>no hitreg problems
>no desync problems
>no lag problems
>consistent gunplay

seems good

>loot boxes and premium items

bad

difficult choice desu

This. Its new CoD. Its a neat idea for the first few games then it becomes ho hum

Consistently shit gunplay. Its the biggest fault, since it runs well, looks nice, has the building which seems okay, and you can actually destroy buildings.

wats a ho hum?

I fucking despise this cheap looking, F2P, mobile phone style. Just atrocious.

Epic Games: Its like PUBG but dead no one is playing our game.

This. The gunplay is actually awful, everything else is good enough for a BR game, better then PUBG at least.

>Epic Games: "We're big fans of PUBG, so we want to implement a similar idea with 100-person matches into our game."
>Bluehole: "STOP COPYING OUR GAME! ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
Jesus Christ, are there going to be even more copyrights for video games mechanics like this? What would vidya be like if Capcom decided to sue companies like SNK and Midway for making their own fighting games? Is that what Bluehole wants?

Let me make it easy for you:
>no one is playing it

Why would you even want to build something in a game where you have to constantly move due to the shrinking map?

I'm excited to try this. I would never buy a battle royale style game, but I'll certainly play a free one.

it isn't even released you dumb fuck

also pubg devs crying about competition really shows how little effort they put into their games, pubg will flop hard because of lack of development in a few months

Is Fortnite good?

Downloading it now, since it's free.

>implying battle royale is an original concept

This game costs too much, where is the free version.

lmao pubg fans in damage control mode

it will be released the 28 of sept i think

>“We’ve had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG’s development as they are the creators of [Unreal Engine 4], the engine we licensed for the game,” Bluehole vice president Chang Han Kim said in the press release. “After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.”
>chang
>han
>kim
GET
FUCKED
GOOK/CHINK

I make walk ways up to and then between the mountain tops

I would rather pay for the same game but made by people that actually know how to use their engine

>no one is playing a game that is a beta inside of a beta

really made me think

comes out on the 26

>tfw pubg with redfaction destructible terrain and constructible so you can build your own sniper tower on the fly, with diablo guns, and no lag or desync and being built over night while already have more features than pubg, while also being completly free with no lootbox meme shit

l-lmao

Graphic style is a huge turnoff for me

This is so stupid. Imagine if id software tried to sue people for putting deathmatch in their game after Quake made it popular.

Try to save for the end fight ive been one of the final two turning up with 3 health and a green shotgun

Can I play as the chubby construction girl?

>art style means we can have thick waifus

this is getting good

Get ready for the inevitable avalanche of shitty half baked Battle Royal clones from Ubisoft, Activision and EA.

Kinda shit desu

Fortnite seems to be very repetitive even without the battle royale mode.

Think you might get a random character when you spawn. Main menu showed me as one of the white male soldiers and when i got in i was the mexican soldier. I've only done one match though so I have no idea.

>Buy into the game because it's PvE
>They start focusing on PvP out of nowhere
This isn't going to be Firefall all over again, is it?

They're riding on the hottest thing to boost attention to their game. Just like when games would throw in crafting/survival mechanics thanks to Minecraft.

I'll never play faggot unknown, but this one looks good. Of course they'll probably fuck it up

Where were you when pubg got btfo

Epic is back babby

My only question, does it run well?

PUBG barely runs on NASA super computers.

I may play this. Hopefully they'll add Halloween content. With the art style it might be cool.

it's a chinese phrase

youtube.com/watch?v=zBbBc5UYqDw

Why does everyone keep saying this?

You know those big publishers are so fucking slow to following trends, that by the time people get the fuck over it, they just MIGHT announce their title?

Christ, you fucking people are really dumb.

>No BattleEye

The game is going to be full of hackers. Pass.

If you're are pro hackers aren't a problem.

At least games back ten weren't 1 game type sold as a complete product most of the time. This is what modern gaming has become.

