Yfw Paper Mario Switch gets revealed next E3 and it's a sequel to 64/TTYD

>yfw Paper Mario Switch gets revealed next E3 and it's a sequel to 64/TTYD

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1424381930452.jpg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is this a thread for things that will never ever ever happen

It'd be cool but I doubt it'd happen unless Nintendo really understood the message.
How did Color Splash sell anyways?

Tell me more jokes, OP.

As much as I would like it to happen, they said the sticker star/color splash would be the new standard and if people liked it they would make more. Said there can only be one RPG series and to look for Mario and Lugi for that.

Color Splash came out too recently, if Paper Mario gets another shot at redemption it will take a couple more years.

>nintendo will remake TTYD before it remakes PM64 even though PM64 is vastly superior

I hate gamecubetards

Tanabe said that they think they've done everything they can with the Color Splash/Sticker Star formula and will do something different in the future
Can someone post the updated version?

At least the Paper Mario: Rip and Tear edition is pretty cool. much more challenging than I gave them credit for.

I'm hesitant on a remake for either after seeing the threads about Superstar Saga's remake

I'd rather play Super Paper Mario 2.

true

>Paper Mario sequel to 64 and Gamecube
>My only thoughts would be wondering how they will fuck it up
>mfw

>all your sidekicks are replaced by toads because Miyamoto doesn't like original characters
Or better yet
>they get replaced by abilities that you can't even use in-battle, they're just for overworld exploration.

Will we finally get the chain chomp partner?

>Sidekicks are merely callbacks to the original games
>Star Points become a form of currency

>Badges locked behind Amiibos

>yfw SMRPG2 by the Octopath/Bravely team gets confirmed next e3

>Said there can only be one RPG series
Paper Mario came first, it's only fair they kill Mario & Luigi instead.

If it's so superior, why does it need a remake?

If Odyssey can happen, this can happen

I think Paper Mario is the one more in need of a remake, because it's older

Mischef Manera 2

Worst sales in the Paper Mario series.

>Game forces one gimmick
>Leveling up in battles only works for the gimmick

How come Kawade's interview never got added?

let it go user, nintendo won't make another paper mario with the substance of ttyd. at least not until miyamoto dies, as he is the one that says mario has too much story in those games.

>paper mario with the substance of ttyd

It's a generic villain tries takes over the world story and the circumstances surrounding the final villain and the 4 heroes is stolen from Final Fantasy III. You people place it too highly on a pedestal that, well Miyamoto really is right.

Of course it's a generic plot. It's a Mario game.

But although the plot is generic, the characters, writing, assets, world design, and battle system are anything but. They're memorable and evocative.

That's the "substance" we're talking about here. Compared to that, the plot basically doesn't matter.

PM64 was literally peach kidnaps bowser but the world and characters were charismatic and memorable. Compare it to sticker star, which uses the same plot, but without interesting characters/locations and events

season 2 when

>yfw paper mario fags are asking to be fisted by the monkey paw AGAIN

boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1424381930452.jpg/

Also, who is the one responsible for using generic stock characters (koopas, toads, a single toddatte so that we pretend that fungus can have sex) in games like the remake of super star saga?

It wouldn't. The game is simplistic as fuck and the graphics/assets are mostly just recycled/touched up from TTYD. They can pump out Mario and Luigi games lightning fast so Paper Mario is no different.

Alpha Dream to save costs. Those sprites that Sup Forums insists are 3D models weren't cheap.

>peach kidnaps bowser

why would you want that though?

I'm not talking about PM64 though. PM64 used its world and characters effectively to tell a simple but charming story that was a stark contrast to the sort of stories other JRPGs around that time were doing.

TTYD and SPM tried to do with the main story was start telling the kind of stories other JRPGs were and they were worse off for it because they just weren't good at it. Holding TTYD up for its story is ridiculous because thats the weakest part of its writing, it doesn't stand up to other JRPGs that way.

you bet your ass I'd have a Switch bought from the website before I even finish watching the trailer

>because they just weren't good at it
but they were though
>Holding TTYD up for its story is ridiculous because thats the weakest part of its writing
no one's holding it up for its story, we're holding it up for the specific and minute ways in which it was told
which were great

>no one's holding it up for its story, we're holding it up for the specific and minute ways in which it was told
>which were great

Are you aware I'm talking about the main story of TTYD and not what happens during the self-contained chapters?

