Which one, Sup Forums?

Which one, Sup Forums?

Neither. Metroid was never a good.

they're both good on their own merits and they're fairly different feeling ways to experience metroid 2

Samus Returns

I pick the GOAT

Both.

Samus Returns level design, physics and boss fights combined with AM2R visual design.

I cant decide, they are both really good.

Why can't you guys curb your autism? Be glad the series is returning to it's roots. They can coexist. Play both, have fun.

Am2r

am2r because its on PC and its free

Samus Returns is also free

Both. Stop doing this. If you want a Metroid thread, just make a Metroid thread instead of starting off with a shitpost. Holy fuck.

Nintenfags are clearly the most insecure fanbase to ever grace the internet.

You can take your victim complex and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Both are good, but i pick Samus Returns because Metroid fights are not retarded.
Zeta and Omega Metroids in AM2R are so fucking easy because they AI is fucking bad.
Also SR has better mechanics overall.

The only thing in which AM2R is better is in Samus' movement.

(you)

>The only thing in which AM2R is better is in Samus' movement

How so?

What victim complex? I liked both games.

I'd have to choose AM2R if only because it had free DLC, ran at 60 FPS, had rebindable controls, and the modifier file let me increase the difficulty of the game well beyond even the fusion mode of SR.

Of course both games are still good. Embrace glorious idortism.

I like SR.

it's just a personal preference in reality, but i love ZM physics.

Both. There's your one (You) from me.

HOW COULD THEY DMCA IT THOSE EVIL CORPORATE LOONEYS DOWN WITH NINTENDO

Make science!

Are SR and ZM's physics that different? It's been a awhile since I played ZM, so I'm not really sure.

Am2r for boss fights, control, 60fps, and visual style. MSR is still a decent game though.

Neither because Metroid 2 sucks.

Vapor brain

>Play one
>Then play the other
>lifesgood.jpeg

the original>AM2R>>>Hypnotizing yourself to think that you are playing Metroid while playing Halo instead>SR

The major difference is the walljumping.
In SR you can Walljump, but is not near useful, also they dumbed down the input to doing it.
To walljump in SR you just press against a wall an press jump.
I know that walljuping in this game is worthless because the spiderball, but i like to do that shit.

Anyways, SR has many good things. Music is fantastic, 360 aim is comfy, the 3d effect is fantastic, enviroments are full of life, the bosses have more than one way of killing them, you can change beams on the fly, etc.

AM2R is Metroid with crazy bosses

Samus Returns has a fucking melee counter and removes exploration by introducing the scan pulse

I don't see how this is even an argument, though SR looks decent visually at least, and I liked the analog aiming (should have been available for the N3DS nub though)

Metroid II: Return of Samus

This thread is now a TUBES thread

AM2R was closer to what I wanted out of a M2 remake. While SR has some good things about it, I've seen a lot of mass appeal on Sup Forums since release and I'm not sure what many are finding in it that makes the game their GOTY candidate.

>I'm not sure what many are finding in it that makes the game their GOTY candidate.
either they're getting jew cents deposited in their accounts, or they're those types that despise anything that isn't official on the basis that they're not official and nothing more, I don't know which one is more pathetic

even talking about AM2R makes me wanna replay it

All three. Including the original.

Pic related. Its what I wanted to do to Ridley.

>even talking about AM2R makes me wanna replay it
I think I'll replay it right now.
Still can't seem to beat my 100% items time.

>removes exploration by introducing the scan pulse

It replaces the map room which Metroid 2 never had, so you have to uncover the map manually. It also replaces the x-ray scope, which Metroid 2 also didn't have, which allows you to see just blocks that are breakable, but not what kind of blocks in exchange for some energy. It literally doesn't nothing really different than what was in previous games and in fact, it's gimped in some ways while being more powerful in others.

Add an additional panel of all the pirates dead and the metroid on one of them.

They're both garbage. Fan remakes almost always have autistic shit or too many recycled assets from other games. AM2R awkwardly reuses nauseating tiles from ZM, a game designed to appear legible on a non-backlit GBA. Samus Returns is the very definition of causal. They took an already linear game with a tiny map, and backported a bunch of broken power-ups that have no place in the game, made it impossible to miss "secrets," and even threw in fucking teleporters in case you somehow get lost backtracking through a bunch of completely linear corridors.

The franchise is dead. Just move on. There will always be other action-adventure IPs.

>AM2R awkwardly reuses nauseating tiles from ZM
The plan was to replace those with original tiles but Nintendo DMCA'd him.

> am2r shill
> speedrunning

Thanks for confirming your autism

>it's gimped in some ways
I really don't see how you consider it gimped, and you get it 2 minutes in

I mean, I really don't think I'm going to drop SR before finishing it (like I did with Spirit Tracks), it's not bad, it's just below the rest of the series for me

AM2R was the better game, but fewer people played it, so results will always be skewed in favour of Samus Returns.

>thinking we were the same person
Thanks for confirming YOUR autism.
Also
>shilling for a free game

They are both great. AM2R is for huge fans of super metroid/hype rmetroid.
While Metroid Samus Returns is more for people who might have played the old games, but were not hardcore into them. Both are fine, both are fun, I enjoyed AM2R because I am that faggot that played Super Metroid too much, sequence broke it etc, so I could appreciate it more. I still really enjoyed Metroid Samus Returns though.

