Voice actors don't deserve to be paid mo-

youtube.com/watch?v=L8CVj_Mu8ZQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b27iLcoPHTg?t=3m32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>buy video game
>they spent all the money on making a movie

>Paid more
No, they deserve what they're paid. Here's the thing, the strike could've been over last year if they just said "Hey, scheduling three high-energy screaming sessions in a week is bad for our health and will ruin our voices", then they could've gotten some wiggle room. Pointed out that if they spaced these sessions better and worked with the VAs on schedules then you wouldn't get into situations like the Persona 4 spinoffs where 70% of the original voice cast is missing and VAs don't lose their voices. But no, it's all about the money so they keep trying to tack on this royalty shit. The guys making billions off video games don't give a toilet squirt about keeping the same VA from game to game unless they're incredibly iconic (and even then not so much like with Hayter), you think you're gonna convince them to give you a piece of the pie if you walk? Fuck no

WE

WUZ

ABANDONED

teal c is not just a voice actor, he's also doing mo cap so he actually will get paid more

What about those that actually make the game?

No one gives a fuck about voice acting. It's a nice surprise to have good voice acting in a game, but it is the least important aspect of a video game. As in every field of work, you are paid relative to your worth in a project. Fuck off with these threads.

Bump

KILLED ZEUS N SHIEET

Where is that video of all the Witcher 3 mocap sex scenes?

>the people who just add fluff to the game deserve more pay than the people who actually make the fucking game

>Video of a cutscene
>It's already too long

This game is going to be crap.

I refuse to play any game that doesnt have voice acting. Seriously, FUCK READING and fuck games that dont have voice acting

Voice acting is the main reason why video games can be taken seriously by adults. Its also why its still humiliating to buy a Nintendo product in public as a grown adult.

Any voice actor who thinks they should be paid more because the game sold a lot can fuck off.

tl:dr

like user says here, they deserve some better treatment (and so do codemonkeys) but they try to have their cake and eat it by asking for royalties for every copy sold.

SPBP

>Voice actors walk
>Localized games stuck with Japanese voices only
>Most people are surprised but don't give a shit because they want to play the game

Only a few loud people on Twitter will complain which will be echoed on Sup Forums and only Sup Forums

You didn't have to respond to my bait like that, I'm not a kid!

a bonus for how well the game does, maybe in tiers would be fine. and getting paid more for each iteration of a character, i can go for. i feel like the va`s for stuff like gta should of gotten a good chunk of money, not like gta 5 didnt make rockstar fucking bank

>Voice actors don't deserve to be paid more than developers
there i finish it for you and yes that is correct, they don't deserve royalties as they don't sell games by themselves.

well obviously, someone has to mine those free (you)s

God what a waste of money. Is all this shit really necessary?

really then marketers should get paid the most because they can make total fucking garbage top the charts

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

they are paid more than most, besides the shitty top brass that is.

I do give a a fuck abotu voice acting

If you want every game to sound like Gothic 1/2 you're an idiot

VAs deserve royalties just like real actors do

actors negotiate, they dont just automatically get royalies. some do it for set fees, some do it for bonuses depending on how well it dones, some go for royalties. basically, you negotiate for...what your worth. they are trying to negotiate for royalties and they are getting them because...

>they deserve to be paid more for dressing in skintight suits and playing pretend
Motion Capture is a big meme

>more than developers

but is that what they want though?
I thought they just want to be paid more than what they are given currently, not necessarily more than the developers themselves.

do even the devs get royalties

Oh no, not the Persona 4 dub voice "actors". People with any taste care so much about that, we differently couldn't give less of a rats ass about them.

Oh shit Teal'c voices Kratos? Fuck you he deserves every penny

there is a global organization that does the negotiating for them

and i assume they are pretty good at what they do and the voice actors are getting what they are worth

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

How do I become a voice actor?
I genuinely think I'd be pretty good. Just dunno how to even become one.

lol gay

The programmers deserve royalties too if the VAs get them.

audition dummy

good looking movie.

>he needs voice acting to enjoy a game

youtu.be/b27iLcoPHTg?t=3m32s

is that a fucking goold?

Gonna be honest I don't feel that voice acting adds much to game and I preferred reading text in many cases.

Connections. Va work is literally talking or yelling, it's building a network of connections. You don't get chosen because someone sits down and listens to 200 people each trying their version of the character you want, fuck no. They look at a list of well known va's, and go "yeah he could do it". You just need to be on that list, nothing else

His voice acting is terrible and mo-cap is hardly anything to write home about. Fuck voice actors and their dumb entitled assholes.

games would take less time and still cost 50 bucks, that's for sure.

When I play a ps1 rpg and all the voices sound however I think they should, then I play a more modern rpg and I get to choose between japanese mouse squeaks or english same 5 actors I just miss the old days.

I think voice acting helps other genres more, like horror games. Hard to imagine silent hill 2 or 3 with no VA.

Fuck off cuck.

False gods*
Dead false gods*

Wisdom

voice actors also don't need to do all this shit either, faggot

I'll have a look into that.
Sounds plausible, but then again how do you know that stuff?
I mean I know that there are known VAs that people would know and desire to use, but still.

is that some motherfucking teal'c?

Among my people I would be well within my rights to kill you.