>Are you aware I'm talking about the main story of TTYD
which no one is holding it up for
>and not what happens during the self-contained chapters
which people are in fact holding it up for

you're thinking of Super Paper Mario

You're more correct than you know. Paper Mario fags actually get off on being angry and disappointed, every new perceived slight against them is a new notch on their wall of persecutions that they can hold over the heads of others. That's why people like this psychopath exist. A new game that's actually fun, you might play once and get tired of after 20 hours or so, but you can use a victim complex to completely dominate discussion and circlejerk among like-minded idiots forever.

super paper mario also had a generic uninteresting plot made forgivable by a very diverse and memorable world and cast

I would be much more exited than anyone could contain.

I started playing TTYD, I get why people love these games now.
I'm planning a stat spread to reach by lv. 30 for the last boss (and the Pit of Trials), is 50HP/45FP/42BP good? I feel like I might need more BP.

Remove some from HP and add it to BP

Miyamoto doesn't want it because he thinks it would just be a rehash of 64/TTYD

nigga lv 20 is OP as fuck by end game. You will steamroll the game

remove all HP, convert it to BP and go danger mario

except TTYD had a least a few twists,
Bowser has a side story, isnt main villain
main villain is merely pawn for greater evil,
minus peach getting kidnapped and you'd just be on a cool treasure hunt

Nah Super Paper Mario takes from Final Fantasy VI.

The parallels between PMTTYD and FFIII include:
>The 4 heroes before the start of the game. In FFIII the 4 heroes of darkness vanquished the flood of light. The 4 heroes of TTYD sealed the Shadow Queen.
>In FFIII Xande is tricked into unleashing the Cloud of Darkness in order to get immortality. In TTYD Grodus is tricked into unleashing the Shadow Queen in order to rule the world.
>There's a scene in FFIII during the final confrontation where the heroes are beaten due to the curse of the 5 wyrms, in order to break it 5 of allies the heroes helped with pure hearts are gathered together and that breaks the curse. This parrallels with the part where the Shadow Queen becomes invincible and the cheers of Mario's allies powers up the crystal stars to prevent that.
>Similarily the Cloud of Darkness is also invincible until you help the 4 Warriors of Darkness in FFIII.

Miyamoto killed my dog, you know.

He also once kidnapped a small child in Shibuya and sacrificed him to a demon in exchange for Toad figurines.

The more you know.

>main villain is merely pawn for greater evil
That's not exactly much of an original twist you know

>there will never be a game with npc's as good as TTYD and villains as good as Super Paper Mario.

Oh and the 4 Warriors of darkness in FFIII were cursed to be trapped in the crystals of darkness, the same way the 4 heroes in TTYD are trapped in the chests.

yeah but my point is judging games by their overarching plots is stupid anyway
what exactly would be wrong with just being on a cool treasure hunt if it were a cool treasure hunt through such a great world with such nice feel to it and moderately evocative writing
in a book or a movie we care about what happens next and its logical connection to things that happened before because these forms of media progress on their own without our meaningful participation
playing a game is a little more like living in the world
does your life have an overarching plot that makes sense?
no?
then why not just end it if it's so boring?
because it isn't, that's why
it's a different kind of medium / experience

>e3 2018
>iwatas comes out of hiding after faking his death dressed as a ghost to announce Luigi's Mansion for the Switch

And that's why Paper Mario Color Splash is pretty great.

but paper mario color splash does not feature a great world with a nice feel to it and moderately evocative writing though

Yeah it did, hell it's world had the most location variety and more things going on than the other ones.

in quantity, yes, but not in depth

no

>in quantity, yes, but not in depth

No it does in depth as well, Prism Island makes far more sense as world and is more cohesive than the likes of Rogueport and its seemingly random surrounding areas, many of which are only accessible through the sewers. It'd be a joke to claim SPM had more depth either when its just a random spattering of locations.

i'm not talking about plot depth, i'm talking about depth of experience
spm and thousand year door are random splatterings but they're relatable and well written random splatterings
color splash on the other hand is a well connected network of ideas but that network is flat and uninteresting

>i'm not talking about plot depth, i'm talking about depth of experience

So basically you're bullshitting and being extremely vague and nebulous when arguing in favour of something you're trying to pass of as a certainty?

Part of good world building is that the locations add to the world even without the plot, what do the likes of Fahr Outpost and The Sammer Kingdom add to the games world?

>Vastly superior
Badly memed, friend.

The overworld/level design is better
A 64 remake with TTYD battle improvements and a pit of 100 trials/hard mode and more partner dialogue would be perfect

A year ago, I wouldn't believe we'd be getting a new classic Metroid game.

A year ago, I wouldn't believe we'd be getting Metroid Prime 4.

A year ago, I wouldn't believe we'd be getting a 3D Mario game like Odyssey.

And before last year, I wouldn't believe we'd get a new Zelda game like Breath of the Wild.

So yeah, don't give up on Paper Mario.

Bullshit but I believe in you

Too bad nintendo of all people forgot

please god i want to believe