I wanted to like this but and amazon reviews make me think it only *looks* like a good game.

amazon reviews are saying it's P2W and has constant nerfs. bummer. i just want a PUBG w/o 3rd person on ps4, that's it, is it really too much to ask for

Its because they have to make alot of new systems to copy survival games or MOBAs. This is a fucking shooter, EA could copy paste Battlefield 4 but on a big map and disable respawning. Done. The game has parachuting, the game has all the guns and attachments.

>redfaction destructible terrain
Terrain is indestructible and buildings are building blocks much like how you build.
>while also being completly free with no lootbox meme shit
Currently, yes.
Lootboxes (or Llamas) will definitely be coming - they're already in the regular Fortnite.

Battleeye is garbage it's 90% passive library detection, made by one German guy.

heh

> the TDM of this generation

That's what Firefall did.
PvE reworked into PvE+PvP reworked into PvP and finally reworked back into PvE. By the time they were done the game was a bare bones mess.

It's exceptionally pay to win. Epic has really shit the bed when it comes to monetizing this and Paragon, a moba where the items you can buy are all RNG gated.

The one game I played ran the game way better than PUBG. Make sure to change the fps limit to max in the settings

>Can you copyright a game mode IDEA?
No
>the n

yea like I said objectively better than pubg in everyway except it also makes pubg butthurt as fuck so its like a triple win.

we did it reddit

>tfw heroes of the battle royale
>tfw starcraft:ghost royale

After playing 10 matches of this, I've found it entertaining, but not really competitive.
For weapons, there are tiers (never see anything past rare) so 3 levels of weapons. So the weapon system is simplified compared to pubg.
There is no armor, you can find shield potions (2 to get to 100%) but thats it. Healing is available as well.

As for cosmetics, you spawn in as a random hero. I only see a few of the models being used. Mostly the soldier class heroes with the occasional constructor guy.

Now the building mechanic is handy, but it won't save you. Stuff breaks fast. Use it to get up high or find loot, but you also become a target and people can break what you're standing on anyway. So if you think a sky bridge will save you, you're dead. Few bullets and you're falling to your death.

All in all, the main problem right now is people teaming in the only mode available (solo) when they've made it clear that its bannable and they are adding a squad queue on the 26th.

Personally, Id like the addition of a larger map, vehicles if possible, and maybe find a way to integrate the class abilities (base ones, ninja, soldier, so on) but on a different level, so its not a super simplified pubg.

I'm confused on the battle royale mode

It's free, and there's no permanent progression. Is there going to be any kind of unlockables?

Or is it somewhat tied to the whole loot piñata extravaganza from the base Fortnite game? Because I heard that the basic system is extremely extremely pay2win, to the point $100 doesn't even get you a legendary, in a game where loot has random stat allocation, so even if you get a legendary it might have fucking shit stats, or get the right stats but with low rolls so it's worse than a green gun shit like that.

>teaming up in solo mode is bannable
Video games are pretty fucking stupid these days. What's next, they're going to ban you from building crude penis shaped buildings and cut out the chat features to prevent toxic dialogue?

I'm loving this more than I'd expect.

good god that artstyle

>MFW you fags are already fucking scared that a game thats not a buggy piece of shit and has a better aesthetic then yours being in the same category.

I want this game to succeed and overtake yours simply to put you idiots in your place.

wow
youtube.com/watch?v=Q19apeXtGXE

It's a solo queue for a reason, teaming up defeats the purpose.

>After playing 10 matches of this, I've found it entertaining, but not really competitive.
that's because the battle royal genre isn't competitive. it's a casual game mode

As someone who has access to the closed alpha of it, it really isn't.
Fortnite really isn't designed for this kind of gameplay, the gunplay is shit, the characters don't have enough health to compliment the obvious RPG-lite gameplay, the hitboxes are fuckhuge, making it extremely easy to kill/die, and fuck me is it borderline impossible to hide from people in this game.
What it REALLY needs is a squad mode of this, but as it stands now it's just a crappy ripoff that's inferior to the actual Fortnite game AND PUBG.

>i just want a PUBG w/o 3rd person on ps4
Get a PC you poorfag.

Actually, the reason Bluehole is looking into suing Epic is because Epic is apparently using things that were developed specifically for PUBG in their BR game.