>Samus Returns is the very definition of causal

All shall bow to tubes

first poster here, I don't speedrun Metroid games, though at times I do go for 100% completion

>AM2R shill
>shill
>for a free game
if anything should be under suspicion, it's SRfags, you dimwit

i did played it and i think SR is better overall.

But SR's boss fights were terrible.

Nigger what? Every metroid fight in SR is just them repeating the same few attacks with massive windups and countering them for a bunch of free hits. Zetas also have the grapple gimmick, while Omegas waste your time with the rock dropping attack. AM2R's metroids were far more aggressive, which made them both more difficult and more interesting to fight.

> retards think you can't shill free products

>Drill bot
>ridley
>terrible

Both are good for different reasons.

SR is also free, silly

AM2R AI is retarded, nigger.
>Every metroid fight in SR is just them repeating the same few attacks with massive windups
AM2R metroids are much more simplier and they have less attacks and one way to kill them.

>Ridley
>not terrible
He should never have been in the game in the first place.

am2r
Fuck 3d shovelware. Fucking parrying jesus christ

Wow its almost as if AM2R was trying to replicate the metroid fights from Metroid 2.

Sure he's out of place but his fight was fun as fuck. Not to mention the hype when the baby helps you

Ridley is a very large Plasma beam damage sponge

It's that time again

one of these two games will generate revenue to its publisher, while the other is a freeware not that famous download that will generate no dollars to anyone

I don't even know if you're being serious anymore, SRfag

>literally PRESS X TO STUN ENEMY being regarded as good design

>Boss that spends 90% of the fight being untouchable
>Arbitrarily can only be damaged by bombs with the suck up move and not missiles

>Hamfisted forcing of Ridley into the game in a fight with a bunch of cutscenes mixed in
>Few attacks and a huge arena to fight in so they're easy to avoid

Yeah, they're terrible.

You ignored the important part, which is that in AM2R they don't have massive windups for everything, and are more aggressive. The arenas are generally a lot smaller too, making it harder to get over them.

t. i did not play either.

see The fight was garbage.

Wow it's almost as if they realized the metroids were retarded and did a complete overhaul on them

>hype
Speak for yourself, I felt insulted by Sakamoto shamelessly rehashing the beats of the Mother Brain fight. At least there wasn't a hyper beam too.

Well say whatever you guys want, I really had a lot of fun with the fight.

>suddenly change metroid behavoir after 30 years of them doing the same thing
Metroids aren't supposed to do anything besides run at you over and over again very aggressively.
Its all they've ever done.

that's not a good argument, my nigger.
Metroids in 2 were bad.

SR:
Press x to parry, change beam to freeze it belly so they can't do elemental attacks anymore or just fucking nuke them with missiles. Also you can grapple beam some metroids.

Am2r: Just wait for the exposed belly of the metroid and run like a bitch because they hurboxes are garbage.

>That part of the cutscene where the robot gets back up and Samus just listlessly raises one arm to shoot at it
The game could've been directed by Tameem for how badly it failed at making Samus cool.

>and more interesting to fight.

Debatable.

>abloo bloo bloo waah
Say no more, I can already tell you are a nintenbro

Wow
That sure does sound fun user

>You ignored the important part, which is that in AM2R they don't have massive windups for everything, and are more aggressive. The arenas are generally a lot smaller too, making it harder to get over them.

nigga, am2r AI is fucking garbage. I can defeat a fucking omega metroid in hard without taking any damage. And no, they are not more aggresive.

MORE TUBES

your description indicates you don't like 2D platformers with shooting mechanics, I suggest you try other series, like God of War

wait, is SR the entry point for shit opinion casuals to the Metroid fanbase? oh no

you have not given any argument in the whole thread, faggot.

>change beam to freeze it belly
Except its already been established that Metroids lose their weakness to ice after evolving.

AM2R

>your description indicates you don't like 2D platformers with shooting mechanics, I suggest you try other series, like God of War

wtf nigger? fuck off. I fucking love metroid, platformers, retro games and nintendo in general.

Only drones will say SR

I just think the fight would just get grating on successive playthroughs. The pattern isn't particularly hard to nail down and while other bosses in SR tended to waste your time with a lot of invulnerability moments, in this battle you're instead mostly just mashing or charging the plasma beam at all stages.

AM2R probably. Not because it's a lot better, but man is Counter to Win a load of boring shit in the Nintendo one.

>chasing you while they're flying and occasionally doing a ramming attack at you isn't as aggressive as doing a parriable attack, then floating around and then starting to drop bombs (???) before going back to doing the parriable attack

am I missing something here?

and what's the problem? you don't damage them with ice, you just freeze it belly so they can not do their fucking elemental attack.

No don't worry, that was Super

AM2R
>better movement
>better combat
>better atmosphere
>great gimmicks
>the reactor
>free

Samus Returns
>framedrops
>parrying is sorta neat i guess
>why are there so many tiny cutscenes
>the second ability you get lets the game do the exploring for you
>free

Comes down to personal preference.

>I fucking love metroid, platformers, retro games and nintendo in general.

>talks shit about having to maneuver in a 2D space to get under the alphas to damage them

who do you think you're fooling?

>it's OK when nintendo does it

nigger you dumb.
fuck off.

>casuals
>liking Super
pfff

Like Mecha Ridley from ZM, and Dark Beast Ganon from BotW, Ridley's just there to make you feel cool after beating the actual final boss

wow, thanks to your words, I now see how you really like 2D platforming and totally didn't shit on it! I loved parrying in every other Metroid game before SR!

>And no, they are not more aggresive.

Casuals adore Super Metroid.