking room with nothing. Everything looks random, I get it.

Gears of War.

Borrowed it from my brother to see what the hype was about the series. Slogged through up to the point where you get the orbital laser, had some fun with that, and the game goes "Well that was a neat gimmick, huh? Back to the slog!"

Obviously I'm in the minority since it was huge, but I really don't see the appeal.

I've dropped games within the first hour due to performance. Deus Ex Mankind Divided was unplayable on PS4.
Finally played it when I got a gayman PC.

i'm sorry for your autism

MH4U. Just couldn't get into it

>actually using the currency ammo

lovin every laugh

play fe4

I'm sorry for yours
you paid attention to non-gameplay elements in a game about gameplay

aint got much of a choice when you've burned through everything else and you got creepy crawlies bearing down on you

>Distress signal baby's cry
>Bottle ship
>the baby
Fucking hell dude

Divinity Original Sinboth 1 and 2
I didn't really see the appeal

Outlast because it wasn't scary and just running from everything annoyed me.

how the fuck did you run out of ammo in metro
do you have parkinsons or did you spray and pray?

Lawbreakers. Someone sent me the steam charts page for the player count, refunded it so I wouldn't be stuck with a dead game. it's a shame since its fun, but I'm not eating a loss just for it

You're missing out on transcension.

Look at the postID before you reply next time newfag, I've never played D44M.

Mass Effect 3

I didn't particularly mind hearing about the endings being shit, I wanted to play it for wrapping up the story or whatever

but that introduction was just disappointment throughout

do you literally not look anywhere to try to find ammo? Part of survival action games is you have to put a minimal amount of effort into scavenging, usually. I can't wrap my head around that.

FE Awakening

I didn't like any of the characters I had met and the gameplay wasn't fun enough to keep me interested.

Undertale.
The minute Toriel opened her mouth I knew it would be retarded.

Games are for men only. You need to have a strict moral dichotomy: humans good; monsters bad. You need to stick to it and it needs to be used as justification for rewarding the player for killing every moving thing in their path, which is another absolute must in games in terms of design.

The difficult truth to swallow is that there really are such things as good and evil, you really can tell by looking, and slaying evil en masse really is something to celebrate. This is how games have always been, and it's how games SHOULD be, because, although everyone is too much of a pussy to talk about it, it's how LIFE is.

Fuck Toby Fox, fucking liberal commie scum should be shot with the rest of them. Genocide run is the only morally justifiable route. But only barely so, because you shouldn't even be playing or touching this dirty pile of trash to begin with.

Alone in the Dark reboot.

I loved the Alone in the Dark series, especially the first and The New Nightmare.
I was one of those poor bastards that was hyped as fuck for this game when It was released.

I couldn't bring myself to finish the 3rd chapter and returned it to Gamecrazy in exchange for Dead Space and Silent Hill Homecoming.

Unfortunately once again, only one of those were a good choice and brought my morale down quite a bit.

Akiba's Trip
I'm not into heavy amounts of dialogue in vidya.

I sure hope this is pasta and you're not actually a butthurt leftist

I'm actually right there with you.
Only difference being I played it 2 years ago since I have never played the series.

It's a very boring below average TPS for sure. Maybe the new Gears games past the first one are better but it was such a drab boring game to me. Even on the hardest difficulty.

>actually a butthurt leftist
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW.
Was it really THAT obvious I was posting ironically and I'm actually a liberal?
Shit I need to step up my game

Witcher 3. Tried to get into another time, still would able to last only for 30 minutes

Countless PSP JRPGs

Brave Story, Jeanne D'arc, Lord of Arcadia, Tales of the World, Valhalla Knights, Wild Arms XF, Lunar Silver Star Harmony... The list goes on.

Many games have short stages though? you can play a bunch of them and drop it if isn't for you under an hour easily.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
The story is too dumb even for crossover standards, and the fact they made the first level of tutorials not have combat just pushed it.

Torment numenera the moment i saw main character

Pokémon Diamond is the first that comes to mind here.

It was 2010, some dude on eBay was selling this and Killzone 2 for 15$ both.
I literally bought into it for the premise of playing only KZ and maybe giving HS a shot, which I regretfully did.
>game starts with a section where you have to kill a horde of enemies
>this is because you die for cinematic effect as it's actually the ending (wew)
>actual game starts during an invasion
>the protagonist, ultimate independent woman, with her (actually retarded?) friend are now in danger
>the first fighting section is cool, but doesn't feel as good as DMC or any other hack'n'slash game
>the second one is tedious as fuck because you cannot jump (yes, can't jump) and need to climb ladders while falling very easily
>at this point, the infamous cannonball level:
youtube.com/watch?v=3CI_GQKu7N8
>you need to move the control like a maniac to pull that shit off
>do it for 30 minutes, get pissed, do it without the sixaxis motion controls before passing
>come to a puzzle section
>can't figure it out at first glance
>go all "oh who cares" and exit the game
At least the 15$ where absolutely worth for KZ2, which was also a cheap price for a 1.5 year old game, and the multiplayer was a blast.
Thank goodness I've never ever seen someone care about this game. I don't want to be reminded of it.
Also, notice how Ninja Theory recycled the concept for Hellblade? Looks the same to me, just with blue instead of red.

Watch dogs 2, new deus ex game, new tomb raider

why would you keep buying them.... oh wait i get it youre an pirate emulation fag

You got a problem with that, faggot?

many many indie games due to bad game feel

Not in an hour, but holy fuck, I couldn't stand any of these faggots.

Same thing happened with Graces f and its gang of faggots.
>we gotta stop this guy
>b-b-but we can't because he's our friend
>oh no he got away

I really wanted to like this game but I saw how awful and overwhelming the entire item system was I just couldnt.

Besides the UI being awful, I hate games that let you pick up every damn spec of dust AND have weight limits to them.

You could always skip everything

Skullgirls
>didn't like how the movement felt
>didn't really like any of the characters (they're hot but I could just look them up on gelbooru)
>voices were kind of annoying

The entire game just fucking sucked, they had like 2 voice actors and the mission where you carry the child was fucking horrible.

The original Metroid.

It's just too repetitive for me.

The first time hearing the kid speak scared the shit out of me.

I liked the game tho

princess jellyfish was a good show