Oh, and the fucking inventory system is absolute fucking shit.

can you tell me if the battle royale has any progression or pay2win features? or is it entirely f2p?

I just remembered PUBG looks really fucking boring
No style at all

they could of made such an interesting pvp mode and they just jumped on the bandwagon like a bunch of dumb fucks.

>Dumb fucks
>When they're getting the attention and publicity for their game they wanted by jumping on the bandwagon

As of right now it's F2P, I was in the original closed alpha, and while I don't have access to the full game, I do have access to the BR mode.
It's got even more RNG than PUBG with not only different weapon types and weapons, but your typical colored loot system, chests scattered about the map, and I think there are even some loot boxes.
Literally all I wanted was something more in line with Rust for this game's PVP, but instead we get a lazy ripoff of PUBG.
The building in this game is genuinely one of the best implementations I've seen, and it's relegated to PVE (where people just build trap mazes and barely take advantage of the building system) and the like.

Is this the same Fortnight that's been like 3 different games? It was some kind of stylized zombie survival game when it was announced, then it was some garbage collectathon, now it's this?

>then it was some garbage collectathon
It was never that, it's still a zombie survival game.

I don't understand the appeal of this games, you don't keep the loot, you don't gain levels or anything.

You just waste 20 minutes looting and running until you die.

Maybe if there was a chance to find llamas hidden or something I'd play it, but just for teh lulz I don't see why play more than 2 or 3 times and forget about it.

>Not on Steam
20 players online in a month

>Global chat is very active
>finding matches in less the a minute
Pubg players on suicide watch

>You just waste 20 minutes looting and running until you die.
Not everyone is a faggot that needs games to be a shitty treadmill where you grind for the best loot to show off to other faggots as a replacement for any actual accomplishments in real life.

At least 2 major publishers will have Battle Royale games out by the end of next year. Everyone is going to try and capitalize on PUBG's popularity but they missed the boat.

Its free now if you played Paragon or Unreal before.

Thanks for being the problem in modern day "gaming", faggot

There are some neat secrets behind destructible walls on this game, I found one by accident the other day.

>main game
boring horde mode
>battle royale
what you would expect

Lol you sad shacksbof shit are going to hop on another battledick after h1z1 king if the kill? It hasn't even been a year stop chasing a battle royal, the idea will be copied and implemented so many ways from here on out you can't stop.

in the zombie horde game mode, yes

in battle royale, it's random right now. havent seen her specifically yet.

What exactly is the regular mode's gameplay? I know BR mode is like PUBG, which game is the regular one like? DayZ or something?

>Sup Forumstards actually think anyone is worried about some rinky dink clone that might as well be chinese can steal players from pubg

Oh I'm laffin. At best this is gonna be pubg for subhumans: slavs, negroes, huehues. Nothing but human garbage.

I am not a shacksbof, sir.

only the BR is free isn't it?

base game is free already? can't find anything about that online, everywhere it still says TBA 2018

Both of those things aren't bad on their own. Horde mode can be fun provided it's not a stale "Retarded easily kited enemies that only increase in number."

Never played battle royale shit, but elimination styled death match was always fun to me.

imagine if metal gear survive wasn't a sandbox survival but a battlegrounds style game where you raid enemy outposts for gear and have skullfog chase you around maps

No T H I C C girls on Battle Royale so far.
Epic is like "Free BR, ps: no fat chicks"
I hope they add them.

They said base game was going to be free next Tuesday.

early arma 2 DayZ was better though, since they had persistant characters, the tension before looting military bases, airport or choppers was insanely high, it was your character from weeks that could die

Or the struggle to loot hospitals when you were out of supplies

only noobs had a battle royale in the starting cities, the real game was in the woods far away from the coast

no game will be able to replicate this

Base game costs on console, but the battle royale is free on the 26th.
And they apparently already showed that it can cross platform no problem "accidentally".

Needs work though.

so base game WILL NOT be free on the 26? only shit royale?

Wait, it's only the royale?

They're doing themselves a disservice.

Fucking put this shit on Steam or it's gonna die